Author Topic: Wow, I would have never expected this kind of response from Jason King . . .  (Read 6960 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
after all he didn't set the T-Ball stand to regulation height in a couple of articles he wrote about ku for the Star . . . and golly he actually helped the other 2 guys spell a couple of words and restructure a sentence in that article they (mainly Robinson and Wetzel) wrote for yahoo sports about ku's ticket scandal. 

This currently has Tardville rubbing one out for the 4th or 5th time today. 

From Jason King mailbag:

Email:

Nice to see you’re still a homer for Kansas, Jason. Marcus Morris is a terrible interior defender, a head-case and an average scorer. He had some great games, but didn’t exactly carry his team night in and night out. Anyone but Jacob Pullen for Big 12 Player of the Year is a laugh. He’s actually the Big 12’s leading scorer on conference games. He’s also the best defender in the conference and he isn’t surrounded by first-round talent. No-brainer.

Brian Moore
Shawnee, Kan.

Response:

I received a bunch of e-mails on this one, so I’ll give a lengthy answer just to make sure everyone understands where I was coming from. The award isn’t called Big 12 Player of the Last Three Weeks. It’s called Big 12 Player of the Year. As well as Pullen has been playing lately, it’d be irresponsible to forget about the first half of the season, when Kansas State was generally regarded as one of the biggest disappointments in all of college basketball. Analysts ranked the Wildcats No. 3 in the preseason poll mainly because of Pullen and the guidance he would supposedly bring to a squad that lost its emotional leader in Denis Clemente. Initially, Pullen failed. He missed 11 of his 12 shots in a 14-point loss to Duke and was on the court for his team’s embarrassing 44-point performance in a setback against Florida. Three days later, Pullen and Curtis Kelly were suspended for accepting impermissible benefits from a Manhattan clothing store. The suspensions led to a loss against UNLV that will eventually hurt the Wildcats’ NCAA tournament seeding. Pullen returned and not much changed, as Kansas State lost four of its first five Big 12 games. Instead of rallying his teammates, he pouted and said he’d refuse to play in the NIT if Kansas State failed to get to the NCAA tournament. It was a terrible look for Pullen and the Wildcats, who later had two players quit the team. I’m not blaming all of Kansas State’s early season troubles on Pullen, but as a senior captain, he should shoulder some of the responsibility. And just because he’s playing well now doesn’t mean we should ignore or forget about what happened in November, December and January – especially when you’re comparing him to the best player on a 28-2 team that just wrapped up its seventh straight conference title. Morris is a future first-round draft pick who Kansas’ Bill Self has labeled as the most versatile player he’s ever coached. Has he played better than Pullen during the last month? Absolutely not. But he’s had a better season that’s been free of selfish quotes and suspensions. And he hasn’t cost his team any games. From start to finish, Morris has been the best all-around player in the league. I’d love to see what kind of stats he could put up on a less-balanced team where he had the freedom to take 20 shots a game. Something, though, tells me Morris would prefer 28 wins and a conference championship to that kind of situation any day.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
after all he didn't set the T-Ball stand to regulation height in a couple of articles he wrote about ku for the Star . . . and golly he actually helped the other 2 guys spell a couple of words and restructure a sentence in that article they (mainly Robinson and Wetzel) wrote for yahoo sports about ku's ticket scandal. 

From Jason King mailbag:

Email:

Nice to see you’re still a homer for Kansas, Jason. Marcus Morris is a terrible interior defender, a head-case and an average scorer. He had some great games, but didn’t exactly carry his team night in and night out. Anyone but Jacob Pullen for Big 12 Player of the Year is a laugh. He’s actually the Big 12’s leading scorer on conference games. He’s also the best defender in the conference and he isn’t surrounded by first-round talent. No-brainer.

Brian Moore
Shawnee, Kan.

Response:

I received a bunch of e-mails on this one, so I’ll give a lengthy answer just to make sure everyone understands where I was coming from. The award isn’t called Big 12 Player of the Last Three Weeks. It’s called Big 12 Player of the Year. As well as Pullen has been playing lately, it’d be irresponsible to forget about the first half of the season, when Kansas State was generally regarded as one of the biggest disappointments in all of college basketball. Analysts ranked the Wildcats No. 3 in the preseason poll mainly because of Pullen and the guidance he would supposedly bring to a squad that lost its emotional leader in Denis Clemente. Initially, Pullen failed. He missed 11 of his 12 shots in a 14-point loss to Duke and was on the court for his team’s embarrassing 44-point performance in a setback against Florida. Three days later, Pullen and Curtis Kelly were suspended for accepting impermissible benefits from a Manhattan clothing store. The suspensions led to a loss against UNLV that will eventually hurt the Wildcats’ NCAA tournament seeding. Pullen returned and not much changed, as Kansas State lost four of its first five Big 12 games. Instead of rallying his teammates, he pouted and said he’d refuse to play in the NIT if Kansas State failed to get to the NCAA tournament. It was a terrible look for Pullen and the Wildcats, who later had two players quit the team. I’m not blaming all of Kansas State’s early season troubles on Pullen, but as a senior captain, he should shoulder some of the responsibility. And just because he’s playing well now doesn’t mean we should ignore or forget about what happened in November, December and January – especially when you’re comparing him to the best player on a 28-2 team that just wrapped up its seventh straight conference title. Morris is a future first-round draft pick who Kansas’ Bill Self has labeled as the most versatile player he’s ever coached. Has he played better than Pullen during the last month? Absolutely not. But he’s had a better season that’s been free of selfish quotes and suspensions. And he hasn’t cost his team any games. From start to finish, Morris has been the best all-around player in the league. I’d love to see what kind of stats he could put up on a less-balanced team where he had the freedom to take 20 shots a game. Something, though, tells me Morris would prefer 28 wins and a conference championship to that kind of situation any day.

Something tells me Morris would prefer to sit on a couch and watch Baby Einstein videos while eating a snack pack because that's about the extent of his intellectual abilities.

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
He can go eat the world's largest bag of dicks

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
I hate people like Brian. no offense.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline TheMadCatter

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
We in fact should ignore November and December seeing as those months are not factored into the award.

But yeah, I hate the 'Brians' of the world too.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I hate people like Brian. no offense.

I do as well, but you can almost see King, the typical butt hurt ku fan enraged while pounding out that response on his keyboard.

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Guys it's obvious that Jake has character issues despite being the conference's leading scorer and defender. It should instead go to the upstanding citizen Mc.Morris.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
Jason is also a butthurt Baylor fan.
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Guys it's obvious that Jake has character issues despite being the conference's leading scorer and defender. It should instead go to the upstanding citizen Mc.Morris.
:lol:

Offline KSUTOMMY

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
When it comes to elbows being thrown, my vote (if I had one) goes to the Mongoloid.
We are K-State and we love to hire SHlTTY coaches.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Did he write that himself, or did he just cut and paste from phog?

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
I hate it when people argue that Jake shouldn't be POY because this isn't the Player of the Last 3 weeks award. Do people forget he leads the conference in scoring? That includes all conference games, not just the last 3.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Yeah, if we had Curt for CU and OSU and had won those games, no one would be making this argument about Jake.

Offline Bill Clarahan

• agricultural related person
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

From Jason King mailbag:

Email:

Brian Moore
Shawnee, Kan.

Response:

Something tells me Morris would prefer to sit on a couch and watch Baby Einstein videos while eating a snack pack because that's about the extent of his intellectual abilities.

I think the Baby Einstein videos are well above the Morris twins heads

This video might be more suitable for them

catzacker

re: marcus has been better since the beginning of the season...monthly ppg averages below:

MM     JP
NOV   19     16
DEC   11.7   17.5
JAN   18.4   20.2
FEB   18.2   23.4

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
re: marcus has been better since the beginning of the season...monthly ppg averages below:

MM     JP
NOV   19     16
DEC   11.7   17.5
JAN   18.4   20.2
FEB   18.2   23.4

But ku has all that talent surrounding Moron, that is understates his true abilities because all those Eagle Scouts/All Americans score points that Moron could score.  Or something like that.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I hate it when people argue that Jake shouldn't be POY because this isn't the Player of the Last 3 weeks award. Do people forget he leads the conference in scoring? That includes all conference games, not just the last 3.

Three weeks encompasses six Big 12 games which is 37.5% of the season.

And it's not just the last three weeks.  He's been killing it since the start of the conference season, statistically.

Jake is being penalized because a young team took a long time to gel, and a couple of bad apples needed to fall from the tree before we got to that three week stretch.

Jason King was lazy at the Star, he's lazy at Yahoo!, and he's nothing more than a KU/Baylor fanboy.

Pullen is the Big 12's best player, he's the POY, and if he doesn't get it and Morris does, it's a joke.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Also, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the Big 12 coaches are going to vote for Pullen because I highly doubt that there's another player (save Burks) that they'd rather NOT face game in and game out.

Morris would be half as effective if he didn't have Morris the Sequel and Thomas Robinson on the other side of the blocks.

Pullen has Irving, Doc, Southwell, and Canada.

I rest my case.

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
If they made Pullen and McThug co-players of the year does KU get to claim winning it outright like their conference titles?

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
King with the TKO!!!!

:bracketmouse:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
You could cut the rage about the mention of Pullen as POY in Tardville into blocks and sell it at the U Mad? Store.

Beyond livid at the thought of Big Brother's Star Player getting Big 12 POY.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 02:40:03 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
You could cut the rage about the mention of Pullen as POY in Tardville into blocks and sell it at the U Mad? Store.

Beyond livid at the thought of Big Brothers Star Player getting Big 12 POY.

Hey, look, everyone... 'Pad finally discovered reverse psychology!!!

:thumbsup:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Yeah Beems . . . why are so many low self esteem ku fans literally running all over the Internet to argue against Pullen as POY and Validate their own, what's up with that?

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
:lol:

is it too late to buy stock in preparation H or do you think it's value has peaked?