Author Topic: Frank owning Kellis/protecting Jake at the post game presser.....  (Read 23369 times)

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
Re: Frank winning @ the postgame presser when Jake breaks down.
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2011, 11:51:44 PM »
eff Kellis

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2011, 11:52:09 PM »
Kellis' wife is going to have to put in some overtime on her knees to make this go away....lots of cookies too.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
Re: Oh my god. Frank @ the presser when Jake breaks down.
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2011, 11:52:19 PM »
reporter was kellis, of all peeps...

Well, if that was the case, it tells me all I need to know about how Frank feels about Kellis.

That was a cacty question, basically the question is "how do you feel" but he sprinkled salt in the bad question wound with the you got the record but didn't get it done part of the question

I absolutely agree.  Kellis was just being bad at his job, as per usual.

I just think that Frank may have been more lenient in his response to Fitz or Meek.  I could be WAY wrong on that, but I don't think he has a lot of respect for Kellis, and it showed by him punking him on TV.

If it was some dude from the Tucson paper or the AP, Frank may have just gone off, but to me, this was like yelling at some guy at work after you've had a bad day, simply because you don't like him very much and he said the wrong thing at the wrong time.

Offline KSUTOMMY

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Oh my god. Frank @ the presser when Jake breaks down.
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2011, 11:52:24 PM »
Kellis is  a piece of cac.

Hate him. A LOT. Do you think he'd ask the sam question at the  squak presser last year? He's just an bad person.
We are K-State and we love to hire SHlTTY coaches.

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2011, 11:52:30 PM »
kellis deserves grave misfortune. and very bad things.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2011, 11:54:31 PM »
kellis deserves grave misfortune. and very bad things.
Like i said. On it.

Offline CatsFan_58

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2011, 11:56:14 PM »
I don't blame Frank for protecting his guy, but I really don't think Kellis was out of line here. 

have to go back to your stupid ass comment for a sec...

assuming we actually should care, what information was Kellis trying to gather with his question? "How do you feel?" are you rough ridin' shitting me? uh, he probably feels badly, you rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!). awesome question. really got something for the quick hitters there.

gmafb.
agree with kougs here.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: Frank winning @ the post game presser when Jake breaks down.
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2011, 11:58:18 PM »
Kellis was trying to get a juicy, emotion driven quote.  He got it. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2011, 11:59:14 PM »
kellis is a piece of crap.

Offline KSUTOMMY

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
He needs to get punched in the dick.
We are K-State and we love to hire SHlTTY coaches.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2011, 12:00:57 AM »

except he won't be able to translate the emotion to his shitty doomed paper, because 1) it's a rough ridin' paper, and 2) he's an awful writer.

oh, and Jake was already emotional, so every answer he gave would have had emotion behind it, except a decent question would have gotten an emotional answer that actually answered something people may not have already known.

But no. Instead, we got the Jim Gray "how do you feel?" question to a losing player.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2011, 12:01:01 AM »
I don't blame Frank for protecting his guy, but I really don't think Kellis was out of line here. 

assuming we actually should care, what information was Kellis trying to gather with his question? "How do you feel?" are you rough ridin' shitting me? uh, he probably feels badly, you rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!). awesome question. really got something for the quick hitters there.

gmafb.
agree with kougs here.

Maybe he was going to write a fluff piece about Pullen and use the quote to provide emotion for the story.  Maybe he WAS being a dick.  We don't know.  We hate him because he is a KU guy, but he has followed the Cats for what 2-3 years now and has probably spent quite a bit of time with Jake in that period, hopefully he has grown to respect Jake as a person/player.  Maybe not.

BTW kougs, don't try to PI me.  You suck at it.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Frank owning Kellis/protecting Jake at the post game presser.....
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2011, 12:02:10 AM »
On it.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2011, 12:02:49 AM »

assuming we actually should care, what information was Kellis trying to gather with his question? "How do you feel?" are you effing cacting me? uh, he probably feels badly, you effing Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!). awesome question. really got something for the quick hitters there.

gmafb.
agree with kougs here.

Maybe he was going to write a fluff piece about Pullen and use the quote to provide emotion for the story.  Maybe he WAS being a dick.  We don't know.  We hate him because he is a KU guy, but he has followed the Cats for what 2-3 years now and has probably spent quite a bit of time with Jake in that period, hopefully he has grown to respect Jake as a person/player.  Maybe not.

go blow kellis squawk.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2011, 12:03:32 AM »

assuming we actually should care, what information was Kellis trying to gather with his question? "How do you feel?" are you effing cacting me? uh, he probably feels badly, you effing Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!). awesome question. really got something for the quick hitters there.

gmafb.
agree with kougs here.

go blow kellis squawk.

lol go blow yourself. 
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Dr. tylerhughes

• Fan
  • HEY!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2011, 12:04:40 AM »
On it.

Gooch, I would really love to help in any way possible.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2011, 12:04:58 AM »
nicname go start another terrible thread that no one cares about....thanks in advance.

Offline KSUBrian

• Combo-Fan
  • Weird Robert is #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2011, 12:06:16 AM »
kellis is a piece of cac.

Do not subscribe to the star or go to Kansascity.com (KC Star) or kansas.com (Wichita Eagle) because of that piece of squawk crap.  eff you Kellis.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2011, 12:06:30 AM »

gmafb.
agree with kougs here.

We hate him because he is a KU guy

I don't give a crap about this.  Smart people hate him because he didn't deserve the job, lied about his past when he got it, and really sucks at said job.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2011, 12:06:38 AM »
Bring the hate dudes.  I can take it.  

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2011, 12:06:51 AM »

except he won't be able to translate the emotion to his shitty doomed paper, because 1) it's a rough ridin' paper, and 2) he's an awful writer.

oh, and Jake was already emotional, so every answer he gave would have had emotion behind it, except a decent question would have gotten an emotional answer that actually answered something people may not have already known.

But no. Instead, we got the Jim Gray "how do you feel?" question to a losing player.
I agree that Kellis is an bad person and print journalism is doomed (sorry Joelcat), but aside from the downright rude wording of the question, a "how do you feel"-type question is fair.  Obviously everyone knows how Jake felt, but you still need a quote.  I bet the other reporters there were pretty happy they didn't have to be the one to ask the question, but they'll def use the quote.

But yes, his wording was out of line.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2011, 12:06:58 AM »

gmafb.
agree with kougs here.

Maybe he was going to write a fluff piece about Pullen and use the quote to provide emotion for the story.  Maybe he WAS being a dick.  We don't know.  We hate him because he is a KU guy, but he has followed the Cats for what 2-3 years now and has probably spent quite a bit of time with Jake in that period, hopefully he has grown to respect Jake as a person/player.  Maybe not.

BTW kougs, don't try to PI me.  You suck at it.

i don't PI people, i call it like it is. your comment was rough ridin' stupid.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2011, 12:09:11 AM »
Bring the hate dudes.  I can take it. 

we don't want to be mad at you...just Kellis.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2011, 12:11:02 AM »
Really wish Kellis would die in a fire at Fat Tony's.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2011, 12:11:09 AM »

I agree that Kellis is an bad person and print journalism is doomed (sorry Joelcat), but aside from the downright rude wording of the question, a "how do you feel"-type question is fair.  Obviously everyone knows how Jake felt, but you still need a quote.  I bet the other reporters there were pretty happy they didn't have to be the one to ask the question, but they'll def use the quote.

But yes, his wording was out of line.

A good journalist, especially a good print journalist, won't ask that question because it adds nothing, seriously what the eff do you expect the answer to be?  If you must have clarity about how a player who just lost his last college game feels you don't ask "how does/do it/you feel."  I learned this in high school.