Author Topic: Bob Davis OMG  (Read 13274 times)

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Bob Davis OMG
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2011, 01:33:19 PM »
"They're all out to get us!" :runaway:

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2011, 02:08:34 PM »
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=172&f=2481&t=7272083

I like this one:
"Officiating made this basketball game unwatchable. I'm all for the big east style of officiating where there's more contact and less pussification, it makes the game more fluid and less of a stand around and wait contest between commercial breaks. It's almost like the big twelve is making efforts to kill the sport of basketball."

What this fan means is that when the thug element of the squawks commits assaults on opposing players, they shouldn't be called as fouls, but fouls against squawks should be called aggressively.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2011, 02:09:32 PM »
Top it off with the "no respect"  "no coverage" thread and you've got yourself a great Triple Egg Omelet for the day.

:lol:

The would have all killed themselves had they gotten some of the officiating we've had this year.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2011, 02:27:45 PM »
Mizzou gets more favorable calls at home than any other team in the Big 12.  It's a fact.

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2011, 02:29:22 PM »
Mizzou gets more favorable calls at home than any other team in the Big 12.  It's a fact.

Go ahead and give us that link that proves that as fact.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2011, 02:30:31 PM »

They won one Big 12 road game all season (Iowa State) and lost one home game all season (KU). 

Offline theymightbegiants

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2011, 02:30:57 PM »
Mizzou gets more favorable calls at home than any other team in the Big 12.  It's a fact.
Ever watched a KU home game? Or away game.
"I feel safe in white because, deep down inside, I'm an angel"-Puff Daddy

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2011, 02:31:45 PM »

They won one Big 12 road game all season (Iowa State) and lost one home game all season (KU). 

And this proves that they get more favorable calls than any other team in the league how?

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2011, 02:51:38 PM »

And this proves that they get more favorable calls than any other team in the league how?

Its a ben-ballpark fact.  Just go with it.

'grats

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2011, 02:53:54 PM »

Let's see... 1-7 in Big 12 road games (14%) vs. 21-1 at home (95%).  Mizzou shoots an average of 23.4 free throws at home compared to 18.5 on the road.  I'd say that's more than just a coincidence.  

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2011, 02:54:44 PM »

Don't Jedi Mind Trick this rough ridin' thread Beams. Not what it's about.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2011, 02:59:00 PM »

Mizzou shoots an average of 23.4 free throws at home compared to 18.5 on the road.  I'd say that's more than just a coincidence. 
To complete your argument, post the rest of the conference teams splits.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2011, 04:16:38 PM »
Bob is the single reason that every KU fan thinks that big 12 refs are out to get them and that they win the league every year in spite of the refs.

and then wonder why they lose to UNI in the second round

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2011, 05:21:51 PM »
Let's see... 1-7 in Big 12 road games (14%) vs. 21-1 at home (95%).  Mizzou shoots an average of 23.4 free throws at home compared to 18.5 on the road.  I'd say that's more than just a coincidence.  

I'm really looking forward to your _fan esc breakdown of how each team fares home vs road in fouls called, free throws, etc. 

TIA!!!

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2011, 05:38:30 PM »
Amazing... Not ONE bad call when MU was called for a foul and not ONE bad no call against MU. NOT ONE!  THat's all I need to know. MU gets the homecooking and ku gets mumped by the refs. Thank you phog.morons for educating all of us.
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2011, 05:40:10 PM »
Not gonna do the whole conference but here is the fouls/game for KU and Mizzou. (Hopefully I'm reading it right.)

KU (Home) 17.1 (Away) 18.8 (Opponents) 18.9
Mizzou (Home) 19.1. (Away) 21.9.  (Opponents) 19.2

So, Mizzou gets 0.1 less foul called on them at home than their opponents, while KU gets 1.8 less fouls called.  Is that right? 

http://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/team-stat/opponent-fouls-category

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2011, 06:32:15 PM »
It was a horrible call, but I will never defend Bob Davis. Listening to him call a game is impossible if you don't know every KU player on a first name basis and you don't want to constant bitching about the refs calling fouls on KU.

This. I will say that listening to Bob Davis while KU is getting crushed in football is a very enjoyable experience, though. I found myself listening to almost the entire Southern Miss/KU game this past football season while I was driving just because of how hilariously deflated Bob Davis sounded the entire game.

This!!! Listening to bob do the second half of the 59-7  was the best radio i have heard in a couple of years. Really wish i could have listened to the 84-68 to hear how bob was taking it!!

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2011, 06:51:54 PM »
Looked to me like the ball was still up for grabs, but I can see why the ref called it like he did. 

Congrats beams, you may have a future as a hocker announcer.

Listened to the KU/MU game on the way to Manhattan yesterday (mistakenly thought our game started at 2:30). Told friends it would sound like that if K-State mic'ed me up for a game except they would be more swearing.
Totally, unprofessional and embarrassing.

I remember a play almost exactly like that last year involving Clemente. Might have been our home game against KU. Anyone remember?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2011, 07:11:53 PM »
Anyone know of a website that archives these?  I remember something from a KU-OU basketball game in Alan's Field House in about 2004 that will knock your gd socks off.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2011, 12:07:55 PM »
Looked to me like the ball was still up for grabs, but I can see why the ref called it like he did. 

Congrats beams, you may have a future as a hocker announcer.

Listened to the KU/MU game on the way to Manhattan yesterday (mistakenly thought our game started at 2:30). Told friends it would sound like that if K-State mic'ed me up for a game except they would be more swearing.
Totally, unprofessional and embarrassing.

I remember a play almost exactly like that last year involving Clemente. Might have been our home game against KU. Anyone remember?

so did you make the game?

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2011, 12:10:54 PM »
Was only going to watch it at Rock A Belly with my townie bro. Watched the second half there.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2011, 12:33:32 PM »
I thought the Chiefs radio guy was the bigest homer I've ever heard (not Lenny but the other guy), but he was actually okay when Oakland pounded them in the ass for the second time the past season.

Offline bradleigh

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2011, 12:34:55 PM »
Really wish i could have listened to the 84-68 to hear how bob was taking it!!

If they put that on the commemorative DVD, I would buy it for sure.
2/8/11 - Never Forget

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2011, 01:01:25 PM »

I'm really looking forward to your _fan esc breakdown of how each team fares home vs road in fouls called, free throws, etc.  

TIA!!!

You forced my hand, I had to find out for myself. Using FT rates of course, though you could use total fouls, FT attempts, but I think the numbers would be similar.  My thought is FTR compared to opponents FTRs should take into account teams that are good or bad at drawing fouls or fouling themselves, etc.  I simply took the average FT rates for all the Big 12 teams and their opponents FT rates for Big 12 home games and road games.

And no, at least for this year, Missouri doesn't get the best advantage with FTs at home. Not even close.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 07, 2011, 01:15:13 PM »
rough ridin' okie state