Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 3916265 times)

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #20925 on: May 18, 2020, 09:05:24 AM »
that north corridor walkthrough vid  :excited:

until i saw all the trees and started getting anxiety

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20926 on: May 19, 2020, 10:16:45 PM »
That's all nice, hope it all comes together. I do think the nicest thing is them adding that bus loading zones for BSFS and the baseball stadium area. That'll be real nice. I wish they would add a pedestrian walk over Kimball but oh well. My biggest question will be what art will be put in that roundabout on Denison.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #20927 on: May 20, 2020, 08:10:12 AM »
That's all nice, hope it all comes together. I do think the nicest thing is them adding that bus loading zones for BSFS and the baseball stadium area. That'll be real nice. I wish they would add a pedestrian walk over Kimball but oh well. My biggest question will be what art will be put in that roundabout on Denison.
A giant sunflower, but instead of the flower, it's a Powercat. Surrounding it is a bunch of tiny Powercat flowers
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20928 on: May 20, 2020, 02:05:35 PM »
Newest SEZFZ rendo posted on KSO, btw.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 10:31:38 PM by Shooter Jones »

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #20929 on: May 20, 2020, 02:12:14 PM »
I did this one a few years ago, guess I was pretty close lol

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20930 on: May 20, 2020, 06:08:30 PM »
A giant sunflower, but instead of the flower, it's a Powercat. Surrounding it is a bunch of tiny Powercat flowers

Would take, and it'll drive ku fans insane, total alpha move

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #20931 on: May 20, 2020, 08:30:45 PM »
I would definitely like to see more sunflowers integrated into the stadium.

A sunflower helmet would be sweet too
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #20932 on: May 20, 2020, 09:55:07 PM »
 Powersunflower alternate helmets
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #20933 on: May 20, 2020, 10:27:10 PM »
With our AG program's sucess at soil/meat judging and robitics/bass fishing it's pretty embarrassing that we have not developed a purple powercat flower by now.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #20934 on: May 20, 2020, 10:33:13 PM »
Imagine being a stud sophomore recruit and your mom gets some random flowers delivered with a note saying "Plant these for the future" - Coach Klieman

Then when you are a stud Junior Coach Klieman calls you up and asks how the powercat flowers are looking (they look awesome because they are genetically engineered to thrive in all conditions) and offers you a full ride to THE Kansas State University and says "If you think we care about flowers just wait until you see how much we care about our football players"

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20935 on: May 20, 2020, 10:44:08 PM »
Whoa
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20936 on: May 21, 2020, 12:11:18 AM »

I know some people ITT aren't big fans of the two "smaller" scoreboards vs one big one in the corners for the SEZ, but I am fine with it, I've never had any issues seeing anything on the ones in the NEZ from anywhere currently, and those are larger and more HD than the old one in the SEZ ever was. However, I would trade that away just cause of the awkward jutting out of that sound system in this rendering. It just looks last minute attached into the design, and throw a powercat on it cause of course. That bitch better be backlit.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #20937 on: May 21, 2020, 12:32:28 AM »
I think it looks like super hot sex. Remember what our stadium looked like pre-WSC? We were excited about this:

Man, we were pathetic.

Offline TheTruth

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20938 on: May 21, 2020, 07:05:05 AM »

I know some people ITT aren't big fans of the two "smaller" scoreboards vs one big one in the corners for the SEZ, but I am fine with it, I've never had any issues seeing anything on the ones in the NEZ from anywhere currently, and those are larger and more HD than the old one in the SEZ ever was. However, I would trade that away just cause of the awkward jutting out of that sound system in this rendering. It just looks last minute attached into the design, and throw a powercat on it cause of course. That bitch better be backlit.

And shoot lasers.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #20939 on: May 21, 2020, 08:51:15 AM »
The endzone paintjob there is wtf.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20940 on: May 21, 2020, 09:00:29 AM »

Always been team huge ass south end zone board, but I'm fine with this design, just hoping some day there is a plan for the east side, to completely tie into the stade... It feels completely out of place with how sexy and new the other 3 sides are now.

Also, I enjoy this project because it starts Bramlage stuff. VERY EXCITE

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #20941 on: May 21, 2020, 10:02:57 AM »

Always been team huge ass south end zone board, but I'm fine with this design, just hoping some day there is a plan for the east side, to completely tie into the stade... It feels completely out of place with how sexy and new the other 3 sides are now.

Also, I enjoy this project because it starts Bramlage stuff. VERY EXCITE
East side is fine except for exterior (east facing) stuff, though that will be diminished with the addition of the practice facility taking up quite a bit of the east side's exposure.  I suppose the upper concourse could use some work too. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20942 on: May 21, 2020, 11:09:06 AM »
It's fine for now (Bramlage should be renovated long before anymore east side work), but I feel it should be demo'd at some point.

Should study attendance numbers and trends over the next 5-8 years, demo it, and build something nicer with much better fan amenities (and most likely much smaller than the existing structure) to complete the stade.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20943 on: May 21, 2020, 02:07:32 PM »
I think it looks like super hot sex. Remember what our stadium looked like pre-WSC? We were excited about this:

Man, we were pathetic.

The cumulative amount (or lack thereof) of capital improvements under Urick/Weiser is staggering. Maybe $10-15 million total in a period of about 15 years? Then Currie comes along and raises that amount in about a week.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20944 on: May 21, 2020, 03:43:06 PM »

Man, we were pathetic.

The cumulative amount (or lack thereof) of capital improvements under Urick/Weiser is staggering. Maybe $10-15 million total in a period of about 15 years? Then Currie comes along and raises that amount in about a week.

Only substantial thing I can recall since the early 90s was the east side

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20945 on: May 21, 2020, 03:59:54 PM »
With this phase included, how much have we spent over the last 10 years? North of $200 million now?

Has BSFS had more phases/projects than KU has had B12 wins?

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20946 on: May 21, 2020, 04:25:45 PM »
ku has the endzone jiffy lube and recliner central usa on the other, so just relax tf out everyone

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #20947 on: May 21, 2020, 06:20:28 PM »
I don't think we should measure ourselves against ku, our peers in the conference are Texas and ou and we are keeping up with them pretty well
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #20948 on: May 21, 2020, 06:37:40 PM »
NO, we're not!  :cry:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #20949 on: May 22, 2020, 07:22:14 PM »
Powersunflower alternate helmets

Flowercat, imo
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12