Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 3916639 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #21475 on: November 23, 2021, 10:06:51 AM »
We've been hearing that Chicago halftime for seemingly a generation. They did play a halftime show earlier this year that featured Taylor Swift, Lizzo, Beyonce, and Lady Gaga, it was incred!

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #21476 on: November 23, 2021, 10:20:15 AM »
imagining that jayhawkish space alien getting enterprised to the tune of "Saturday in the Park" what a time to be alive

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21477 on: November 25, 2021, 01:50:53 AM »
Just sell beer in the stadium thru the 3rd qtr. It's not hard, and would make tons of money.
They already do on the tailgate terrace. It doesn't keep people in their seats but keeps them in the stadium I guess.
Needs to be sold by vendors walking the stairs and in beer kiosks up top. Time to put chair backs in whole stadium w cup holders. Aside from student section

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21478 on: November 25, 2021, 01:53:21 AM »
The band is fun to watch at halftime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21479 on: November 26, 2021, 10:05:17 AM »
I watched the Mike Rowe Miracle in Manhattan "The Foundation" doc last nite for the first time. Easy to forget what an absolute dump KSU Stadium was in 1989. Everything about the program was incredibly awful and small-timey.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #21480 on: November 26, 2021, 09:58:56 PM »
I watched the Mike Rowe Miracle in Manhattan "The Foundation" doc last nite for the first time. Easy to forget what an absolute dump KSU Stadium was in 1989. Everything about the program was incredibly awful and small-timey.

There were a lot of small timey schools back then; why, none or very little TV money for non blue bloods.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21481 on: December 08, 2021, 10:32:14 PM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21482 on: December 08, 2021, 10:39:10 PM »

There were a lot of small timey schools back then; why, none or very little TV money for non blue bloods.
Klieman literally makes more money than the KSU and KU athletic budget combined. 

Okie Lite spent $700k on Lewis Field over 40 years.  At OU, bathrooms had dirt floors. KU Memorial Stadium was already a crap hole.  Cornhole was already an architectural monstrosity with 65k seats for 76k people.

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21483 on: December 08, 2021, 10:59:50 PM »

Klieman literally makes more money than the KSU and KU athletic budget combined. 

Okie Lite spent $700k on Lewis Field over 40 years.  At OU, bathrooms had dirt floors. KU Memorial Stadium was already a crap hole.  Cornhole was already an architectural monstrosity with 65k seats for 76k people.
Speaking of the Mike Row documentary, I was shocked to hear Bill left Iowa's OC to takeover KSU (thought of as committing career suicide) for only $85k per year. That's equivalent to $190,000 today, or like $28/hr gross if he works 18 hours a day.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21484 on: December 09, 2021, 04:45:41 AM »

Speaking of the Mike Row documentary, I was shocked to hear Bill left Iowa's OC to takeover KSU (thought of as committing career suicide) for only $85k per year. That's equivalent to $190,000 today, or like $28/hr gross if he works 18 hours a day.
Relative to today everyone was small time.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #21485 on: December 09, 2021, 12:12:33 PM »
These are some of D.Scott's words on this thing today:

The new K-State Football Indoor Practice Facility will be located on the northeast side of LHC Bill Snyder Family Stadium and be directly accessible to the Vanier Family Football Complex and the football stadium, thus allowing enhanced convenience and year-long operational efficiency. The facility will include an accompanying outdoor practice field and provide recruiting and operational advantages with its full outdoor turf practice field and a 130-yard indoor turf practice field. The limestone exterior will match stadium and campus architecture.

Are there going to be some tunnels or skybridges or covered paths or whatever that allow people and equipment to be transferred from one location to another as if those 3 places are all one connected facility, or by "directly" does he mean they're close to each other and one can walk from one to another?

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21486 on: December 09, 2021, 12:36:37 PM »
I'm going to guess tunnel because of the elevation of the Vanier and the sort of projection into the east side there between the video board and gates. They'd have to keep gate access clear

A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21487 on: December 09, 2021, 01:10:55 PM »
I don't think there's going to be any tunnels.   

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #21488 on: December 09, 2021, 01:24:21 PM »
There are no tunnels
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21489 on: December 09, 2021, 02:03:18 PM »
Shouldn't we roll OU and UT buyout money into the start of fundraising for a Bramlage renovation and then we'll basically be done with facilities besides updates for a long long time?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21490 on: December 09, 2021, 08:18:36 PM »
If both schools stay until the GOR is up, the remaining 8 will only get $10,000,000 each. That's not much toward that cost of Bramlage, it's going to likely be high 8 figures, if not $100 million plus. They should take that money, and put it in an endowment for athletics only. $10 million would yield half a million dollars in interest annually.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 10:24:39 PM by MakeItRain »

Offline Purple Derpathy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21491 on: December 09, 2021, 09:26:22 PM »
We should just fold up the basketball program. It sucks and is a waste of money that nobody cares about anymore.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #21492 on: December 09, 2021, 10:20:05 PM »
Username checks out
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21493 on: December 10, 2021, 08:38:48 AM »
If both schools stay until the GOR is up, the remaining 8 will only get $10,000,000 each. That's not much toward that cost of Bramlage, it's going to likely be high 8 figures, if not $100 million plus. They should take that money, and put it in an endowment for athletics only. $10 million would yield half a million dollars in interest annually.

Oh, absolutely. I was more so going off them bailing either this summer or next, but obviously things have been really quiet and point torwards them staying through the GOR is up.

Offline WildcatNation

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21494 on: December 10, 2021, 10:35:35 AM »
Don't we already have a newish indoor FB practice facility?

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21495 on: December 10, 2021, 10:38:45 AM »

no it's old af

Offline fatdamon

• Combo-Fan
  • back farts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21496 on: December 10, 2021, 02:11:48 PM »
YAY FOOTBALL

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21497 on: December 10, 2021, 02:21:04 PM »

no it's old af

pretty sure it was built in the mid 90s. can confirm it was pretty rough when I was in school 12 years ago

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21498 on: December 10, 2021, 02:25:30 PM »
yeah it's approaching 30 years old, shitty, and in an inconvenient location. was :love: when it was built tho

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21499 on: December 10, 2021, 02:38:17 PM »
yeah it's approaching 30 years old, shitty, and in an inconvenient location. was :love: when it was built tho

p sure it was one of the first indoor collegiate practice facilities.

The new one looks like it'll be super nice, but I saw renderings of Oregon's new facility recently. Good. Lord.