Author Topic: Soren Petro on Judge...  (Read 25877 times)

catzacker

Re: Soren Petro on Judge...
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2011, 02:02:47 PM »
I don't believe, however, I only want if nick can stay too.  

don't get you

in this new, wonderful underwoffense (<---copyrighted), guards are more important, specifically guards that can score/shoot.  nick is one of those.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2011, 02:05:21 PM »
No. If Frank refuses to release him, he doesn't have a scholarship, but has to go to JUCO for a year before going to another school. If he's released, he can go to another school and be on scholarship, but he has still has to sit out a year unless he gets an exemption from the NCAA.

i can't tell if this is serious or not.
"a garden city man wondered in april if the theologians had not made a mistake in locating the garden of eden in asia rather than in the arkansas river valley."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2011, 02:07:22 PM »
No. If Frank refuses to release him, he doesn't have a scholarship, but has to go to JUCO for a year before going to another school. If he's released, he can go to another school and be on scholarship, but he has still has to sit out a year unless he gets an exemption from the NCAA.

:confused:

Offline ben_dover919

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2011, 02:09:12 PM »
I can't help that I love Wally, BUT...I can't help but notice the run the Q@ts have been on since he left hang out with that slut full-time.

He let the team down, let the fans down, and let me down from my exaggerated hopes based solely on adorableness.  
   I don't really buy the whole wally left so we got better theory...i think it was more just a coincedence with the team finally understanding the offense and our schedule helped out alot too. Grienke quit the royals for bit and that work out well!!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2011, 02:11:55 PM »

I thought the same thing as _FAN, but I can't recall a kid quitting and not leaving immediately.  Wally's still here.  Is he still going to class? 

Maybe threatening to come back is Wally's leverage to get a release.  But, like I said, I'm not an expert on the rules.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2011, 02:12:25 PM »

:confused:

you don't have to go to a juco if you aren't released.  it's not uncommon to do so, since they can't accept athletic aid at an ncaa school for a year, but it isn't mandatory.

it makes sense for unreleased freshmen transfers.  not sure it would for older students.
"a garden city man wondered in april if the theologians had not made a mistake in locating the garden of eden in asia rather than in the arkansas river valley."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2011, 02:14:15 PM »
you don't have to go to a juco if you aren't released.  it's not uncommon to do so, since they can't accept athletic aid at an ncaa school for a year, but it isn't mandatory.

it makes sense for unreleased freshmen transfers.  not sure it would for older students.

Yeah, I was making the assumption to go to JUCO since you can't get aid. I didn't explain it there, but I know that's a possibility. There aren't many that do that though, but there also aren't many that aren't released anymore.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2011, 02:16:40 PM »
I can't help that I love Wally, BUT...I can't help but notice the run the Q@ts have been on since he left hang out with that slut full-time.

He let the team down, let the fans down, and let me down from my exaggerated hopes based solely on adorableness.  
   I don't really buy the whole wally left so we got better theory...i think it was more just a coincedence with the team finally understanding the offense and our schedule helped out alot too. Grienke quit the royals for bit and that work out well!!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

2-5 with Wally, wins over Texas Tech and Baylor. 8-1 without Wally. Even though Wally has left us with only Curt, Jamar, and JO, we are still much better. If that isn't the definition of a team cancer, I don't know what is.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2011, 02:16:49 PM »
Condition #1: Dump that bitch

Condition #2: Dump her hard.

he was just tweeting about her a couple hours back.  seem to be reconciled.

I know... :cry:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2011, 02:17:10 PM »
I thought the same thing as _FAN, but I can't recall a kid quitting and not leaving immediately.  Wally's still here.  Is he still going to class?

you don't recall them hanging around because they transfer after the season is over (they finish the semester, but no one cares to report/discuss it), or after the fall semester.  in which case they leave immediately to start at their new school.

it's very unusual for players to quit in the middle of a season, other than 1st semester transfers.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2011, 02:17:26 PM »

don't get you

in this new, wonderful underwoffense (<---copyrighted), guards are more important, specifically guards that can score/shoot.  nick is one of those.

Our team is mostly guards at this point.  

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2011, 02:18:18 PM »
there also aren't many that aren't released anymore.

yes.  this is all hypothetical.  judge will be released whenever he asks for a release.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2011, 02:19:03 PM »
I know... :cry:

i don't think she's the devil.  seems to make him happy.

catzacker

« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2011, 02:32:16 PM »

don't get you

Our team is mostly guards at this point.  

aside from nick*, guards that can't really score/create.  i don't consider mcgruds a guard.

*and 95
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 02:39:37 PM by catzacker »

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2011, 02:38:29 PM »
would take back just for the knee highs
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2011, 02:40:12 PM »

2-5 with Wally, wins over Texas Tech and Baylor. 8-1 without Wally. Even though Wally has left us with only Curt, Jamar, and JO, we are still much better. If that isn't the definition of a team cancer, I don't know what is.

THIS.
Sorry Wally, but we've moved on.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2011, 02:42:25 PM »
If this is the case, Wally needs to get in the weight room yesterday.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2011, 02:43:49 PM »

Wally is as big as curt, JHR, Jamar, etc.

Getting bigger would be great, but don't act like he is a waif or some skinny kid.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2011, 02:46:14 PM »

Getting bigger would be great, but don't act like he is a waif or some skinny kid.
quickness/agility and hands drills are needed
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ben_dover919

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2011, 02:50:34 PM »

THIS.
I just have a hard time believing one player is the sole reason when there are a million other factors like our offense finally working..jake playing better, shane starting, jhr playing better. Do you really think all those things happened cuz wally left the team??

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2011, 02:53:47 PM »

THIS.
I just have a hard time believing one player is the sole reason when there are a million other factors like our offense finally working..jake playing better, shane starting, jhr playing better. Do you really think all those things happened cuz wally left the team??

Maybe Wally couldn't "get" the new offense. And people like Shane and JHR did.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2011, 02:54:58 PM »
I'd rather have Wally than some JUCO big.

If he wants to come back and he gives full effort, good.

If he comes back and spends extremely long stretches on the bench because he's in Frank's doghouse, just give his scholarship to 95 or VO.

Offline SuperG

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2011, 02:55:18 PM »

quickness/agility and hands drills are needed
All true, but until about 10 games ago this was needed for JHR too.

Wally has been put in his place... and there would obviously need to be some reconciliation between the staff AND the team. But if Wally plays by rules and agrees to the path of reconciliation laid out by Frank, the team, the school, etc... and this is the place Wally wants to be, then by all means, let him back.

I certainly agree with Zacker however: If your going to let Wally comeback, I don't think you can even consider jettisoning anybody on the current team just to open up schollys without completely losing credibility with the players.

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2011, 03:24:23 PM »
I'm torn, I love Wally and want to see him succeed and prefer it would be with the cats.  But, part of the new found winning ways is because Judge was a distraction and required more attention from Frank/staff in practice and took away from the rest of the team IMHO.  If he has his head screwed on right and can give all of his attention to the team it could be huge to get him back.

Offline prome05

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 07, 2011, 03:27:53 PM »
IMO, people are tards if they think getting Wally back would be a bad thing, IMO.