« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2011, 01:45:39 PM »
Rock Chalk!

Offline kscottbailey

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: WTF
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2011, 01:47:46 PM »
In this case, America can suck it.

Why exactly do you guys root against us so strongly? Sure, I don't like some of your fans. But I was still pulling for you guys against Wisconsin last Saturday.

Just curious.

This is the most honest I will ever be. I effing hate KU. Every single fan, every single player. I have KU alum in my family: I hate them.

I didn't care about KU at all until I came to K-State. After my first football game against KU, the seeds of hate were planted by KU fans. Then came basketball, the tree began to grow. Less than a year into my college education, murder came to mind every time I saw the colors blue and red together.

But I did root for KU to beat Nebraska in football once...

I can respect all of that. I don't have a problem with the fact that you hate us. I was just curious WHY. Thank you.

My personal hate (and I mean when I started to consider homicide strongly) probably goes back to our loss to KU in manhattan in...2007 I think, football. After being assured that "there is no rivalry" from every snooty ass KU fan in the state, the fans decided to mock and deride us in our own town for the entire day. I had GIRLS screaming RCJH in my effing face in the parking lot as I was leaving the staduim after. I was yelled at and mocked by groups of KU (what I assume were frat dudes, but you really can't tell with KU fans...they take douche to a whole new level) fans my entire walk home. Seriously like 2 miles and I was yelled at by at least 7 different groups of people....and I was just walking! THEN, when we beat KU they're even worse!

All the while claiming they don't care about us. Sure.
This x 1 with a lot of 0s behind it.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2011, 01:48:57 PM »
Also, ed, here's something you might find interesting about UCLA:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news?slug=dw-uclalegacy040206

On one hand, UCLA has a tradition rich with success, class and glory. Good people, great stories, wonderful memories. On the other is the fact the Bruins eviscerated the rule book like no program before or after, but went largely unpunished by a NCAA that wanted no part of taking down its marquee team.

And the truth is, neither image is wrong. And neither one is right. This is college athletics, yesterday, today and probably forever, no matter how sweet the package, now matter how pretty the bow.

It is how Wooden, universally hailed for his remarkable grace and humility, has wound up seemingly beyond reproach. No matter how dirty his program, today he sells books, speeches and financial planning commercials based on his image of trust and honesty.

Look up Sam Gilbert and get back to me, ed.  UCLA has about ten national titles that are tainted with the worst kind of cheating you can even imagine.  Oh, and then there's Jim Harrick, who won a title at UCLA in 1995, and is known as one of the dirtiest college basketball coaches of all-time.  

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2011, 01:49:47 PM »
By the way, I'm pretty sure James Naismith invented the sport of basketball, ed.

:ohno:

By the way, no he didn't  :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :horrorsurprise: :horrorsurprise: :horrorsurprise: :horrorsurprise:

TO THE PHOG!!!!!!

Ummm.... yeah, he did.  Even the other guy's family admitted it. 

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2011, 01:50:33 PM »

Why exactly do you guys root against us so strongly? Sure, I don't like some of your fans. But I was still pulling for you guys against Wisconsin last Saturday.

Just curious.

This is the most honest I will ever be. I effing hate KU. Every single fan, every single player. I have KU alum in my family: I hate them.

I didn't care about KU at all until I came to K-State. After my first football game against KU, the seeds of hate were planted by KU fans. Then came basketball, the tree began to grow. Less than a year into my college education, murder came to mind every time I saw the colors blue and red together.

But I did root for KU to beat Nebraska in football once...

I can respect all of that. I don't have a problem with the fact that you hate us. I was just curious WHY. Thank you.

My personal hate (and I mean when I started to consider homicide strongly) probably goes back to our loss to KU in manhattan in...2007 I think, football. After being assured that "there is no rivalry" from every snooty ass KU fan in the state, the fans decided to mock and deride us in our own town for the entire day. I had GIRLS screaming RCJH in my effing face in the parking lot as I was leaving the staduim after. I was yelled at and mocked by groups of KU (what I assume were frat dudes, but you really can't tell with KU fans...they take douche to a whole new level) fans my entire walk home. Seriously like 2 miles and I was yelled at by at least 7 different groups of people....and I was just walking! THEN, when we beat KU they're even worse!

All the while claiming they don't care about us. Sure.

This x 1 with a lot of 0s behind it.
ben cares about us.  he cares a lot.  I think J7 might too.....I really hope so :shy:
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Jayhawk7

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2011, 01:53:01 PM »

Just curious.
your university has a history of conduct that includes fraud, theft, lying, tax evasion, more lying, support of criminals and a general lack of respect to any rules which govern athletics and society as a whole.

You're silly.
excellent retort.  But you know I'm right.  Your entire athletics tradition is founded on a tradition of theft.

Surely you're familiar with the concept of offering evidence or some sort of coherent argument. Granted, we are not 100% squeaky clean. Name me a major college basketball program who has never been in any trouble for anything. Right, I can't think of any either. Nice try though.

Also--to the racist comment? WHAT? I live in Lawrence. You are severely misguided in saying that.
now i know for sure you are a bandwagon fan.   :dubious: sorry for going down this road.  only someone who is serious about athletics should proceed.

Oh look! A cop out! Because you can't support your claims. Beautiful. I guess it's 'bandwagoning' when you were born and raised in Lawrence and have lived there all your life.
For serial?!?!

square 1 naismith stole basketball
1988 title: only time a team has been prohibited from defending a title because of their cheating
2008 title: only time a team has won a title on probation.....but why were they on prob oh thats right Z LIST
-player paid, players had grades changed in high school which should have made them ineligible (du-rel arthur), players had tutors take test for them
your football field is named after a felon (kivisto field)
your athletic department defrauded the federal government and hindered the war effort during wwii by claiming Allen Field house was an "armory" thereby defrauding the government into allowing them more building materials which should have gone to making stuff to protect our soldiers, airmen and sailors

Yet we still keep these titles? Never been vacated. Looks like everything you say is 100% correct. Pfft. Not. OregonHawk is right.
you left this out

I'll assume you checked everything out.  Did you notice how I never said that your conduct didn't have results?  I mean its a pretty impressive resume.  Not everyone can win like Duke, UCLA or UNC. Sometimes schools like KU have to do cac like this to even attempt to keep up with the elite schools.
\

Aaaaaand there it is. The number 1 thing fans of our rival teams go to. Trying to denounce our status as a blue blood. Try harder.
dude you guys have a great resume, i'm kinda jello-c.  You guys just took a little bit different path to get there thats all. 

I'm done regarding you as a person even worth arguing with. Your main arguments are based on opinion and hearsay and bias. So many decent posters on here..you are certainly not one.
Rock Chalk Jayhawk!
* '22 * '23 * '52 * '88 * '08 *

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2011, 01:53:28 PM »
square 1 naismith stole basketball
1988 title: only time a team has been prohibited from defending a title because of their cheating
2008 title: only time a team has won a title on probation.....but why were they on prob oh thats right Z LIST
-player paid, players had grades changed in high school which should have made them ineligible (du-rel arthur), players had tutors take test for them
your football field is named after a felon (kivisto field)
your athletic department defrauded the federal government and hindered the war effort during wwii by claiming Allen Field house was an "armory" thereby defrauding the government into allowing them more building materials which should have gone to making stuff to protect our soldiers, airmen and sailors
:zzz: <- except for winning titles is pretty damn impressive

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2011, 01:54:35 PM »

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2011, 01:56:12 PM »
I'm done regarding you as a person even worth arguing with. Your main arguments are based on opinion and hearsay and bias. So many decent posters on here..you are certainly not one.

MCMW. learn it. know it. live it.  own it and be proud of it.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2011, 01:56:39 PM »

On one hand, UCLA has a tradition rich with success, class and glory. Good people, great stories, wonderful memories. On the other is the fact the Bruins eviscerated the rule book like no program before or after, but went largely unpunished by a NCAA that wanted no part of taking down its marquee team.

And the truth is, neither image is wrong. And neither one is right. This is college athletics, yesterday, today and probably forever, no matter how sweet the package, now matter how pretty the bow.

It is how Wooden, universally hailed for his remarkable grace and humility, has wound up seemingly beyond reproach. No matter how dirty his program, today he sells books, speeches and financial planning commercials based on his image of trust and honesty.

Look up Sam Gilbert and get back to me, ed.  UCLA has about ten national titles that are tainted with the worst kind of cheating you can even imagine.  Oh, and then there's Jim Harrick, who won a title at UCLA in 1995, and is known as one of the dirtiest college basketball coaches of all-time.  
improper benefits@!!!!!!! OMG !!!!!!!!

UCLA players recalled his showing up after Bruins games in the 1960s, dispensing apples and oranges.

so much Ironing that you post about that.  *waits for ben to see the irony of posting that story*
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline kscottbailey

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2011, 01:56:47 PM »
I don't have much respect for any KU fan who actually claims the '22 and '23 "titles." You guys have 3 that you actually WON. No need to claim to have two extra ones that some dude proclaimed 20 years after the fact.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2011, 01:57:39 PM »

JFC, sqwawk condescension at its worst. GTFOMB

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2011, 02:00:13 PM »
look J7 I was just rough ridin' with you and now you are trying to hurt my feelings and I don't appreciate it.  You asked for reason why people don't like KU.  People responded.  You said you wanted specifics.  I provided facts for you.  Then I joked a bit more because I thought we were growing together.  Now you are just being mean for no reason.  You haven't even refuted the facts I presented

oh and Beems can you provide a link to something about the family admitting he didn't invent it.  I mean there is a pic out there.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2011, 02:01:24 PM »

UCLA players recalled his showing up after Bruins games in the 1960s, dispensing apples and oranges.

so much Ironing that you post about that.  *waits for ben to see the irony of posting that story*

"I hate to say anything that may hurt UCLA, but I can't be quiet when I see what the NCAA is doing (to other coaches) only because (they have) a reputation for giving a second chance to many black athletes other coaches have branded as troublemakers. The NCAA is working night and day trying to get (them), but no one from the NCAA ever questioned me during my four years at UCLA."

That quote comes from none other than Bill Walton, maybe the greatest Bruin of them all, in a 1978 book "Bill Walton: On the Road with the Portland Trail Blazers," which went on to detail how Sam Gilbert, a Los Angeles contractor the feds allege made millions laundering drug money, bought a decade worth of recruits for UCLA.

Love the double standard, ed.  It's obvious that UCLA has always done things "the right way."

:lol:

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2011, 02:02:06 PM »
I don't have much respect for any KU fan who actually claims the '22 and '23 "titles." You guys have 3 that you actually WON. No need to claim to have two extra ones that some dude proclaimed 20 years after the fact.

they can't claim the 09-10 conference title like we can.  :ksu:

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2011, 02:03:30 PM »
Being serious, KU could have a tough time with FSU if they both move on. Noles defense is incredible.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2011, 02:04:36 PM »

"I hate to say anything that may hurt UCLA, but I can't be quiet when I see what the NCAA is doing (to other coaches) only because (they have) a reputation for giving a second chance to many black athletes other coaches have branded as troublemakers. The NCAA is working night and day trying to get (them), but no one from the NCAA ever questioned me during my four years at UCLA."

That quote comes from none other than Bill Walton, maybe the greatest Bruin of them all, in a 1978 book "Bill Walton: On the Road with the Portland Trail Blazers," which went on to detail how Sam Gilbert, a Los Angeles contractor the feds allege made millions laundering drug money, bought a decade worth of recruits for UCLA.

Love the double standard, ed.  It's obvious that UCLA has always done things "the right way."

you still don't see the irony in posting that do you.  

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2011, 02:04:54 PM »
Sam Gilbert.   A little walking around money, food in the fridge, some clothes, hanging out at his pool and dinner.

BFD.

Offline FHSU92

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2011, 02:05:11 PM »
Rock Chalk!

LEAPER!!!!!  

That's his nicname right?  Been too long.  Loved watching go get the tee after kick-offs.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2011, 02:05:19 PM »

oh and Beems can you provide a link to something about the family admitting he didn't invent it.  I mean there is a pic out there.

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/03/10/2716322_theory-that-lambert-will-invented.html?storylink=omni_popular

Rick Will said his grandfather was an impressive man, but even he doesn’t believe Lambert Will invented the game.

“That was Naismith’s idea,” said Rick Will, 62. “He never denied that.”

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2011, 02:06:58 PM »

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/03/10/2716322_theory-that-lambert-will-invented.html?storylink=omni_popular

Rick Will said his grandfather was an impressive man, but even he doesn’t believe Lambert Will invented the game.

“That was Naismith’s idea,” said Rick Will, 62. “He never denied that.”

By KENT BABB
The Kansas City Star

pfftttt...need a credible source pls. tia.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2011, 02:07:28 PM »

Just curious.
You were pulling for us because we're easy to love.  We're rough ridin' adorable from our take-no-crap coach down to our pimple-faced, squeaky-voiced Kansan freshman.

I root against you this year because you have a bunch of worthless human beings on the team.  Little beats women (deal breaker for me).  The McMorris thugs throw elbows, shoot old ladies with BB guns and wreck other people's car whilst commenting attempted statutory rape.  Morningstar is a spoiled little rich kid who thinks he can "do you know who I am?" his way out of a DUI and has a white-collar criminal for a father.  TieShauwn is an ignorant thug that starts campus brawls with the football team.

Overall, I have no problem with KU in general.  Didn't have a problem at all with your '08 team that won it all.  KU has always been good at cheating and I actually kind of admire them for that.  This year over half your team is just a bunch of thugish woman beaters and dirty players.  Got no love.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2011, 02:08:22 PM »
Sam Gilbert.   A little walking around money, food in the fridge, some clothes, hanging out at his pool and dinner.

BFD.

:surprised:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2011, 02:11:54 PM »
The point is UberButtHurtElite Ben . . . is that multiple AAU sources know that ku "spent" more money keeping Dick Rub and the Tooth around another year (just one example) than Sam Gilbert likely spent during the entire run at UCLA.

I don't have a problem with it,  like I've said before, I've claimed for years that K-State needs to close the gap on cheating with ku.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2011, 02:18:32 PM »

you still don't see the irony in posting that do you.  
:ohno: :ohno:

seriously though, Babb wrote a crap piece.  Naismith jr II sounds like a real psycho and fat.  I'll trust Grand daddy's own pen and pics over Babb and crew threatening or bribing a good American family.