Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 3993225 times)

Offline Pendergast

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #17900 on: August 05, 2015, 08:02:02 AM »
Quick question, guys.  Will every seat come equipped with a periscope so the fans can see the playing field? Color me dense, but it looks to me like that area slopes upwards to the South and is shielded by the edge/wall at end of the WSC seats. How will fans be able to see without some changes in elevation, etc. to afford a view. Maybe someone familiar with Geometry can draw a diagram of how that is supposed to work out, because I can't picture it right now.

I don't want to alarm you, but I think your brain is malfunctioning.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17901 on: August 05, 2015, 08:55:52 AM »
Quick question, guys.  Will every seat come equipped with a periscope so the fans can see the playing field? Color me dense, but it looks to me like that area slopes upwards to the South and is shielded by the edge/wall at end of the WSC seats. How will fans be able to see without some changes in elevation, etc. to afford a view. Maybe someone familiar with Geometry can draw a diagram of how that is supposed to work out, because I can't picture it right now.

booster seats

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #17902 on: August 05, 2015, 09:48:10 AM »
Bit older; same concept.

Comparing K-State's locker room and saying it's the "same" as others in the country because of its ovular shape, is like trying to compare an Accord to Maserati and saying they're the same because they both have four wheels.

Stop being a complete dumbass.  Thanks.

Same architect and concept, dumbass.

Offline Pendergast

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17903 on: August 05, 2015, 09:53:57 AM »
Bit older; same concept.

Comparing K-State's locker room and saying it's the "same" as others in the country because of its ovular shape, is like trying to compare an Accord to Maserati and saying they're the same because they both have four wheels.

It's completely different other than they both have a logo in the ceiling.  Everything else is different, everything.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17904 on: August 05, 2015, 09:58:57 AM »
Bit older; same concept.

It's completely different other than they both have a logo in the ceiling.  Everything else is different, everything.

there's an open area in the middle and lockers on the outside, we basically copied them, stop denying it

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #17905 on: August 05, 2015, 10:03:24 AM »
Bit older; same concept.

there's an open area in the middle and lockers on the outside, we basically copied them, stop denying it.

Exactly. Even if your locker room is a Lexus, that still means its following the body style and general design of a Toyota. That being said, TCF Bank Stadium is beautiful and very Lexusy.

Offline Pendergast

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17906 on: August 05, 2015, 10:04:47 AM »
Bit older; same concept.

there's an open area in the middle and lockers on the outside, we basically copied them, stop denying it.

Exactly. Even if your locker room is a Lexus, that still means its following the body style and general design of a Toyota. That being said, TCF Bank Stadium is beautiful and very Lexusy.

Wait, is this sarcasm?  Can't tell if delusional or funny.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17907 on: August 05, 2015, 10:12:47 AM »
Bit older; same concept.

only an Iowa State fan would aspire to be like the University of Minnesota

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #17908 on: August 05, 2015, 10:16:34 AM »
Of all the people who would get butthurt over the beauty that is the new VFC, I have to admit that I thought that Havs wouldn't be one.

I was wrong.

:buh-bye:

bears are fast...

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #17909 on: August 05, 2015, 10:17:54 AM »
Bit older; same concept.

only an Iowa State fan would aspire to be like the University of Minnesota

That setting tho... :love:

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17910 on: August 05, 2015, 10:19:48 AM »
Needs more suites. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17911 on: August 05, 2015, 10:21:53 AM »
I bet Minnesota and Iowa State fans are probably very similar.

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #17912 on: August 05, 2015, 10:26:05 AM »
I bet Minnesota and Iowa State fans are probably very similar.

Nah, they are far less #LoyalForeverTrue and #SoProud. :love:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #17913 on: August 05, 2015, 10:45:19 AM »
I have an intimate knowledge of TCF Bank stade and can confirm that it is elite. Very elite. Only prob is it's not quite symmetrical. :frown:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17914 on: August 05, 2015, 11:07:02 AM »
Havs is owning this thread now.  :surprised:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #17915 on: August 05, 2015, 11:31:11 AM »
I have an intimate knowledge of TCF Bank stade and can confirm that it is elite. Very elite. Only prob is it's not quite symmetrical. :frown:

Virtually every stadium project right now in this country is a hodgepodge of various additions and renovations that are just cobbled together (See: Nebraska; Texas A&M) where they should have just started from scratch, to maintain some symmetry.

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17916 on: August 05, 2015, 11:48:24 AM »

Virtually every stadium project right now in this country is a hodgepodge of various additions and renovations that are just cobbled together (See: Nebraska; Texas A&M) where they should have just started from scratch, to maintain some symmetry.

Tradition tho
@Trogdor_gE

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17917 on: August 05, 2015, 01:05:38 PM »
Bit older; same concept.

because ceiling tiles are so Lexusy. Minnesota's looks like a movie theater lobby

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #17918 on: August 05, 2015, 01:18:55 PM »
Bit older; same concept.

because ceiling tiles are so Lexusy. Minnesota's looks like a movie theater lobby

Can't you appreciate the fact that Populous got the "hey lets put ceiling tiles in the locker room" phase out of their system in Minnesota so they didn't do the same thing in yours?

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17919 on: August 05, 2015, 01:36:29 PM »
How do you know it was Populous' decision for the ceiling tiles and it wasn't value engineered because Minnesota is poor?
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17920 on: August 05, 2015, 01:41:24 PM »
that minnesota stadium looks like a dog barf

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17921 on: August 05, 2015, 02:17:32 PM »

that setting tho, an airplane hanger looking building and a drab looking skyline, eff yeah!

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17922 on: August 05, 2015, 03:21:12 PM »

so are their colors :Yuck: :Yuck: :Yuck: :Yuck:
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #17923 on: August 05, 2015, 05:14:54 PM »
Havs is really dropping some knowledge here, folks.

One thing I also noticed is that Minnesota's locker room also has carpet and a door in it for entering and exiting purposes.

Basically, a direct copy from what I can tell.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17924 on: August 05, 2015, 05:24:35 PM »
I wonder why Havs never told us about that second career as a free-lance for Architectural Digest.   Keen observational eye.