Author Topic: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)  (Read 936115 times)

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)
« Reply #1375 on: April 07, 2011, 01:44:49 PM »
All right... who the eff is BITB jr??  We can't just start making crap up now folks.
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: April 07, 2011, 01:45:35 PM »
footnote to the big 12 coaching changes.  rodney terry from texas was hired at fresno state.  apparently he has been ut's connection with grassroots canada.  will be interesting to watch over the next couple years.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #1377 on: April 07, 2011, 01:58:29 PM »
footnote to the big 12 coaching changes.  rodney terry from texas was hired at fresno state.  apparently he has been ut's connection with grassroots canada.  will be interesting to watch over the next couple years.

I wondered who opened that pipeline up for the Horns...  Very interesting...

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: April 07, 2011, 02:18:41 PM »
 :dunno:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: April 07, 2011, 02:23:47 PM »

this fact + Juevol leading the team next year =  :bball:

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: April 07, 2011, 02:34:27 PM »
i'd appreciate it if everyone would stop beating off about the practice facility.  kstate is the last high major in the world to build one, it isn't something to be proud of.

That's true. And granted, nobody gets more excited about things we should expect than K-Stateo. But I think part of the optimism at least from non retards is from the fact that we've been doing pretty well despite not having a basic advantage that pretty much every self respecting basketball programs has. I can understand some excitement from that viewpoint.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 02:36:10 PM by Benja »

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: April 07, 2011, 02:43:25 PM »
Cole doing his best to settle down EMAWers on twitter.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: April 07, 2011, 02:53:15 PM »
i'd appreciate it if everyone would stop beating off about the practice facility.  kstate is the last high major in the world to build one, it isn't something to be proud of.
Agreed. It's kind of like how the powertards whipped themselves in to a frenzy about the video board and how "HUGE" it was.

It's okay to rub one out over the actual facility itself because it's going to be pretty gosh darn nice.   The reason to be pissed about it is, when you understand that an AD making HALF of what Tim Weiser was paid, made this happen in a little over a year, while Tim Weiser drug his ass around for 2 to 3 years on this project and wasted a lot of people's time talking about bullshit like storage space, and outdoor loge boxes in the football stadium.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: April 07, 2011, 02:54:52 PM »
The fact that Frank's people are putting out info that he would be interested in the Miami job is probably the best news that anyone who's not a dumbass and doesn't want Frank to leave could hear. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: April 07, 2011, 02:55:17 PM »
ryanmgreene Ryan Greene
by coachingrumors
Gut telling me #UNLV coaching decision should come no later than tomorrow afternoon. Theus, Kent here today, wrapping up interview process.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: April 07, 2011, 02:56:03 PM »
Cole Manbeck
Cole_Manbeck Cole Manbeck
"I don't see it happening."
15 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
»
Cole Manbeck
"sits 8,000 fans and they won't pay that kind of money. They're still paying Randy Shannon from last year when he got fired (cont)
16 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
»
Cole Manbeck
"If they gave him $1.5-$2 million per year and guaranteed 12K fans per game I think (Martin) Martin would listen. BUT the arena only (cont)
»
Cole Manbeck
Dislike using anonymous sources, but just got off the phone with source regarding Frank Martin situation. Here's what was said:
17 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Online Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: April 07, 2011, 03:00:28 PM »
Cole Manbeck
"I don't see it happening."
15 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
»
Cole Manbeck
"sits 8,000 fans and they won't pay that kind of money. They're still paying Randy Shannon from last year when he got fired (cont)
»
Cole Manbeck
"If they gave him $1.5-$2 million per year and guaranteed 12K fans per game I think (Martin) Martin would listen. BUT the arena only (cont)
»
Cole Manbeck
Dislike using anonymous sources, but just got off the phone with source regarding Frank Martin situation. Here's what was said:
17 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

i dislike using anonymous sources, but when it benefits my brand as a reporter I'm happy to go ahead and do so.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: April 07, 2011, 03:04:55 PM »
I dislike going to work, but I do it to get paid.  :driving:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: April 07, 2011, 03:06:54 PM »
i'd hate to see manbeck try and go all journalistic integrity sportsreportertard on us.  he should love anon sources and tweet about them all the time, rubbing meek's nose in them.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

catzacker

« Reply #1389 on: April 07, 2011, 03:16:41 PM »
The fact that Frank's people are putting out info that he would be interested in the Miami job is probably the best news that anyone who's not a dumbass and doesn't want Frank to leave could hear. 

i think the fact that franks people are putting stuff out there means that frank wants more money (just like last time).  or wants the fan base to start tapping john's door with pitch forks just to let john know who his daddy is just in case john thought frank was somehow easily replaceable.     

imo, frank doesn't use his agent.  he uses his people.  which looks far better and is an incredibly smart way of doing things. 

Offline 1992

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: April 07, 2011, 03:18:49 PM »
I will be sad when Frank goes South, but in the end...I have faith that oscar Pearl will keep it going!
Go to hell, Texas

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: April 07, 2011, 03:19:29 PM »
 :flush:  (you, not oscar pearl)

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #1392 on: April 07, 2011, 03:22:37 PM »
If Miami had an AD, Frank is gone.

Too bad Frank and Currie hate each other. They could go together.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: April 07, 2011, 03:23:55 PM »

i think the fact that franks people are putting stuff out there means that frank wants more money (just like last time).  or wants the fan base to start tapping john's door with pitch forks just to let john know who his daddy is just in case john thought frank was somehow easily replaceable.    

imo, frank doesn't use his agent.  he uses his people.  which looks far better and is an incredibly smart way of doing things.  
frank is from the streets, he has $treet $mart$.  catzacker, do you understand what i'm saying to you?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1394 on: April 07, 2011, 03:24:07 PM »

i think the fact that franks people are putting stuff out there means that frank wants more money (just like last time).  or wants the fan base to start tapping john's door with pitch forks just to let john know who his daddy is just in case john thought frank was somehow easily replaceable.     

imo, frank doesn't use his agent.  he uses his people.  which looks far better and is an incredibly smart way of doing things. 

Frank is an incredibly savvy businessman.  I attribute it to working most of his adolescent/adult life and seeing how people outside of this business get things done.

He's incredibly intelligent.  It's one of my favorite qualities about him.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: April 07, 2011, 03:25:42 PM »

Frank is an incredibly savvy businessman.  I attribute it to working most of his adolescent/adult life and seeing how people outside of this business get things done.

every single basektball coach in the entire world does this exact same thing, but I agree

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: April 07, 2011, 03:25:53 PM »

i think the fact that franks people are putting stuff out there means that frank wants more money (just like last time).  or wants the fan base to start tapping john's door with pitch forks just to let john know who his daddy is just in case john thought frank was somehow easily replaceable.    

imo, frank doesn't use his agent.  he uses his people.  which looks far better and is an incredibly smart way of doing things.  

and yet the dumbass can't put together a reindeer christmas decoration for his front yard.  :lol:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: April 07, 2011, 03:27:07 PM »

and yet the dumbass can't put together a reindeer christmas decoration for his front yard.  :lol:

I don't judge someone's intelligence on their ability put that cac together.

This means that I'm completely Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) at doing the exact same thing.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: April 07, 2011, 03:28:58 PM »

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: April 07, 2011, 03:29:52 PM »

every single basektball coach in the entire world does this exact same thing, but I agree

Yeah, but he's much more subtle about it.

i.e. Not horrible at it like Mike Anderson.