Author Topic: Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 5622577 times)

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #9050 on: April 16, 2013, 11:49:31 PM »
I know nothing about football but he looks good to me.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/832088/highlights/38266381

edit: also doesn't hurt that he's a widely successful singer/songwriter
http://jcfootball.scout.com/a.z?s=87&p=8&c=1&nid=6341704

Man, that song is rough ridin' terrible.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #9051 on: April 17, 2013, 04:14:51 AM »
Leave it to LHC Bill Snyder to swoop in late and pick up an All-American in mid-April.

It appears that will be all but a given after juco linebacker Tyrone Ward takes an official visit to Manhattan this weekend.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

"I know Houston offered and originally I was going there," recalled the Oakland, Cal. native. "But after one to two phone calls, they just stopped communication."

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Man oh man, you read this stellar update by Squeaks Wallace and you almost think The Legend has done it again!  But then you're all sad when you find out Houston was his only other option and they stopped recruiting him.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9052 on: April 17, 2013, 07:43:47 AM »
Leave it to LHC LHC Bill Snyder to swoop in late and pick up an All-American in mid-April.

It appears that will be all but a given after juco linebacker Tyrone Ward takes an official visit to Manhattan this weekend.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

"I know Houston offered and originally I was going there," recalled the Oakland, Cal. native. "But after one to two phone calls, they just stopped communication."

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Man oh man, you read this stellar update by Squeaks Wallace and you almost think The Legend has done it again!  But then you're all sad when you find out Houston was his only other option and they stopped recruiting him.

Was recruited by and visited Nebraska last summer. Must have some issue, but leave it to Snyder and his system to let him be successful.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9053 on: April 17, 2013, 08:36:13 AM »
Juco All-American. :gocho:

bfd. I'm with 'blast. Doubt he ever plays a down

Odd enough, he did make the 1st team California Juco AA list, but so did Ian Seau.   :dunno:
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #9054 on: April 17, 2013, 08:44:27 AM »

Odd enough, he did make the 1st team California Juco AA list, but so did Ian Seau.   :dunno:

Ian Seau tore the crap out of Juco. If we could have kept him and kept him motivated he would be great for us.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9055 on: April 17, 2013, 09:12:40 AM »
I figured that's what ended up happening.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #9056 on: April 17, 2013, 09:37:51 AM »
Was recruited by and visited Nebraska last summer. Must have some issue, but leave it to Snyder and his system to let him be successful.

I'm guessing it's something academic.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #9057 on: April 17, 2013, 09:42:38 AM »
shows how desperate we are at lb.  :frown:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9058 on: April 17, 2013, 09:52:20 AM »

I'm guessing it's something academic.

The articles would point to that. The Nebraska article from the summer said he was a December grad, but the GP article says he is finishing up this semester.

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9059 on: April 17, 2013, 09:58:07 AM »
"Oklahoma State received a pledge from running back Devon Thomas (Broken Arrow, Ok./Broken Arrow) in December. Thomas hasn't indicated he is still looking around, but Kansas State is interested.

Thomas could potentially be a package deal with Broken Arrow teammate Gyasi Akem. Akem is set to make multiple visits. Oklahoma State and Kansas State are at the top of his list.

"Don't be surprised if on both visits, for certain the trip to Stillwater, fellow Broken Arrow star Devon Thomas accompanies Akem," Ryan Wallace of GoPowercat.com wrote. "A four-star recruit himself, Thomas is committed to the Cowboys but has been the topic of conversation with (current Wildcat and former Broken Arrow teammate Cre) Moore as a player he plans on actively recruiting north to play with him for LHC Bill Snyder."

Kansas State has yet to officially offer Thomas, but they may wait until he is on campus to gauge the running back's interest in the program."

Offline BRULL

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9060 on: April 17, 2013, 09:58:50 AM »
He didn't kick anyone in the head did he?  :sdeek:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #9061 on: April 17, 2013, 10:01:00 AM »

Oh ya? What do you know about him?

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9062 on: April 17, 2013, 10:31:40 AM »

Oh ya? What do you know about him?

Absolutely nothing. Just having a bad week. Sorry guys! Probs a stud!!

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9063 on: April 17, 2013, 10:32:50 AM »
went to same school as KU super stud Chris Martin, but watching film of Martin, i couldn't tell which one was Ward.

Vid from Hudle.com

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/832088/tyrone-ward
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 11:25:47 AM by wiley »

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #9064 on: April 17, 2013, 10:39:27 AM »
"Oklahoma State received a pledge from running back Devon Thomas (Broken Arrow, Ok./Broken Arrow) in December. Thomas hasn't indicated he is still looking around, but Kansas State is interested.

Thomas could potentially be a package deal with Broken Arrow teammate Gyasi Akem. Akem is set to make multiple visits. Oklahoma State and Kansas State are at the top of his list.

"Don't be surprised if on both visits, for certain the trip to Stillwater, fellow Broken Arrow star Devon Thomas accompanies Akem," Ryan Wallace of GoPowercat.com wrote. "A four-star recruit himself, Thomas is committed to the Cowboys but has been the topic of conversation with (current Wildcat and former Broken Arrow teammate Cre) Moore as a player he plans on actively recruiting north to play with him for LHC LHC Bill Snyder."

Kansas State has yet to officially offer Thomas, but they may wait until he is on campus to gauge the running back's interest in the program."

I don't know where Thomas would fit in, I don't think the staff is as high on him as they are on Warmark. I would also imagine a hard push for a Swain and Harrison commit during the spring game.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9065 on: April 17, 2013, 12:20:11 PM »

Yeah, you gotta be super desperate to pick up a juco AA in mid April.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9066 on: April 17, 2013, 12:27:46 PM »

I appreciate that Snyder recognizes that keeping a few scholarships and waiting on cases like this one are probably more beneficial for us than offering some borderline HS kid hoping they becomes another DITR. We do plenty of DITR recruiting anyway, makes sense to do some "wait and see what scraps we can find in the spring/summer" recruiting as well.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #9067 on: April 17, 2013, 12:28:18 PM »
woah, let's get this thread pinned back up on the top.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #9068 on: April 17, 2013, 12:33:44 PM »

I appreciate that Snyder recognizes that keeping a few scholarships and waiting on cases like this one are probably more beneficial for us than offering some borderline HS kid hoping they becomes another DITR. We do plenty of DITR recruiting anyway, makes sense to do some "wait and see what scraps we can find in the spring/summer" recruiting as well.

It's always been a big ingredient in the secret sauce.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9069 on: April 17, 2013, 12:40:09 PM »

I always tell myself he could make some of the marginal HS recruits gray shirt (especially instate ones) if a good prospect falls in to their laps.  Unfortunately, the way the FSU linebacker transfer Luc worked out does not make it look that way.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9070 on: April 17, 2013, 12:47:51 PM »

I always tell myself he could make some of the marginal HS recruits gray shirt (especially instate ones) if a good prospect falls in to their laps.  Unfortunately, the way the FSU linebacker transfer Luc worked out does not make it look that way.

I feel like the greyshirt thing needs to be decided before they actually sign. We usually have several greyshirt kids and I don't think they actually sign a LOI but I may be wrong about that.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9071 on: April 17, 2013, 12:50:41 PM »

I think we just messed that one up and (hopefully) learned from it.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #9072 on: April 17, 2013, 01:03:33 PM »
I've never really understood why we grey shirt. To me it's like if they aren't good enough for a scholly this year, why waste one on them for next?  It's not like we're chock full of four and five stars and a really good three star wants to commit but we're all full.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #9073 on: April 17, 2013, 01:04:55 PM »
I've never really understood why we grey shirt. To me it's like if they aren't good enough for a scholly this year, why waste one on them for next?  It's not like we're chock full of four and five stars and a really good three star wants to commit but we're all full.

because our crap recruiters aren't going to be able to land anyone worth a scholly next year either

Offline ManBearTurkey

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9074 on: April 17, 2013, 01:06:38 PM »
Jimmie Swain IV:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1332538/highlights/25488376

I haven't seen this kid mentioned in here.

He has a great offer list and there's a good chance we can land this kid.

Landing him keeps that KC momentum going.