Author Topic: Message board wisdom from Lawrence  (Read 8924 times)

Offline canadian_breeze

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Message board wisdom from Lawrence
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2011, 04:36:44 PM »
the uni game was a part of the greatest double header I have ever seen or will see

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2011, 04:38:28 PM »
They won 30 games and the MVC, which is pretty effing good.  I don't think it's even debatable whether KU had the hardest region last year, with teams like Michigan State and Tennessee both making the Elite Eight. 

Weird, two teams from your regional made the Elite Eight!!!!   :runaway:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2011, 04:40:25 PM »
They won 30 games and the MVC, which is pretty effing good.  I don't think it's even debatable whether KU had the hardest region last year, with teams like Michigan State and Tennessee both making the Elite Eight. 

Weird, two teams from your regional made the Elite Eight!!!!   :runaway:

LOL

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2011, 04:48:19 PM »
the uni game was a part of the greatest double header I have ever seen or will see

its hard to describe how fun it was being in that arena.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2011, 04:49:02 PM »
Of all the 1 seeds, Syracuse had the toughest bracket. National championship runner-up Butler as a 5 seed. You really can't say what the toughest path for a 1 seed is before the sweet 16 because none of them have to play anybody good before they get there.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2011, 05:20:29 PM »

I don't think it's even debatable whether KU had the hardest region last year, with teams like Michigan State and Tennessee both making the Elite Eight. 

Not that it matters, but I don't get your point.  Didn't two teams make it to the elite 8 out of every region?
Matter of fact, I think Tenn and MSU were 2 of the 3 lowest-ranked teams in the elite 8.  I'm puzzled.   :confused:

What doesn't make sense?  When the #5 and #6 seeds in your region are good enough to make it to the Final Four, you've got a deeply talented bracket.  The Midwest region also had the #1 overall seed in Kansas, and arguably the #2 overall seed in Ohio State.  It was the toughest region by far.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2011, 05:23:59 PM »
30 wins or not, KU had no business losing to UNI.

No, they didn't, but I do find it amusing that a fanbase whose team lost to Butler is making fun of mid-majors. 

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2011, 05:24:10 PM »

I don't think it's even debatable whether KU had the hardest region last year, with teams like Michigan State and Tennessee both making the Elite Eight.  

Not that it matters, but I don't get your point.  Didn't two teams make it to the elite 8 out of every region?
Matter of fact, I think Tenn and MSU were 2 of the 3 lowest-ranked teams in the elite 8.  I'm puzzled.   :confused:

What doesn't make sense?  When the #5 and #6 seeds in your region are good enough to make it to the Final Four, you've got a deeply talented bracket.  The Midwest region also had the #1 overall seed in Kansas, and arguably the #2 overall seed in Ohio State.  It was the toughest region by far.
one) No it wasn't.
two) Irrelevant if you get knocked out in the first weekend.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2011, 05:25:35 PM »

No, they didn't, but I do find it amusing that a fanbase whose team lost to Butler is making fun of mid-majors. 

U MAD?

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2011, 05:27:18 PM »

Not that it matters, but I don't get your point.  Didn't two teams make it to the elite 8 out of every region?
Matter of fact, I think Tenn and MSU were 2 of the 3 lowest-ranked teams in the elite 8.  I'm puzzled.   :confused:

What doesn't make sense?  When the #5 and #6 seeds in your region are good enough to make it to the Final Four, you've got a deeply talented bracket.  The Midwest region also had the #1 overall seed in Kansas, and arguably the #2 overall seed in Ohio State.  It was the toughest region by far.
one) No it wasn't.

1. Yes, it was, and it's not even debatable.  

2. KU was the overall #1 seed, upset or not.

:ck:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2011, 05:28:30 PM »

U MAD?

No.  I'm simply engaging in discussion, thanks.

:flush:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2011, 05:31:25 PM »

U MAD?

No.  I'm simply engaging in discussion, thanks.

:flush:

oh, ok.  well continue discussing, then.   :dubious:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2011, 05:32:20 PM »

Butler beat Michigan State who beat UNI.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2011, 05:32:56 PM »

one) No it wasn't.

one) very debatable, but it in fact it was not the toughest bracket.  In particular the bottom half was exceedingly weak.
two) Irrelevant

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2011, 07:02:56 PM »

If we would have lost to Xavier it would have been #6 and #5 in the elite 8. You're being a dumbass.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2011, 07:09:57 PM »
It is so hilarious to me that somebody is debating that a bracket that their team got knocked of in the second round was the best in the tourny last year....your team didn't get to the part of the bracket that included the good teams you are harping on.....it's like, wow, people think things like this.

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2011, 07:25:13 PM »
And as SD said, you didn't even get to the tougher teams.  Even if UNI was underrated, you should be able to beat a 7 seed.  Hell, if you want to be Champs, you'll prob have to beat someone whos maybe even a 6 seed or higher  :ohno:
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 07:26:54 PM by ChiCat »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2011, 08:36:55 PM »
It is so hilarious to me that somebody is debating that a bracket that their team got knocked of in the second round was the best in the tourny last year....your team didn't get to the part of the bracket that included the good teams you are harping on.....it's like, wow, people think things like this.

lehigh & northern iowa.  murderer's row.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2011, 08:39:32 PM »

Amazing how the human mind performs it's mental gymnastics sometimes

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2011, 11:08:28 PM »

Goddamn, dude.  You are SO rough ridin' ADORABLE when you pout. 
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2011, 11:09:29 PM »
[spoiler](P.S. 'grats, 'Beams!.................................................................................................on being such a rough ridin' pussy.)    :emawkid:[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 11:13:14 PM by SkinnyBenny »

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2011, 11:12:40 PM »

If we would have lost to Xavier it would have been #6 and #5 in the elite 8. You're being a dumbass.

My god, dude.  This is like listening to O.J. proclaim his innocence.
[spoiler]

(This is where 'Beams, at a loss, has no choice but to take my quote and, in an attempt to save face, either respond with a facepalm emoticon or respond with a super-cute "U Mad?" graphic or something similar.  Oh, the simpleton.  P.S.  'Beams: 84-68, [redacted].)[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 11:19:10 PM by SkinnyBenny »

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2011, 11:39:20 PM »
Butler>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>UNI

Offline kcpowercat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2011, 11:59:40 PM »
A year later and we can still get Ben bent on that?  Nice.

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2011, 12:57:54 AM »

Uh, did he just compare UNI to Butler?  omg  :lol: