Author Topic: Wow, I would have never expected this kind of response from Jason King . . .  (Read 6963 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Also, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the Big 12 coaches are going to vote for Pullen because I highly doubt that there's another player (save Burks) that they'd rather NOT face game in and game out.

Morris would be half as effective if he didn't have Morris the Sequel and Thomas Robinson on the other side of the blocks.

Pullen has Irving, Doc, Southwell, and Canada.

I rest my case.

McMorris is the cheapest player in the league.  Coaches don't vote for an inferior player who is also an embarassment on the court.  

Jake has got this thing locked up.  I doubt it is close.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
Is Burks still mentioned in this discussion?  The other POY candidate I've heard mentioned has crap the bed (Hamilton).

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
We in fact should ignore November and December seeing as those months are not factored into the award.

But yeah, I hate the 'Brians' of the world too.

You are the only one that brought this up.  Is the Big XII POY based on Big XII games only?  Jason's argument was almost completely focused on OOC games.  I'm confused.

If it includes OOC games, then yeah.  Jake got schooled by a healthy Kyrie Irving and missed 3 games because the manager at Dillard's is a dick.  He also admitted that he was completely focused on showing that he could be a pure PG and was only concerned with his assists stat line.  But if it's just the Big XII games...

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
Is Burks still mentioned in this discussion?  The other POY candidate I've heard mentioned has cac the bed (Hamilton).

I think the only other player you could legitimately build a case for is Burks.

I mean, really, that guy, pretty much by himself,  has them on the bubble.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
tards giving a crap if Jake is the CPOY or not are just as Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) as beems and his crew.

WGAF

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
squak

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
tards giving a crap if Jake is the CPOY or not are just as Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) as beems and his crew.

WGAF

It's college sports.  That's what this is about.  That's the measuring stick.  #WINNING #BANNERS

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
When the player you want to win the award can't be backed up by stats...you have to make up non-tangible evidence to support your case.  Same thing happened to Beasley.  Hansbourogh "played harder".  There is no stat for that, but somehow it became accepted (playing for UNC didn't hurt either).

Here, we have the slow start to the year, the suspension, yet somehow even when the stats over the course of the ENTIRE YEAR and the stats from step up games against top level competition support Pullen....he's not good enough because of non quantifiable "pouting" and "lack of leadership".  Whatever.  Pullen dealt with those adversities.  He kicked adversity square in the nuts and told it to get the eff out of his face.  Morris would give adversity an elbow to the head and then adversity would eject him from the game.

But, whatever you want to think Jason.....you go right on and keep butt hurtin'.

:kstatriot:

Offline KSUBrian

• Combo-Fan
  • Weird Robert is #1
    • View Profile
Analysts ranked the Wildcats No. 3 in the preseason poll mainly because of Pullen and the guidance he would supposedly bring to a squad that lost its emotional leader in Denis Clemente.

And here I thought it was mainly due to the back court rotation (CK, JamSam, Wally & Freddy) being considered one of the best in the NCAA.  I guess we can see how that turned out.

Offline Lemonrock

• Fan
    • View Profile
Analysts ranked the Wildcats No. 3 in the preseason poll mainly because of Pullen and the guidance he would supposedly bring to a squad that lost its emotional leader in Denis Clemente.

And here I thought it was mainly due to the back court rotation (CK, JamSam, Wally & Freddy) being considered one of the best in the NCAA.  I guess we can see how that turned out.
And joker king get BOOM ROASTED w/ that.

king is a LOSER and complete ASSHAT
S.outhern ignorance +
E.astern arrogance =
C.onfernce hatred

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Show me a reporter that isn't lazy

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Being a reporter would be awesome.  Half this board puts more time and effort into covering the Cats than any of our beat writers.  Hell, if we got press credentials for _Fan, Sys, and UD we would have far more information available for the average fans.  (Can you imagine the insidery recruiting info we'd get?!)

Online 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Being a reporter would be awesome.  Half this board puts more time and effort into covering the Cats than any of our beat writers.  Hell, if we got press credentials for _Fan, Sys, and UD we would have far more information available for the average fans.  (Can you imagine the insidery recruiting info we'd get?!)
:facepalm:

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

McMorris is the cheapest player in the league.

Doug Compton disagrees.  :peek:
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
06wildcat?  Guess I shouldn't be surprised that Kellis wouldn't use his real name.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile

McMorris is the cheapest player in the league.

Doug Compton disagrees.  :peek:
I thought he boarderd her in the servants quarters.  Guess not.  Doug Compton is a class act, we are really behind the curve for not having our own Doug Compton to supplant the AD budget and be an untraceable payoff machine. 

Offline Mels Fish Bowl

• Fan
    • View Profile
Manhattan Tradition Since 1951

Online 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
06wildcat?  Guess I shouldn't be surprised that Kellis wouldn't use his real name.

You really are a crap poster aren't you. Media credentials aren't some magical source of information. I'm sure that goEMAW.com could make a credential request that would probably be granted however, or there would be minimal steps involved to getting credentialed. It's not exactly some mythical status only bestowed upon the chosen.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
You mad, Kellis?

Online 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile