Author Topic: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)  (Read 926484 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)
« Reply #6575 on: April 06, 2024, 11:31:41 AM »
I don't believe the Arkansas stuff.  That sounds super gross to me. 

Right? Like why

They have more of every conceivable measurable advantage to make a job easier than we do, literally every single one, and not by a little either.

Crazy he turned that down then

Wild they continually get turned down in multiple sports

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6576 on: April 06, 2024, 11:42:53 AM »
It’s gotta be the Wooo Pig Sooie they make them do at the presser.

It’s kinda a genius move by ark, though. If you can get someone to compromise themselves enough to scream that crap on cam, you got them.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6577 on: April 06, 2024, 11:51:32 AM »
wife related a story of visiting her in-law uncles gun shop in Arkansas and one customer when asked what he'd been doing said "shooting cans, Africans, Mexicans, Puerto Ricans."

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6578 on: April 06, 2024, 12:29:31 PM »

It’s kinda a genius move by ark, though. If you can get someone to compromise themselves enough to scream that crap on cam, you got them.

Really Glad he stayed, but Woo Tang is content gold.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6579 on: April 06, 2024, 12:46:22 PM »

Really Glad he stayed, but Woo Tang is content gold.

That’s rough ridin' great.

I would buy an “Ain’t nothin to eff with!” shirt for sure.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6580 on: April 06, 2024, 02:07:53 PM »
The NIL can be named c.r.e.a.m.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6581 on: April 06, 2024, 02:32:35 PM »
Oh man, what if Tang reads these incredible missed opportunities and reconsiders?   :ohno:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6582 on: April 06, 2024, 03:48:31 PM »
Boggy bottom boys on Reddit. There was more of this joined by KU fans agreeing they had such a respectful rivalry as they have such great histories, and yes we're talking Iowa State.
fcocyclone
10 hr. ago
 Iowa State Cyclones
I legitimately think you all will be better off. He's a clown.
level 4
fcocyclone
9 hr. ago
 Iowa State Cyclones
So quick? I thought he was fake as eff even before this year. This year just confirmed it further.

I generally pull for the old big 8 teams. I was sincere in saying I think you guys will be better off without him.
Fixner_Blount
8 hr. ago
 Iowa State Cyclones
Tang caused plenty of toxicity towards ISU and he never spoke out about it. I’d have a lot more respect for him now if he came out and said “my bad, I thought I something that I actually didn’t.”

But he didn’t, and instead the KState Twitter crowd ran with a bunch of BS about throwing things at the bench and being racist. It amazes me how many K State fans are being intentionally arrogant of that whole situation.
foocyclone sounds really racist

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6583 on: April 06, 2024, 03:52:58 PM »

Right? Like why

They have more of every conceivable measurable advantage to make a job easier than we do, literally every single one, and not by a little either.

A couple of things.
1. The 3MAW guys said he was facing a lot of internal pressure, presumably from friends and family to stay.
2. Arkansas has all those advantages, it can't be denied, they play in a 20,000 seat arena for goodness sakes, but it's Arkansas, it's a weird and frankly disgusting place. Muss left them for a situation that's appreciably worse, but it's not in Arkansas so there's that.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #6584 on: April 06, 2024, 05:58:55 PM »

Right? Like why

but it's Arkansas, it's a weird and frankly disgusting place. Muss left them for a situation that's appreciably worse, but it's not in Arkansas so there's that.
WTF? Quite the 180 from yesterdays post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6585 on: April 06, 2024, 06:50:34 PM »
How has Painter been at Purdue for as long as he has? No one tries to hire him away just because it's his alma mater? He's won the Big Ten 4 of the past 8 years and is only getting paid $3.67 million. Surely somewhere like Kentucky or UCLA could lure him away.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6586 on: April 06, 2024, 07:10:56 PM »

Right? Like why

A couple of things.
1. The 3MAW guys said he was facing a lot of internal pressure, presumably from friends and family to stay.
2. Arkansas has all those advantages, it can't be denied, they play in a 20,000 seat arena for goodness sakes, but it's Arkansas, it's a weird and frankly disgusting place. Muss left them for a situation that's appreciably worse, but it's not in Arkansas so there's that.

Which is kinda why I was like why. He left for USC. Which I get is location wise undeniably better but from a program and history is just absolute meh. His move from Arkansas to USC is like Frank to the other USC. It has little to do with history and a lot with admin. I get Linton dicked over Tang but from all I see the mustang is a great guy to work for.

To me all Arky has is it's 40 minutes of hell past and that's it. Your second point assessment is the correct take on trying to go to Arkansas to be bball coach. It ain't worth it
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Online WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #6587 on: April 06, 2024, 07:13:03 PM »
How has Painter been at Purdue for as long as he has? No one tries to hire him away just because it's his alma mater? He's won the Big Ten 4 of the past 8 years and is only getting paid $3.67 million. Surely somewhere like Kentucky or UCLA could lure him away.

if i remember correctly, he about left 10 years ago but decided to stay. He's had some tourney issues which prob scare some.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6588 on: April 06, 2024, 07:37:56 PM »
I think Tang will at some point get another job, and then realize how much he loved being at a school where the fan base embraces basically anything you ask (not chanting F KU, not court storming, etc). Then he'll be really sad that he's just another coach at *insert name of school here* and want to go back somewhere like K-State, even if it means taking a pay cut.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6589 on: April 06, 2024, 07:43:06 PM »
He's 58 in October. If he leaves his new gig will be his last.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #6590 on: April 06, 2024, 08:07:46 PM »
I think Tang will at some point get another job, and then realize how much he loved being at a school where the fan base embraces basically anything you ask (not chanting F KU, not court storming, etc). Then he'll be really sad that he's just another coach at *insert name of school here* and want to go back somewhere like K-State, even if it means taking a pay cut.

The Beasley Effect

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6591 on: April 06, 2024, 08:19:58 PM »

if i remember correctly, he about left 10 years ago but decided to stay. He's had some tourney issues which prob scare some.
Painter leveraged the hell out of Mizzou before they hired Haith

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6592 on: April 07, 2024, 06:04:03 PM »

Right? Like why

but it's Arkansas, it's a weird and frankly disgusting place. Muss left them for a situation that's appreciably worse, but it's not in Arkansas so there's that.

you might be slow

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6593 on: April 07, 2024, 06:08:26 PM »

Right? Like why

A couple of things.

Which is kinda why I was like why. He left for USC. Which I get is location wise undeniably better but from a program and history is just absolute meh. His move from Arkansas to USC is like Frank to the other USC. It has little to do with history and a lot with admin. I get Linton dicked over Tang but from all I see the mustang is a great guy to work for.

To me all Arky has is it's 40 minutes of hell past and that's it. Your second point assessment is the correct take on trying to go to Arkansas to be bball coach. It ain't worth it

Eye on College Basketball guys essentially said they left to live in LA instead of Fayetteville. He lived in San Diego for a while growing up and he went back to college there. His wife worked in LA for quite a while when she worked for Fox Sports Net.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6594 on: April 07, 2024, 06:09:05 PM »

Painter leveraged the hell out of Mizzou before they hired Haith

He was also a finalist for Louisville when they hired Payne.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #6595 on: April 07, 2024, 09:12:23 PM »

Right? Like why

you might be slow
I kind of think you are presumptuous. You do you though

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6596 on: April 07, 2024, 09:33:09 PM »
Now Calipari to Arkansas?  Did not see that coming.  Who is Kentucky gonna hire?  I don’t think there is a name big enough for them.  I’d say Nate Oates, but he just extended at Bama.

I hate coaching carousels…..

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6597 on: April 07, 2024, 09:46:30 PM »
Man, a Kentucky coaching search sounds like a blast. If Tang was on their radar, I wonder if him turning down Arkansas makes him seem more or less available.

Huggins at Kentucky would be the most non-EMAW related fun I've had in college basketball in a long time. Maybe ever.

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6598 on: April 07, 2024, 09:52:27 PM »
I am of course very biased and thinking with my heart, but I can’t see Tang being on their radar with only two years of head coaching experience.  If he had gone to the elite 8 again, then probably, but I think the sting of Billy Gillispie still lingers.

The only coaches that would satisfy those nut jobs are Jay Wright and Bill Self and that isn’t happening.  Maybe Billy Donovan.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 09:58:16 PM by BostonPancake »

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6599 on: April 07, 2024, 09:55:41 PM »
if tj doesn’t get a strong look from kentucky, it’s only because matt campbell already accepted the position

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.