Author Topic: Soren Petro on Judge...  (Read 25876 times)

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
Re: Soren Petro on Judge...
« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2011, 03:30:38 PM »
If this is the case, Wally needs to get in the weight room yesterday.

Wally is as big as curt, JHR, Jamar, etc.

Getting bigger would be great, but don't act like he is a waif or some skinny kid.
quickness/agility and hands drills are needed
All true, but until about 10 games ago this was needed for JHR too.

Wally has been put in his place... and there would obviously need to be some reconciliation between the staff AND the team. But if Wally plays by rules and agrees to the path of reconciliation laid out by Frank, the team, the school, etc... and this is the place Wally wants to be, then by all means, let him back.

I certainly agree with Zacker however: If your going to let Wally comeback, I don't think you can even consider jettisoning anybody on the current team just to open up schollys without completely losing credibility with the players.

This probably means we'd just swap a guard for Jones at Seward and let Wally fill the final scholarship.

I think the tea leaves point to a guard leaving regardless.  Wally coming back just means no random three star prep or JUCO big.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2011, 03:32:00 PM »
IMO, people are tards if they think getting Wally back would be a bad thing, IMO.

I like how you used your book-ended that with IMO.  Very classy.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2011, 03:33:29 PM »
Wally coming back would ruin the JO show next year.

Offline gato montes

• Fan
  • Winner of the 2011 "Where is 'Clams" Contest
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2011, 03:40:09 PM »

2-5 with Wally, wins over Texas Tech and Baylor. 8-1 without Wally. Even though Wally has left us with only Curt, Jamar, and JO, we are still much better. If that isn't the definition of a team cancer, I don't know what is.

THIS.
Sorry Wally, but we've moved on.

It's sad if actually have actually convinced yourself of this. You do realize you're talking about a sophomore right?

Edit: Sorry, I forgot about that sophomore we had a couple years ago that we thought could turn it around. What was his name again...Pullen maybe? You're right good riddance  :bang:  eeeee
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 03:42:29 PM by gato montes »

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2011, 03:46:31 PM »

2-5 with Wally, wins over Texas Tech and Baylor. 8-1 without Wally. Even though Wally has left us with only Curt, Jamar, and JO, we are still much better. If that isn't the definition of a team cancer, I don't know what is.

THIS.

It's sad if actually have actually convinced yourself of this. You do realize you're talking about a sophomore right?

Edit: Sorry, I forgot about that sophomore we had a couple years ago that we thought could turn it around. What was his name again...Pullen maybe? You're right good riddance  :bang:  eeeee

Wow, I guess I forgot when Pullen used to be the worst scholarship player on the team, and I also forgot when Pullen decided he wasn't getting enough minutes, so he should just quit the team, leaving them with only 3 guards to finish out the season.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2011, 03:47:45 PM »
Would take, the pressure is off.  I think he would flourish in this offense the way that JO has if he takes the time to learn it.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2011, 03:51:22 PM »
I remember a 5* recruit finishing his Sophomore year who lost his way and was taken in and embraced by EMAW.  EMAW saved this young man's life.  I remember a firey point guard from Puerto Rico who was asked to leave by his hometown school and taken in by EMAW.  EMAW turned his life around.  Who would we be to turn our backs on one of our own if he wants a second chance with us?  What is EMAW if EMAW can't give Wally another shot?  I don't think I want any part of that EMAW. 

EMAW
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2011, 03:52:03 PM »
Would take, the pressure is off.  I think he would flourish in this offense the way that JO has if he takes the time to learn it.

His defense sucked, too.

Offline SuperG

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2011, 03:56:47 PM »

Nah... at this point The Dream would be like big bro. He'd take Wally in and show him the way of the new look Q@z.

Offline CatsFan_58

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2011, 03:58:59 PM »

THIS.
I just have a hard time believing one player is the sole reason when there are a million other factors like our offense finally working..jake playing better, shane starting, jhr playing better. Do you really think all those things happened cuz wally left the team??
Does a bear crap in the woods?

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2011, 03:59:36 PM »

THIS.

:flush: :flush: :flush:

Offline wELLsculptedbrows

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2011, 04:13:06 PM »
I'm torn, I love Wally and want to see him succeed and prefer it would be with the cats.  But, part of the new found winning ways is because Judge was a distraction and required more attention from Frank/staff in practice and took away from the rest of the team IMHO.  If he has his head screwed on right and can give all of his attention to the team it could be huge to get him back.

So insidery.

I hate Wally hate.

Offline CatsFan_58

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 07, 2011, 04:16:02 PM »

THIS.

Wow, I guess I forgot when Pullen used to be the worst scholarship player on the team, and I also forgot when Pullen decided he wasn't getting enough minutes, so he should just quit the team, leaving them with only 3 guards to finish out the season.
Thats great, Nuts Kicked. I'm right with you on this one.

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 07, 2011, 04:17:37 PM »
PoetWarrior + Wally = DoubleDoubles

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 07, 2011, 04:21:53 PM »
Would take.  E to the MAW.   :kstatriot:
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 07, 2011, 04:22:22 PM »

JO is independent of wally.  If nothing else, having another big body in practice to work around will help JO develop faster.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 07, 2011, 04:28:06 PM »
Hey, if Wally comes back we will have the opportunity for the high comedy of the a JO - Wally hand off 28 feet from the basket in the new offense.

That being said, the possibility of a JO - Diaz handoff is has the potential to create a new dimension of  :lol:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 07, 2011, 04:29:53 PM »
Hey, if Wally comes back we will have the opportunity for the high comedy of the a JO - Wally hand off 28 feet from the basket in the new offense.

That being said, the possibility of a JO - Diaz handoff is has the potential to create a new dimension of  :lol:

My next year, JO will be driving around fools from 28' out.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 07, 2011, 04:30:27 PM »

He can go 28' with just one dribble.

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 07, 2011, 04:31:59 PM »

He can go 28' with just one dribble.

Dunking on bitches  :emawkid:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 07, 2011, 04:37:45 PM »
I would tell Wally we won't make a decision right now but if you:

A.  Send even one single more tweet about ANY girl, RUTGERS;
B.  If you distract any of our players going fwd to the Big 12 torunament or the dance, RUTGERS;
C.  If you say anything negative in the press about the school/coaches/your experience, RUTGERS;
D.  If you get in ANY trouble with the law or academically, RUTGERS.

Also, it wouldn't hurt if you call everyone at DCA and tell them it wasn't the Cats, it was you and that everyone should get back on board with EMAW.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 07, 2011, 04:40:24 PM »

B.  If you distract any of our players going fwd to the Big 12 torunament or the dance, RUTGERS;
C.  If you say anything negative in the press about the school/coaches/your experience, RUTGERS;

Also, it wouldn't hurt if you call everyone at DCA and tell them it wasn't the Cats, it was you and that everyone should get back on board with EMAW.

We def need to do more to patch up the DCA rift.  Whether that be cash, or pointing the finger of blame at them for wally.  what ever it needs to be, it would be nice if it happened.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #97 on: March 07, 2011, 04:40:45 PM »

I think you could sum it up by saying he needs to grow up and start taking some accountability for his actions, stop letting women get into his head, and get on board with what we're trying to do here, then that would pretty much take care of it because if he doesn't he won't have success anywhere else he goes.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 07, 2011, 04:43:04 PM »
Frank:  Wally, you can let women screw up the rest of your life.  But give me two more years before that.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 07, 2011, 04:47:51 PM »
Winners Never Quit & Quitters Never Win