Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 3992950 times)

Offline 1863

• Combo-Fan
  • John Currie is a beautiful human bean.
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #17925 on: August 05, 2015, 05:27:39 PM »

Havs is really dropping some knowledge here, folks.

One thing I also noticed is that Minnesota's locker room also has carpet and a door in it for entering and exiting purposes.

Basically, a direct copy from what I can tell.

Not only did we steal the idea for doors but guess who also has lockers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #17926 on: August 05, 2015, 06:02:26 PM »
Iowa Hawkeye logo : Powercat :: TCF Bank Stade lockerroom : BSFS Lockerroom

Obviously related, almost certainly a little bit derivative, but not enough to matter.

JK the powercat is a super duper ripoff of the hawkeye, though
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 06:06:56 PM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline chunkles

• KSU CATS Videographer of the Week
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17927 on: August 05, 2015, 06:30:19 PM »
At dupont KSU, we don't make the things, we just make that crap better.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #17928 on: August 05, 2015, 07:40:29 PM »
Miami Nightclub or football complex?

I swear to God if I read one more article about the Vanier complex being elite as f*#% I'm going to break something.

http://m.campussports.net/?s=Kstate+football+complex+
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #17929 on: August 05, 2015, 08:10:18 PM »
I really, really don't care for Minnesota's stadium.  When it was new a couple years ago, I remember everyone and their mom going bonkers over it.  For it being so new, it looks like complete crap. 

The only things it has going for it are a nice pressbox.  Ribbon boards.  And a nice wall surrounding the playing surface.

Things that suck about it:

1.  Almost symmetrical, but not asymmetrical enough to look like it was intentional.
2.  Dumb off-center scoreboard.  If you wanted a view of that awe-inspring Minneapolis skyline so badly, maybe just angle the stadium a different way.  You built it from scratch.
3.  Stupid concessions tent in the open endzone. Again, you built it from scratch.  High schools have more impressive concession stands.

The place is basically Jack Trice with a few bells and whistles and a skyline in the background.  Very Cincinnati-ish.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17930 on: August 05, 2015, 08:31:20 PM »
symmetry schmmetry

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17931 on: August 05, 2015, 08:50:17 PM »
I really, really don't care for Minnesota's stadium.  When it was new a couple years ago, I remember everyone and their mom going bonkers over it.  For it being so new, it looks like complete crap. 

The only things it has going for it are a nice pressbox.  Ribbon boards.  And a nice wall surrounding the playing surface.

Things that suck about it:

1.  Almost symmetrical, but not asymmetrical enough to look like it was intentional.
2.  Dumb off-center scoreboard.  If you wanted a view of that awe-inspring Minneapolis skyline so badly, maybe just angle the stadium a different way.  You built it from scratch.
3.  Stupid concessions tent in the open endzone. Again, you built it from scratch.  High schools have more impressive concession stands.

The place is basically Jack Trice with a few bells and whistles and a skyline in the background.  Very Cincinnati-ish.

I actually agree with everything you said here, IRL best friend dlew. I guess when I said it was elite, I should've qualified it by saying it's elite when the rest of your garbage conference is playing in 100 year-old dumps, and when you've spent the last 25 years playing football in the Minnesota Twins' shitty dome.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17932 on: August 05, 2015, 08:59:22 PM »
This isn't the pud stadiums thread.  Let's keep it on topic, ie. the Vanier Complex is the hottest piece of ass in all of college football right now.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17933 on: August 05, 2015, 09:20:21 PM »
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17934 on: August 05, 2015, 09:21:31 PM »
The giant stairs going down is the coolest imo
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17935 on: August 05, 2015, 09:29:11 PM »
The giant stairs going down is the coolest imo

Denied. It's the Gatorade Fuel Bar and everyone knows it

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #17936 on: August 05, 2015, 10:21:22 PM »
I have an intimate knowledge of TCF Bank stade and can confirm that it is elite. Very elite. Only prob is it's not quite symmetrical. :frown:

The second problem is that you're sitting outside for a few hours, in Minnesota, in November.

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17937 on: August 05, 2015, 10:36:32 PM »
I have an intimate knowledge of TCF Bank stade and can confirm that it is elite. Very elite. Only prob is it's not quite symmetrical. :frown:

The second problem is that you're sitting outside for a few hours, in Minnesota, in November.

Biggest problem
@Trogdor_gE

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17939 on: August 05, 2015, 11:02:24 PM »

Biggest problem
I just flew back from MSP this afternoon, its really nice there right now!

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17940 on: August 05, 2015, 11:04:03 PM »

Biggest problem
I just flew back from MSP this afternoon, its really nice there right now!

now isnt when it matters
@Trogdor_gE

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17941 on: August 06, 2015, 01:39:10 AM »
Actual news headline:

Kansas State’s New 132,000 Square-Foot Football Complex Is So Extravagant, It’s Comical

http://www.brobible.com/sports/article/kansas-states-new-football-complex-extravagent/

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17942 on: August 06, 2015, 02:29:28 AM »
Actual news headline:

Kansas State’s New 132,000 Square-Foot Football Complex Is So Extravagant, It’s Comical

http://www.brobible.com/sports/article/kansas-states-new-football-complex-extravagent/

That article had like 0 text
@Trogdor_gE

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17943 on: August 06, 2015, 02:31:09 AM »
I didnt realize how much attention V2.0 was going to get. Like I thought it was amazeballs, but I didnt think that everyone else was going to drool over it too
@Trogdor_gE

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17944 on: August 06, 2015, 03:14:45 AM »
Yep, the entire nation is basically fellating this thing 24/7.  Incredible.

Offline everyone shut up

• Katpak'r
  • “On paper, we feel good.”
    • View Profile
« Reply #17945 on: August 06, 2015, 08:27:25 AM »
Did the same thing happen with the Anderson clip art opening? Someone refresh my memory.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #17946 on: August 06, 2015, 08:54:04 AM »

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17947 on: August 06, 2015, 09:14:35 AM »
They're auctioning off a bunch of stuff from the old complex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17948 on: August 06, 2015, 09:24:20 AM »
Sad really, but I'm sure the squawks are being super hurtful right now.  Dax, anything you can share from behind enemy lines?

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #17949 on: August 06, 2015, 09:27:49 AM »
Sad really, but I'm sure the squawks are being super hurtful right now.  Dax, anything you can share from behind enemy lines?
Even though tons of their fans have watched the vid and looked at pics, they aren't currently talking about it because butt hurt.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.