Author Topic: Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 5623743 times)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #8300 on: February 04, 2013, 10:17:52 PM »
I'm curious as to how people don't understand the consequences of an armed robbery conviction.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #8301 on: February 04, 2013, 10:18:54 PM »
I'm curious as to how people don't understand the consequences of an armed robbery conviction.

Yeah, if he's convicted, he's doing hard prison time.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #8302 on: February 04, 2013, 10:24:14 PM »
If he pleas out he's prolly doing hard prison time.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8303 on: February 04, 2013, 10:24:23 PM »

Conviction, yes.   So far all we have is an arrest.   Obviously, he's not playing football for anyone if he gets convicted.   

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8304 on: February 04, 2013, 10:26:23 PM »
we are done with him.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #8305 on: February 04, 2013, 10:33:44 PM »

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8306 on: February 04, 2013, 10:45:06 PM »
How many gray shirts can we offer now that this scholly has opened up?

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8307 on: February 04, 2013, 10:53:38 PM »

the sky is the limit

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #8308 on: February 04, 2013, 11:28:17 PM »

Yeah, if he's convicted, he's doing hard prison time.

I found this picture of some of his new team(in)mates online...

bears are fast...

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8309 on: February 05, 2013, 01:12:05 AM »
Was watching some film on Bryce Fitzner (good size, needs to work on agility) and discovered his Junior RB teammate. Could not find him anywhere but hudl and max preps.... guy looks pretty good.. maybe a future LHCBS DITR??

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/632071/highlights/40754381

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #8310 on: February 05, 2013, 02:38:26 AM »
Boyd is a minor and he wasn't going to play for us for at least another year. So things might not change for us in some weird ass way. Things will just change for him.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #8311 on: February 05, 2013, 07:48:40 AM »
Some of you dumbasses should probably read this.

Leland

GoPowercat Ring of Fame member
Post #15856
Buckhead, USA

this morning's KSU Sports Extra from kstatesports.com...   
WILDCATS INTO 'ATHLETES' NOT 'STARS'

By Mark Janssen

People in the recruiting service business make a living out of assigning "Star" values to 15-, 16-, 17- and 18-year olds. Heck, these days probably 11-year-olds.

While those "Star" assigners sometimes have never actually seen these Friday night sensations ever take a snap in person, fans froth at the mouth when that 5-Star running back, and that 4-Star receiver says that "their school" is on his final-five list.

It's that time of the year again ? Wednesday, Feb. 6, to be exact ? that recruiting classes for football will be announced.

Historically, K-State is in the lower-half of Big 12 recruiting harvests.

Historically, K-State is in the upper-half … this year Big 12 champions to be exact … on the field with those mid-profile talents.

At K-State, offensive coordinator Del Miller says, "I think you need to make your own rankings, your own evaluations on how they will fit into your program.

"I think we've always found kids that people haven't noticed, and then we've been very, very good in terms of the development of players," said Miller.

Co-coordinator Dana Dimel added, "We're a blue collar-type program. We'll be happy to take the legitimate 4- and 5-Star guy, but a lot of times he's not the best football player for what we want. I'm not a great believer at all in the recruiting rating system. We don't look at Stars, we evaluate players."

Dimel added that K-State's philosophy is "… not to get caught up in the hype. Some people try to win the recruiting war. We want to win games on Saturday. We're never going to take a 4-Star player to make people excited. We're going to take the 2- and 3-Star guy who fits into our program."

The only 4- and 5-Star players on the 2012 roster were linebacker Arthur Brown and wide receiver Chris Harper. Both, however, attended other Division I universities before transferring to K-State. Brown started his career at Miami; Harper first played at Oregon.

"In my years at K-State, we've maybe had two 4- or 5-Star players," said Miller. "They just haven't been very successful for us, but we have an awful lot of 3-Stars that are playing in the NFL right now."

Another avenue that Kansas State has had great success is through the community college ranks. On this year's team were Meshak Williams, John Sua, Vai Luthui, Adam Davis, Justin Tuggle, Allen Chapman, Jarard Milo and Nigel Malone.

"Our key has been the acceptance of them (transfers) by other players already on the team. It's not an abnormal thing for us, while other schools maybe only take one or two," said Miller. "When they come in, they're accepted and become part of the group right away."

There's nothing that helps recruiting classes more than winning.

In the last two years, K-State has won 21 games overall and 15 Big 12 games. No Big 12 team has more league wins; no Big 12 team has more overall wins. In the last three years K-State has 28 wins overall and 18 conference Ws.

"Last year we didn't get in that many more doors than before, but now with our success over three years we're getting in more doors," said Dimel of K-State's in-home visits.

DEFINITION OF A NATIONAL LETTER OF INTENT: What does it mean when a player signs a national letter of intent as hundreds of Friday Night Heroes will do on Wednesday?

The signing rule started in 1964 with seven conferences and eight independent schools. Today, 627 Division I and Division II school participate in national letter of intent signings.

According to the NCAA, "The NLI is a voluntary program with regard to both institutions and student-athletes. No prospective student-athlete or parent is required to sign the National Letter of Intent, and no institution is required to join the program."

By signing a National Letter of Intent, a prospective student-athlete agrees to attend the designated college or university for one academic year. Pursuant to the terms of the National Letter of Intent program, participating institutions agree to provide athletics financial aid to the student-athlete, provided he/she is admitted to the institution and is eligible for financial aid under NCAA rules.

An important provision of the NLI program is a recruiting prohibition applied after a prospective student-athlete signs a Letter of Intent. This prohibition requires participating institutions to cease recruitment of a prospective student-athlete once a National Letter of Intent is signed with another institution.

The National Letter of Intent has many advantages to both prospective student-athletes and participating educational institutions:
? Once a National Letter of Intent is signed, prospective student-athletes are no longer subject to further recruiting contacts and calls.
? Student-athletes are assured of an athletics scholarship for a minimum of one full academic year.
? By emphasizing a commitment to an educational institution, not particular coaches or teams, the program focuses on a prospective student-athlete's educational objectives.

We hope you enjoy K-State Sports Extra. We would like to hear your comments and any story ideas for future emails, so fire them our way. Contact either Mark Janssen at [email protected], or Kansas State Director of Athletic Communications/SID Kenny Lannou at [email protected]. For those who would like to share Sports Extra with a friend or family member, or change your current email address, click here.
2/5 7:42 AM | IP: Logged

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #8312 on: February 05, 2013, 08:14:47 AM »
WELP!

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8313 on: February 05, 2013, 08:20:41 AM »
D. Scott is probably furious right now because Leland just posted his fluff piece for tomorrow that Janssen already wrote. 
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #8314 on: February 05, 2013, 08:27:43 AM »
We're getting in more doors
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8315 on: February 05, 2013, 09:16:29 AM »
Some of you dumbasses should probably read this.

Leland

GoPowercat Ring of Fame member
Post #15856
Buckhead, USA

this morning's KSU Sports Extra from kstatesports.com...   
WILDCATS INTO 'ATHLETES' NOT 'STARS'

By Mark Janssen

People in the recruiting service business make a living out of assigning "Star" values to 15-, 16-, 17- and 18-year olds. Heck, these days probably 11-year-olds.

While those "Star" assigners sometimes have never actually seen these Friday night sensations ever take a snap in person, fans froth at the mouth when that 5-Star running back, and that 4-Star receiver says that "their school" is on his final-five list.

It's that time of the year again ? Wednesday, Feb. 6, to be exact ? that recruiting classes for football will be announced.

Historically, K-State is in the lower-half of Big 12 recruiting harvests.

Historically, K-State is in the upper-half … this year Big 12 champions to be exact … on the field with those mid-profile talents.

At K-State, offensive coordinator Del Miller says, "I think you need to make your own rankings, your own evaluations on how they will fit into your program.

"I think we've always found kids that people haven't noticed, and then we've been very, very good in terms of the development of players," said Miller.

Co-coordinator Dana Dimel added, "We're a blue collar-type program. We'll be happy to take the legitimate 4- and 5-Star guy, but a lot of times he's not the best football player for what we want. I'm not a great believer at all in the recruiting rating system. We don't look at Stars, we evaluate players."

Dimel added that K-State's philosophy is "… not to get caught up in the hype. Some people try to win the recruiting war. We want to win games on Saturday. We're never going to take a 4-Star player to make people excited. We're going to take the 2- and 3-Star guy who fits into our program."

The only 4- and 5-Star players on the 2012 roster were linebacker Arthur Brown and wide receiver Chris Harper. Both, however, attended other Division I universities before transferring to K-State. Brown started his career at Miami; Harper first played at Oregon.

"In my years at K-State, we've maybe had two 4- or 5-Star players," said Miller. "They just haven't been very successful for us, but we have an awful lot of 3-Stars that are playing in the NFL right now."

Another avenue that Kansas State has had great success is through the community college ranks. On this year's team were Meshak Williams, John Sua, Vai Luthui, Adam Davis, Justin Tuggle, Allen Chapman, Jarard Milo and Nigel Malone.

"Our key has been the acceptance of them (transfers) by other players already on the team. It's not an abnormal thing for us, while other schools maybe only take one or two," said Miller. "When they come in, they're accepted and become part of the group right away."

There's nothing that helps recruiting classes more than winning.

In the last two years, K-State has won 21 games overall and 15 Big 12 games. No Big 12 team has more league wins; no Big 12 team has more overall wins. In the last three years K-State has 28 wins overall and 18 conference Ws.

"Last year we didn't get in that many more doors than before, but now with our success over three years we're getting in more doors," said Dimel of K-State's in-home visits.

DEFINITION OF A NATIONAL LETTER OF INTENT: What does it mean when a player signs a national letter of intent as hundreds of Friday Night Heroes will do on Wednesday?

The signing rule started in 1964 with seven conferences and eight independent schools. Today, 627 Division I and Division II school participate in national letter of intent signings.

According to the NCAA, "The NLI is a voluntary program with regard to both institutions and student-athletes. No prospective student-athlete or parent is required to sign the National Letter of Intent, and no institution is required to join the program."

By signing a National Letter of Intent, a prospective student-athlete agrees to attend the designated college or university for one academic year. Pursuant to the terms of the National Letter of Intent program, participating institutions agree to provide athletics financial aid to the student-athlete, provided he/she is admitted to the institution and is eligible for financial aid under NCAA rules.

An important provision of the NLI program is a recruiting prohibition applied after a prospective student-athlete signs a Letter of Intent. This prohibition requires participating institutions to cease recruitment of a prospective student-athlete once a National Letter of Intent is signed with another institution.

The National Letter of Intent has many advantages to both prospective student-athletes and participating educational institutions:
? Once a National Letter of Intent is signed, prospective student-athletes are no longer subject to further recruiting contacts and calls.
? Student-athletes are assured of an athletics scholarship for a minimum of one full academic year.
? By emphasizing a commitment to an educational institution, not particular coaches or teams, the program focuses on a prospective student-athlete's educational objectives.

We hope you enjoy K-State Sports Extra. We would like to hear your comments and any story ideas for future emails, so fire them our way. Contact either Mark Janssen at [email protected], or Kansas State Director of Athletic Communications/SID Kenny Lannou at [email protected]. For those who would like to share Sports Extra with a friend or family member, or change your current email address, click here.
2/5 7:42 AM | IP: Logged

Yup, I read that this morning and was like, that is truely pathetic.  Can't they just admit that they try to recruit some studs, but that they suck so hard at it, that they can't "close the deal"?
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8316 on: February 05, 2013, 09:54:14 AM »
hate dumb crap talking points like that. Two of our best players were high star guys that we got in as transfers.

Offline qatzmanchu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8317 on: February 05, 2013, 10:41:48 AM »
Could we sound anymore losery

"We would love to smash hotties, but we had a realshionship or two in the past that didnt work out. So we are sticking to fatchicks. Plus fat chicks just try harder."

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8318 on: February 05, 2013, 10:50:21 AM »
LOL, at our recruiting experts. I just like the results.
RIP Fatty

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8319 on: February 05, 2013, 10:55:53 AM »

the sky is the limit

:lynchmob:

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #8320 on: February 05, 2013, 11:32:15 AM »
We literally have some of the dumbest people covering K-State sports imaginable.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline qatzmanchu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8321 on: February 05, 2013, 11:50:32 AM »
LOL, at our recruiting experts. I just like the results.
We are recruting hipsters. We were into Jucos before it was cool. We were into greyshirts before it was cool. Might start getting into oragneshirts, but we got to wait and make sure it doesnt go mainstream. We only seem to like recruits that nobody else likes.

We are who we are. Should just put on some thick black glasses with no rims and embrace it I guess.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8322 on: February 05, 2013, 12:01:48 PM »
We literally have some of the dumbest people covering K-State sports imaginable.

It is amazing.  and sad

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8323 on: February 05, 2013, 12:35:53 PM »
I remember my first year on GPC. I got all worked up over recruiting. I followed it, posted stupid dancing pengins every time we got a commitment and then vented and called 18 years old's dumb asses for not committing or decommitting.

I've moved on. So should you.
RIP Fatty

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8324 on: February 05, 2013, 01:55:40 PM »
Our good friend Randy Rodgers (of Randy Rodgers Recruiting fame (and he sired Jeff Rodgers)) explains the different colors of shirting(Red, Green, Gray):
http://randyrodgersrecruiting.com/_d_storyDescription.asp?id=58

Brainstorm: K-State should explore "grayer"shirting.   Getting recruits to sit out 2 or more semesters before enrolling sounds like something we would be willing to try.