Author Topic: Great news Cats fans: Science proves we are younger, richer and not bandwagon  (Read 216869 times)

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
KU alumni:

http://www.payscale.com/research/US/School=University_of_Kansas/Salary

Popular Cities     Salary Range

Lawrence, Kansas   $33,268 - $53,511
Chicago, Illinois   $48,063 - $79,544

K-State alumni:

http://www.payscale.com/research/US/School=Kansas_State_University_%28KSU%29/Salary

Popular Cities     Salary Range

Manhattan, Kansas   $35,634 - $61,107

1).  :lol: at how poor Lawrence is compared to Manhattan

2).  :lol: at high end of salary being $79,000 in Chicago

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
oregon state has an engineering school, oregon has a med school.

Oregon also has a law school.  Eugene vs. Corvallis is Lawrence vs. Manhattan.  It's the whole liberal arts vs. ag school thing.  Sorry, fats. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Florida, Missouri and Georgia are also "Ag" schools as well.

The College of Agriculture at K-State is only the fifth largest college within the University in terms of enrollment.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
we are the same school dumbass.

and guess what, people in oregon probably think you are a hayseed because you attended a school in kansas.

This is all incredibly true. No one in DC or NYC can tell the difference.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

limestone is arrogant regarding ku because he somehow believes his law school is better than ku's.

that's why he constantly jabs at ku. and guess what, people in oregon probably think you are a hayseed because you attended a school in kansas.

I'm just quoting science.  

"somehow"  :confused:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

and guess what, people in oregon probably think you are a hayseed because you attended a school in kansas.

Lots of East Coast folks get the 2 schools mixed up.  

ATM Machines at the 2008 Orange Bowl had the Powercat Logo on them.   NC State sold sold a crap ton of T-shirts at the bowl game a couple of years earlier with KU, that had Kansas State on them.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Not true at all.  People are more likely to confuse Kansas and Kentucky than they are to confuse Kansas with K-State.  I haven't seen one K-State fan since I've been up here, while I've met at least fifty KU fans in various settings.

Offline MeatSauce

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Oregon also has a law school.  Eugene vs. Corvallis is Lawrence vs. Manhattan.  It's the whole liberal arts vs. ag school thing.  Sorry, fats. 

Corvallis, Oregon was ranked #48 on the 100 best places in the USA to live and launch a business by Fortune Small Business 2008. This places Corvallis as the second best place in Oregon to launch a business. Portland, Oregon(#6)(grats Beems)  and Eugene, Oregon (#96) were also ranked in the top 100.

damn Beems...."way to dig yourself another hole"

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Not true at all.  People are more likely to confuse Kansas and Kentucky than they are to confuse Kansas with K-State.  I haven't seen one K-State fan since I've been up here, while I've met at least fifty KU fans in various settings.

Ah yes, the tried and true Tardville anecdote, "I haven't seen one K-State _____ since I moved ______"

About 51% of K-State alumni don't live in Kansas, there's a sanctioned Catbackers Club in Portland.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile

LOL

on a nearly everyday occurance, people ask me "are you a cat or a bird?" and this is from people in Oklahoma...you know, the state that borders Kansas to the south.  KSU and KU are interchangable in every way (from a national perspective).  

Just face it...you are us, and we are you (except we're richer/healthier)

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Ah yes, the tried and true Tardville anecdote, "I haven't seen one K-State _____ since I moved ______"

About 51% of K-State alumni don't live in Kansas, there's a sanctioned Catbackers Club in Portland.

You are literally insane if you think K-State has as much of a national following as KU. 

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Corvallis, Oregon was ranked #48 on the 100 best places in the USA to live and launch a business by Fortune Small Business 2008. This places Corvallis as the second best place in Oregon to launch a business. Portland, Oregon(#6)(grats Beems)  and Eugene, Oregon (#96) were also ranked in the top 100.

damn Beems...."way to dig yourself another hole"

:lol:

Damn, Beems is right again!

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

:lol:

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile

You are literally insane if you think K-State has as much of a national following as KU. 

We probably have more, actually.  Sort of like how our bank accounts have more money in them.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
hey everybody -

remember when you went through the "I'm not a hayseed!" inner-struggle?  But now we're all cool with the fact that we (ksu and ku) are hayseeds (ksu seeds are just a bit wealthier). 

Poor Ben is going through his denial right now....let's all be nice to him.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

That's not what I even implied, let alone said.   :facepalm:

But having lived on the East Coast for 16 years, I can say from experience that bandwagonville way overstates their "national" following.   The vast majority of sports fans out this way, if they even give a f_ck about either school, often get the 2 confused.   This "national following" talking point is just another huge quest for validation by Bandwagonville.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile

Most ku fans I know have the university mentally framed as a legend, and cannot understand why everyone else does not.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
There's delusional... and then there's K-State fans.  God bless. 

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile

Why are you being mean to us? :(
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile

speak up....can't hear you very well because i, as a k-stater, am making it rain on myself with my loads of extra cash.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

uberButtHurtElite . . . just tapped out and ran back to validation land.

Grats Beems   :thumbsup:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Did you guys know you get a Table 1 rating on your Life Ins just by disclosing you are from Riley County?

Being healthy is fantastic.  So is being rich.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
I know a bunch of rich lawyers whose salaries should be reflected under the KSU alumni section of Beems' chart.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
I know a bunch of rich lawyers whose salaries should be reflected under the KSU alumni section of Beems' chart.

I know several doctors who would definitely bump that up.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile

so to recap: 2 chicks per night.  2 million bucks in a trustfund.  no one has heard of and/or roots for K-State where he lives, yet the large national ku following is overwhelming the northwest.

BMW at his finest.