Author Topic: Queso  (Read 11833 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Queso
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2011, 12:28:17 PM »
I was pretty back and forth on CCQ all season, eventually "switching over" to team CCQ.  Here's what I think, most of Coffman's success was due, in large part, to Daniel Thomas.  Defenses knew that first and foremost, you've got to stop Thomas and try to make Carson win the game.  When that happened, Coffman was generally pretty effective at hitting receivers >15 yards down the field.  He couldn't stretch the field vertically, at all, but he was hardly ever called to do that, probably because OBz and co. new his limitations.

So, in summation, Coffman was a decent quarterback who generally did a good job of exploiting vulnerable secondaries.  Carson did not lose us any games. 

anybody that thinks coffman cost the team any wins is a certified dumbass. those people should obviously be pretty amped for the upcoming season though. without carson costing the cats wins, i'm expecting a lot of 9 and 10 win predictions.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2011, 01:53:47 PM »
Look, I've been a member of both camps, and I can tell you this: Team CCQ's camp is kinda shitty, it only has like a 21 inch tv screen, some worn down couches, some fat girls, and a bar with only natty light on tap. But Team Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)'s camp is all a bunch of bros sitting around a transistor radio listening to the game asking each other where they can get some chicks and beer.

I think the first part of this, about Team CCQ's camp, is pretty accurate.  I'd change the second part, though.  The camp for Team Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) (which I'll take to mean Team Klein) is more like this: a bigger TV than team CCQ--let's say 28"--but it's black and white.  Or maybe it's color, but it's got a picture that is super fuzzy and someone seriously needs to fiddle with the tint knob because everything looks orange.  And the closed captioning is permanently on.  (Annoying.)  There are some fat girls, and there are some skinny girls too, but they have mediocre faces at best and not much rack to speak of.  The beer is Fat Cat.

So in summation, there were a few options this year, but I think we can all agree that either one pretty much sucks dick.  
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2011, 02:35:53 PM »
Good to see Daris so militant about defending Queso.  Its endearing.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2011, 02:41:37 PM »
I have a feeling I am going to be on opposite side of Daris in the impending Team Tuggle vs Team Sams battle.  :frown:
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2011, 03:48:59 PM »
I have a feeling I am going to be on opposite side of Daris in the impending Team Tuggle vs Team Sams battle.  :frown:

what about klein? he was tons better than coffman. right?  :dunno:

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2011, 01:06:19 AM »
Look, I've been a member of both camps, and I can tell you this: Team CCQ's camp is kinda shitty, it only has like a 21 inch tv screen, some worn down couches, some fat girls, and a bar with only natty light on tap. But Team Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)'s camp is all a bunch of bros sitting around a transistor radio listening to the game asking each other where they can get some chicks and beer.

I think the first part of this, about Team CCQ's camp, is pretty accurate.  I'd change the second part, though.  The camp for Team Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) (which I'll take to mean Team Klein) is more like this: a bigger TV than team CCQ--let's say 28"--but it's black and white.  Or maybe it's color, but it's got a picture that is super fuzzy and someone seriously needs to fiddle with the tint knob because everything looks orange.  And the closed captioning is permanently on.  (Annoying.)  There are some fat girls, and there are some skinny girls too, but they have mediocre faces at best and not much rack to speak of.  The beer is Fat Cat.

So in summation, there were a few options this year, but I think we can all agree that either one pretty much sucks dick.  

team Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) formed before klein and was not united in pumping up klein until after the UT game. usually they just wanted slamur or dt to run the wildcat like 60 times a game

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2011, 02:03:47 AM »

I think the first part of this, about Team CCQ's camp, is pretty accurate.  I'd change the second part, though.  The camp for Team Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) (which I'll take to mean Team Klein) is more like this: a bigger TV than team CCQ--let's say 28"--but it's black and white.  Or maybe it's color, but it's got a picture that is super fuzzy and someone seriously needs to fiddle with the tint knob because everything looks orange.  And the closed captioning is permanently on.  (Annoying.)  There are some fat girls, and there are some skinny girls too, but they have mediocre faces at best and not much rack to speak of.  The beer is Fat Cat.

As a Co-captain of team Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!), I can tell you team Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) is definitely not team klein. Also, we never united with team klein either.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2011, 08:05:39 AM »
How many wins this year now that Carson is finally gone? Ten?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2011, 10:31:28 AM »
Daris is bbs'ing like a evil genius in here.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2011, 11:50:15 AM »
Our fanbase, as skinnybenny is nice enough to demonstrate is full of rough ridin' retards.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2011, 12:09:54 PM »
 :woot:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline KSUTOMMY

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2011, 04:16:21 PM »
They both weren't good - Carson was just the better of them. He will fail miserably in the NFL (if drafted at all). OBz will love him as a Grad Asst though.
We are K-State and we love to hire SHlTTY coaches.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2011, 04:17:52 PM »
RE Queso sniffing even an NFL practice squad:   :dubious:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2011, 02:17:26 PM »

Suck it, loser.

Offline Branson Bound

• Good Christian Fan
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2011, 02:24:28 PM »
Rick Daris is absolutely right. There is no way this team could possibly be worse now that we got rid of that loser Carson Coffman. Now it's time for ol' Bill to work his magic! :woot:
GET WELL SOON RANDY!

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2011, 02:34:01 PM »

Suck it, loser.

Still very  :dubious: about this.  Does World League Football still exist?  Maybe he could probably go play for the Barthelona Dragons or something?

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2011, 04:06:58 PM »

Suck it, loser.

Still very  :dubious: about this.  Does World League Football still exist?  Maybe he could probably go play for the Barthelona Dragons or something?

I like how you typed in the lisp typical of all Castillians.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2011, 04:46:39 PM »
I like how you caught it!   :D

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2011, 05:51:11 PM »
I like how you caught it!   :D

i was gonna say something but i thought you'd think i was a big time language dork or whatever :runaway:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2011, 12:03:34 AM »
Yes, SkinnyBenny hates talking about language.
 :users:

JK, we can talk about that crap all day, er'ry day and it will be very fascinating.   :D

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2011, 12:08:02 AM »
Yes, SkinnyBenny hates talking about language.
 :users:

JK, we can talk about that cac all day, er'ry day and it will be very fascinating.   :D

skibens,

were you at ksu when tom murray was still there or had he killed his ex-wife by then? i took his phonetics, linguistics and morphology class and it rocked my world. weirdest, most complicated class that i have probably ever taken in my life.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2011, 12:15:17 AM »
I actually never had him, though some pals did.  Did it rock your world because he murdered you?   :surprised:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2011, 12:30:12 AM »
I actually never had him, though some pals did.  Did it rock your world because he murdered you?   :surprised:

it was just insanely complex in a weird way. like, language in the written form is just extremely complicated in some ways and stuff i guess. we had a take home test that was all about having to diagram sentences and there were rules and you had to take them apart and put them back together according to those rules. hardest test i've ever had in my life. took me somewhere around 20 hours or so to complete it. think i escaped w/ a b. maybe c. dunno. it's was a pretty messed up class. also, he was kind of weird. interesting guy/class though.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2011, 12:37:41 AM »
Yeah but did he murder you?  And what was your reaction when you first heard he was in hot water?  If your reaction was anything like mine when I was in sixth grade and heard that O.J. might have killed his ex, you hung a giant sign on your teacher's door that said CUT THE JUICE LOOSE because you loved him as Nordberg.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2011, 12:52:44 AM »
Yeah but did he murder you?  And what was your reaction when you first heard he was in hot water?  If your reaction was anything like mine when I was in sixth grade and heard that O.J. might have killed his ex, you hung a giant sign on your teacher's door that said CUT THE JUICE LOOSE because you loved him as Nordberg.

yeah. he did not murder me. my reaction was pretty much "hmmmm. yeah, i could see that." he killed her in douglas county and i was living in lawrence at the time so it was a pretty big deal.