Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 4060667 times)

Offline moffprof

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #4800 on: January 26, 2013, 07:08:39 PM »
Read through the UMD/ACC lawsuit. I think UMD has a really good case, especially with the ACC withholding funds from UMD even though they are still members and have not officially submitted withdrawal papers yet. Will Big 10 offer invites to ACC schools soon or will they wait until lawsuit is settled because other schools don’t want their revenues withheld from them either?

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4801 on: January 26, 2013, 07:10:07 PM »

Offline moffprof

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4802 on: January 26, 2013, 07:22:58 PM »
oh thanks... wandering around here clueless. thanks again

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4803 on: February 01, 2013, 04:33:47 PM »
First Steel Columns going up in the middle section now!   :excited: Should be a fun next few weeks as the middles get's to taking shape.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4804 on: February 01, 2013, 04:37:36 PM »
They finally have the North camera back online

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4805 on: February 04, 2013, 08:43:07 AM »
confirmed they are way behind

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4806 on: February 04, 2013, 09:24:06 AM »

Well good thing the next week or so looks like good weather and that they are working on the weekends/late into the night to get it back on track. Any ideas on how much float they have built in?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4807 on: February 04, 2013, 09:30:33 AM »

Well good thing the next week or so looks like good weather and that they are working on the weekends/late into the night to get it back on track. Any ideas on how much float they have built in?

no. rumor is that wind has hurt them. need more non windy days i guess or something.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4808 on: February 04, 2013, 09:42:46 AM »

no. rumor is that wind has hurt them. need more non windy days i guess or something.

Cant run the tower cranes in high winds, and there have been more than normal the last few weeks. But, they are ahead of schedule in other areas that don't require the cranes. They'll be fine.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4809 on: February 04, 2013, 09:50:02 AM »
 :ohno:  Guys Kansas is a very windy state.  Would if they can never complete it because of the wind?
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4810 on: February 04, 2013, 09:51:29 AM »
Mods, is there a way to set up an alert when CC posts?  He's got to have the highest information per post rating on the board.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4811 on: February 04, 2013, 09:54:34 AM »
Yep, I've heard they're way ahead in the areas that don't involve construction as well.
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4812 on: February 04, 2013, 09:58:51 AM »
Comparing how it looks to where it should be by the plan video, it only looks like they are about a week behind (should have the facade all the way up the front of the south segment, they are only half way, should have the first set of crossbeams setup on the middle segment, only about half are.)

http://www.kstatesports.com/allaccess/?media=358045

Probably the expected amount of behind for construction

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #4813 on: February 04, 2013, 09:59:25 AM »
Yep, I've heard they're way ahead in the areas that don't involve construction as well.
So like they have all the paint colors n stuff picked out? Awesome.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4814 on: February 04, 2013, 10:03:29 AM »

Cant run the tower cranes in high winds, and there have been more than normal the last few weeks. But, they are ahead of schedule in other areas that don't require the cranes. They'll be fine.

yeah i think they'll be fine as well but behind is behind and that's what they currently are. also rumors of contractor vs contractor in fighting or something with certain groups blaming other groups. if there's anyway to get audio on those webcams then i say we do it.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4815 on: February 04, 2013, 10:07:49 AM »
So like they have all the paint colors n stuff picked out? Awesome.

I've heard they're way ahead on the stuff they do when all the workers are at home instead of building stuff.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #4816 on: February 04, 2013, 11:14:33 AM »
I feel like the only things that get built on time/ahead of schedule are QuikTrips.
emaw

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4817 on: February 04, 2013, 11:33:56 AM »
seems like "wind" is something a GC would factor when estimating date of completion. 

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4818 on: February 04, 2013, 12:09:06 PM »
seems like "wind" is something a GC would factor when estimating date of completion.

As they should for expected days of crane out of order due to wind, a) that's what float days are for, and b) it's hard to predict, if it's unusually windy then their isn't much a bidder can do about it, especially if you are always trying to beat a competitor. That being said, I didn't know there was a wind problem but right now the weather does look reasonably good for the next week, a lot of steel can go up in a short time.

Offline fr@ck me

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4819 on: February 04, 2013, 01:17:34 PM »

GC didn't pick the completion date the owner did.  GC just has to figure it into their schedule and price the job accordingly.  i.e. if you factor in wind days and end up working OT to catch back up then you better have it in your price.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4820 on: February 05, 2013, 08:25:34 AM »
I just don't understand how this winter can be so mild, yet this thing is behind schedule because of the weather. Did these guys just plan on it being 70 degrees and sunny every day in December and January?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4821 on: February 05, 2013, 08:27:22 AM »
I just don't understand how this winter can be so mild, yet this thing is behind schedule because of the weather. Did these guys just plan on it being 70 degrees and sunny every day in December and January?

perhaps you missed the twenty posts from yesterday talking about how there has been many more windy days within the last month than what is typical for this time of the year.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4822 on: February 05, 2013, 10:51:49 AM »
I know it happens all the time elsewhere . . . but once again, I'll have to admit that I am shocked, no, make that SHOCKED that an athletic facilites project at K-State is behind and there's rumors of contractor in-fighting.   It simply has never happened before. 

I think the real question should be:  Has anyone ever built anything for K-State athletics, where everybody didn't want to kill each other by the end??

(insert construction company name here)  never do another project at K-State again.

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4823 on: February 05, 2013, 03:29:59 PM »
The current expansion of the Kansas State Memorial Stadium will increase its seating capacity to just over 23,000.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 11:23:27 AM by PoetWarrior »

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #4824 on: February 05, 2013, 04:24:47 PM »
I know it happens all the time elsewhere . . . but once again, I'll have to admit that I am shocked, no, make that SHOCKED that an athletic facilites project at K-State is behind and there's rumors of contractor in-fighting.   It simply has never happened before. 

I think the real question should be:  Has anyone ever built anything for K-State athletics, where everybody didn't want to kill each other by the end??

(insert construction company name here)  never do another project at K-State again.

My experience is that is true with general facilities projects too, not just athletic facilities.
:adios: