Author Topic: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)  (Read 893491 times)

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)
« Reply #475 on: April 04, 2011, 06:46:25 AM »
I think if miami can scratch up 1.75 ish he's gone for sure.  And I think it fits Frank's MO, he's worked his ass off after losing what was probably his dream job at miami high and now he's got the chance to go back.

The question will probably be if they can afford the buy out.

catzacker

« Reply #476 on: April 04, 2011, 06:46:46 AM »
why wouldn't frank leave?  it wasn't like ksu was setting attenedance records at KSU before Huggins/Martin got here.  As a fan base, we gave a sh*t about basketball just as much as Miami does.  Winnning will bring them, just as it did here.  And it's great timing.  With Jake gone and an unbalanced roster, he will have to do some rebuilding/retooling on this roster.  why not do that at home with probably a better opportunity with easier recruiting?  he's f'ing gone.  

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: April 04, 2011, 06:47:41 AM »
why wouldn't frank leave?  it wasn't like ksu was setting attenedance records at KSU before Huggins/Martin got here.  As a fan base, we gave a sh*t about basketball just as much as Miami does.  Winnning will bring them, just as it did here.  And it's great timing.  With Jake gone and an unbalanced roster, he will have to do some rebuilding/retooling on this roster.  why not do that at home with probably a better opportunity with easier recruiting?  he's f'ing gone. 

yeah, I don't have much hope right now.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: April 04, 2011, 06:47:58 AM »
i am totally down with Trim's suggestion of moving half our games to Jupiter.  I'd like to get PAK'd and walk to games.  

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: April 04, 2011, 06:52:29 AM »
would be stunned if he stays. the thought miami and frank can even excite me

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: April 04, 2011, 06:53:54 AM »
would be stunned if he stays. the thought miami and frank can even excite me

I've found myself online shopping for U hats.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 04, 2011, 06:57:20 AM »
As a fan base, we gave a sh*t about basketball just as much as Miami does.  Winnning will bring them, just as it did here. 

nah, they truly don't give a eff.  even if they are winning.  they only care about football.  but i think that aspect is way overrated in coaching change discussions.  i totally agree with your point about much easier recruiting.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 04, 2011, 07:00:05 AM »
I think if miami can scratch up 1.75 ish he's gone for sure.  And I think it fits Frank's MO, he's worked his ass off after losing what was probably his dream job at miami high and now he's got the chance to go back.

The question will probably be if they can afford the buy out.

THIS

Offline Andy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 04, 2011, 07:16:59 AM »
the same people freaking out about Martin leaving are the same people who wanted him fired back in january.

currie hasn't let me down yet.  cautiously optimistic no matter what ends up happening.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 04, 2011, 07:21:35 AM »
Meh.

Frank really wants to go home if he leaves for Miami. The best coach in the program's history is Leonard Hamilton. He led them to half (3) of their programs NCAA appearances, and basically built the team that went to a fourth after he left.

Any concern I have is very (very) slight.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 04, 2011, 07:28:11 AM »
I have no idea what is in Frank's head.  But, IF he does want to go home, why is Miami worse than we were when he took over?  You think South Florida kids care if Miami didnt have years of pre segregation basketball glory like we do?

All it takes is for one alum to step up with cash for a practice facility, and Franks cooking down there.   Do Michael Irvine or Portis like hoops?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 04, 2011, 07:30:30 AM »
Meh.

Frank really wants to go home if he leaves for Miami. The best coach in the program's history is Leonard Hamilton. He led them to half (3) of their programs NCAA appearances, and basically built the team that went to a fourth after he left.

Any concern I have is very (very) slight.

skipped to the bottom

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 04, 2011, 07:31:37 AM »
Frank would be stupid not to go to Miami as long as they can pay roughly what we will pay.  Congrats to Frank.  He's earned the eff out of this.

Offline 5601js

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 04, 2011, 07:32:50 AM »
I have no idea what is in Frank's head.  But, IF he does want to go home, why is Miami worse than we were when he took over?  You think South Florida kids care if Miami didnt have years of pre segregation basketball glory like we do?

All it takes is for one alum to step up with cash for a practice facility, and Franks cooking down there.   Do Michael Irvine or Portis like hoops?

I agree with this. Miami doesn't support bball because they haven't been very good at bball.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 04, 2011, 07:36:53 AM »
Frank would be stupid not to go to Miami as long as they can pay roughly what we will pay.  Congrats to Frank.  He's earned the eff out of this.

my question is can they pay his assistants?? frank has always been very loyal to his group of coaches that he has put together, also how much do we pay wsu's coach?  :goodbyecruelworld:

Offline kcchiefdav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 04, 2011, 07:37:19 AM »
The most important thing not being talked about in all of this, is...When the great college football realignment happens, "The U" has a guaranteed seat at the table, we do not. Send us a postcard from the beach, Frank.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline unleashthemob

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 04, 2011, 07:37:43 AM »
The is going to be more exciting then the news from Japan....maybe now we know why Wally hasn't left and why angel hasn't signed...going to be epic

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 04, 2011, 07:39:31 AM »
The good thing is that a coaching search is pretty phenomenal to follow on twitter.  It could be gut wrenching (Painter), but should make for some fun days of BBSing/tweeting.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 04, 2011, 07:42:28 AM »

my question is can they pay his assistants?? frank has always been very loyal to his group of coaches that he has put together, also how much do we pay wsu's coach?  :goodbyecruelworld:
All moot points. One of his assistants will be our head coach, unless Currie goes above and beyond our past ADs.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 04, 2011, 07:44:01 AM »

All moot points. One of his assistants will be our head coach, unless Currie goes above and beyond our past ADs.

urite, just trying to deflect the obligatory KITN thats coming

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: April 04, 2011, 07:45:37 AM »
fan support doesn't mean jack crap. sorry guys, it's irrelevant. the question is whether or not Frank could do a better job recruiting to Miami than he does here, therefore giving him a better chance to win.

Plus, there's a bunch of turds in the ACC for coaches. Frank is instantly the fourth biggest name out of all those pudnuts, and #3 is Gary rough ridin' Williams. He'll be a goddam star.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: April 04, 2011, 07:46:50 AM »
The good thing is that a coaching search is pretty phenomenal to follow on twitter.  It could be gut wrenching (Painter), but should make for some fun days of BBSing/tweeting.

I don’t have time this year.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: April 04, 2011, 07:47:04 AM »
probably pretty excited to get backing to kicking the crap out of Bzdealiachik led teams too

Offline Andy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: April 04, 2011, 07:47:15 AM »
some espnradio guy in miami being interviewed on 610 just said he doesnt see miami paying $2mil/yr for a coach...said they settled on their 3rd/4th choice for a football coach at a football school....boosters don't care about basketball...sees miami going after a cheap/young coach...said frank martin is totally out of their price range...

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: April 04, 2011, 07:48:45 AM »
Theres no personal state income tax in Florida! How can we compete?