Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 3993454 times)

Offline Blackcats

• I Know Stuff You Don't
  • Combo-Fan
  • LOUD NOISES!
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #18675 on: October 28, 2015, 01:42:20 PM »
New video of Vanier:

laundry room  :facepalm:

We don't want fancy things (paraphrase). Won't show the fanciest things, but hey look at the laundry! Wowza!
BlackCats does it right and is clearly a good person. - Steve Dave
BlackCats is a vital member of this blogging community, and a close personal friend of mine. -meow meow
I yearn for your nuggets. - Shooter Jones

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18676 on: October 28, 2015, 10:26:11 PM »
New video of Vanier:

We don't want fancy things (paraphrase). Won't show the fanciest things, but hey look at the laundry! Wowza!

did you calm down and decide to let the funds get raised for the final push on renovations or did you kill those like cueto killed the mets hope at ending a 30 year world series drought?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18677 on: October 28, 2015, 11:43:26 PM »
New video of Vanier:

The thing truly missed in all of this is IMO is that Sean's title was "Associate Head Coach." When did that happen? Did I miss that?
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Blackcats

• I Know Stuff You Don't
  • Combo-Fan
  • LOUD NOISES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18678 on: October 29, 2015, 12:07:21 AM »
New video of Vanier:

did you calm down and decide to let the funds get raised for the final push on renovations or did you kill those like cueto killed the mets hope at ending a 30 year world series drought?

I have calmed down. I've had some great conversations with some great EMAWs. I lit a fire or two. People are not happy. Many consider 6-6 unacceptable, even with the injuries. It has magnified the lack of quality recruiting that could give us better depth. I'll say this:

1. The money was always going to flow. However, it wasn't and still isn't going to be on time (March 1). The Ahern folks are going to be making some phone calls. this applies almost across the board for everyone I've talked to under 40.

2. The over 40 crowd is in wait and see mode. These are folks that grew up with horrible KState football. They don't ever want to go back to that, and frankly it's why they've given so much to the AD. If we don't find six wins there will be some unpleasant phone calls made to John... But this is another weird thing I found, under 40, "if they want my money they can call me" versus "I've given X to that school and he'll answer when I call or else" from the +40 subset.

3. This may have raised more money. People of all ages are pissed. They want to know what we can do to attract those recruits we need to have Big 12 talent through the entire two deep. I had more than one person say 'Name it. I'll write a check right now'  :dunno:

I spent 32.25 hours on the phone the week after OU (yes I kept track with the billables app on my phone) It was therapeutic, even though I hate being on the phone. A lot of hey you don't know me, but I was talking to so and so about the future of KState football and he gave me your number, thought we should chat. What did you think about that OU game?

Some awesomely knowledgeable Wildcst fans out there.
BlackCats is a vital member of this blogging community, and a close personal friend of mine. -meow meow

Offline Blackcats

• I Know Stuff You Don't
  • Combo-Fan
  • LOUD NOISES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18679 on: October 29, 2015, 12:08:34 AM »
New video of Vanier:

The thing truly missed in all of this is IMO is that Sean's title was "Associate Head Coach." When did that happen? Did I miss that?

Couple years ago. Just kind of happened. 

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18680 on: October 29, 2015, 12:33:22 AM »
New video of Vanier:

Couple years ago. Just kind of happened.

Associate Head Coach since 2011. Director of Football Operations for much longer.

Source: http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13303350/bill-snyder-kansas-state-once-retired-wants-son-sean-take-over

KSU's official site also says AHC since 2011.

Still can't seem him as Bill's successor.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18681 on: October 29, 2015, 06:59:27 AM »
Go Blackcats GO!!

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18682 on: October 29, 2015, 08:30:15 AM »
blackcats is a vital member of this blogging community, and a close personal friend of mine

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #18683 on: November 03, 2015, 03:04:30 PM »
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18684 on: November 03, 2015, 03:05:28 PM »
HARLEY DAY RENDOS!

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #18685 on: November 03, 2015, 03:09:46 PM »
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #18686 on: November 03, 2015, 03:27:29 PM »
was hoping there would have been a little curvature behind the band to propel the noise out.  would have looked fun and goofy.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Blackcats

• I Know Stuff You Don't
  • Combo-Fan
  • LOUD NOISES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18687 on: November 04, 2015, 12:16:16 AM »
http://www.kstatesports.com/news/new-showcase-stage-for-marching-band-announced-11-03-2015

well look what we have here.............

OMG, I'm so shocked. This is the first I've ever heard of such a thing.  :dubious:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #18688 on: November 04, 2015, 07:34:47 AM »
Like I said all along, stud rendos that look amazing
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18689 on: November 04, 2015, 08:11:03 AM »
Can we get that thing to transform into a rock stage.   Asking on behalf of the GooGoo Dolls

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #18690 on: November 04, 2015, 08:58:50 AM »
I like the idea that the visitors locker room is right underneath the loud and raucous pride of wildcat land. We should use that to funnel our sweet tunes directly into their space.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18691 on: November 04, 2015, 09:09:16 AM »
I like the idea that the visitors locker room is right underneath the loud and raucous pride of wildcat land. We should use that to funnel our sweet tunes directly into their space.

Unless they plan on stop being a marching band that won't matter, the band is on the field pregame and halftime.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18692 on: November 04, 2015, 10:12:36 AM »
Guys the band can be loud as heck, but it's not going to matter as K-State football and Tuck Nation's Favorite Five Hearters devolve back into Futility U.

It looks like we really are headed back to "beat the spread", and "we won halftime".    Sad

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18693 on: November 04, 2015, 10:17:51 AM »
Guys the band can be loud as heck, but it's not going to matter as K-State football and Tuck Nation's Favorite Five Hearters devolve back into Futility U.

It looks like we really are headed back to "beat the spread", and "we won halftime".    Sad
Who has that attitude besides you? I am a tuck, and I am not willing to settle for those moral victories.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18694 on: November 04, 2015, 10:23:22 AM »

Who has that attitude besides you? I am a tuck, and I am not willing to settle for those moral victories.

Good, well unfortunately as long as Tuck Nation would rather have feel good stories and not demand this coaching staff recruit (and coach) better, you'll have plenty to complain about.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18695 on: November 04, 2015, 10:28:16 AM »
I sent ADJC an e-mail asking if he saw the Reggie Bush injury last weekend.. just to remind him we need to think of player safety with our outer field improvements and hopefully limestone wall, ASAP.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18696 on: November 04, 2015, 10:38:35 AM »

Good, well unfortunately as long as Tuck Nation would rather have feel good stories and not demand this coaching staff recruit (and coach) better, you'll have plenty to complain about.
I will be complaining. Feel good stories drive me up the wall. What feels good to me regarding KSU is putting a great product on the field/court/diamond, etc.  I was there for the ugly years, and am too competitively spirited to settle for crap. Sometimes that feels powerless, but it doesn't feel good at all. And when I hear other tucks, both younger and older than I, talk about how great this or that kid represents the university so he deserves a starting spot, I make sure to disagree with that philosophy.

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18697 on: November 04, 2015, 10:39:58 AM »
I sent ADJC an e-mail asking if he saw the Reggie Bush injury last weekend.. just to remind him we need to think of player safety with our outer field improvements and hopefully limestone wall, ASAP.

I'm just tossing it out there, but wouldn't a limestone wall have potential injury concerns written all over it.  I mean stone, and players running into it?

Maybe a padded wall or something would make sense in such a e-mail.  But stone, not so much.

Then again, I am sure there are engineering types on the site who could provide better insight on this issue and allay my concerns.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18698 on: November 04, 2015, 10:42:24 AM »

This is a good point.   In addition a new practice complex needs to be built ASAP and the field in BSFS needs to be replaced immediately.  Inside the stadium practice should be limited.  The simple facts are even the artificial grass fields by their design are going to start showing wear and tear rapidly if a team is out their grinding on them day after day in practice.   I think the selection of AstoTurf Gameday Grass 360 also has to be called into question as well.   Plus I have to ask if K-State ever purchased the necessary equipment to groom an artificial grass field.   The last thing I saw on that was a John Deere gator dragging the field with two old shipping pallets.   It doesn't get anymore K-StateO then that, that's straight out of the 1980's for K-State.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18699 on: November 04, 2015, 11:39:18 AM »

I'm just tossing it out there, but wouldn't a limestone wall have potential injury concerns written all over it.  I mean stone, and players running into it?

Maybe a padded wall or something would make sense in such a e-mail.  But stone, not so much.

Then again, I am sure there are engineering types on the site who could provide better insight on this issue and allay my concerns.

Hi friend and fellow cat @Big Sam, these injuries are being caused by the open concrete slide of death area before the wall, not the actual wall. If they put turf on that area, it will help in the areas of safety and aesthetics, and there will be plenty of room before the wall.. I lumped in the limestone wall hoping they'd do it at the same time as a single project (and dax is right, they should replace all of the turf at the same time for that matter)