Author Topic: Bob Davis OMG  (Read 13271 times)

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
Re: Bob Davis OMG
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2011, 11:52:58 PM »
BITB

Always wondered what this meant. Bang in the butt?
:lol:

Best in the business.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2011, 12:16:44 AM »
The Moron twins got another T?  It's like one per game with those thugs.

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2011, 12:21:30 AM »
Just saw it at live speed. Awful call.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2011, 12:22:12 AM »
OH MY GOODNESS!!
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Testy Westy

• Katpak'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2011, 12:30:10 AM »
i've never heard a radio team that complains so much about the refs. i did not see the call in question in this clip but they complain constantly anyways.

how many radio broadcasts do you listen to?  jfc, get a life...or a tv

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2011, 01:31:16 AM »
Bad call.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2011, 01:40:03 AM »
questionable call by ref. insanely hilarious call by ku radio guy.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2011, 02:01:30 AM »
Bob is the single reason that every KU fan thinks that big 12 refs are out to get them and that they win the league every year in spite of the refs.
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Andy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2011, 02:08:52 AM »
It was definitely a foul, but I don't think it should have been an intentional.  Morris was clearly going after the loose ball. 

I listened to quite a bit of the KU game on the radio today.  Was it just me, or were Piper and Bob both bitching about the officiating non-stop. 

If I were a KU homer, I would LOVE that Bob and Piper broadcast.  However, it's probably THE most homered broadcast in America...they say "We" all the time when referring to the game, etc.  I rough ridin' love it if I am a KU fan listening, but it's amazingly annoying to everyone else.

this

completely unlistenable for a non kansas fan.  i only turn it on to catch scores anymore (which they are really bad at giving on any timely basis) then turn it back off.

Offline CatsFan_58

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2011, 02:10:13 AM »
i love bob davis in the spring and summer. we are on the same side then.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2011, 02:12:02 AM »
It was a horrible call, but I will never defend Bob Davis. Listening to him call a game is impossible if you don't know every KU player on a first name basis and you don't want to constant bitching about the refs calling fouls on KU.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2011, 02:45:07 AM »
It was definitely a foul, but I don't think it should have been an intentional.  Morris was clearly going after the loose ball. 

Break-away Rule (Intentional Foul) - a player shall not intentionally prevent nor foul an opponent that has a clear path to the basket. A break-away is defined as a clear path to the basket where no defender/opponent is between the offensive player and the basket, nor has the chance to catch up to the offensive player.

Looked to me like the ball was still up for grabs, but I can see why the ref called it like he did.  

Quit being so rough ridin' reasonable, will ya?

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2011, 08:08:05 AM »
Bob Davis has time to call games?  I always thought he was too busy officiating to do that.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2011, 08:18:29 AM »
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH   THEY'REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE  GOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA  CALL IT ON KUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 08:26:33 AM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline massofcatfan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2011, 09:01:56 AM »
It was a horrible call, but I will never defend Bob Davis. Listening to him call a game is impossible if you don't know every KU player and coach on a first name basis and you don't want to constant bitching about the refs calling fouls on KU.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 09:04:38 AM by bry4321 »
I want to wake up in a city that never sleeps, etc.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2011, 09:32:26 AM »
Morris was clearly going after the loose ball. 
If by "loose ball" you mean "hand", then I totally agree.

This is the same as the technical called on JHR earlier this year for making a play for the ball while his hand was on the rim.  By the letter of the law it was the right call (which is exactly why KU fans should be embarrassed by Bob Davis), but the foul had virtually no impact, so it's hard to justify giving them 2 FTs and the ball back.

I have a really hard time getting all bent out of shape either way on calls like that.  :blank:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2011, 10:35:49 AM »
It was a horrible call, but I will never defend Bob Davis. Listening to him call a game is impossible if you don't know every KU player on a first name basis and you don't want to constant bitching about the refs calling fouls on KU.

This. I will say that listening to Bob Davis while KU is getting crushed in football is a very enjoyable experience, though. I found myself listening to almost the entire Southern Miss/KU game this past football season while I was driving just because of how hilariously deflated Bob Davis sounded the entire game.

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2011, 10:40:00 AM »
Bob is best for fball when the belly aching still manages to supercede the sh1tty team on the field.

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2011, 10:51:32 AM »
i love bob davis in the spring and summer. we are on the same side then.

my hatred only increases during those times.  :curse:

it's bad enough watching the royals as it is.. he only reinforces our AAAA status.

"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2011, 11:16:37 AM »
My gawd could you imagine the Bob Davis meltdown if a ku player had been called for a CK @ CU "elbow" Foul??

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2011, 11:47:42 AM »
WHAT IN THE WORLD?????!!!????????
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2011, 01:10:07 PM »
The best is listening to Bob call football games in which KU has no chance.  Like after the NDSU game, they ran back the sound byte from the play of KU's first and only points (some boring field goal from, like, the first quarter or something).  A very uninspired call, boring, etc.  After the clip finishes, Bob says very defeatedly, "...............aaaaand, I guess we'll make that our Sonic drive-in play of the game............"
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 03:07:29 PM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2011, 01:23:08 PM »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2011, 01:29:13 PM »
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=172&f=2481&t=7272083

The 5 on 8 thread is much better.  Gives this gem.

It's awfully conspiratorial of me to have this attitude, but, I can't bring myself to believe that national media, especially CBS, doesn't play to KU's real national value (in their minds). What is that value ? Their eastern audiences love to see KU get beat - that simple. They don't like us blowing out teams for that reason, so, it's not hard to convince me they bias the whistles.