Author Topic: Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 5620745 times)

Offline bfred

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #200 on: May 02, 2010, 02:00:16 AM »
anyone else feel like we are owning Tulsa right now? We are taking all of their recruits

Yes.  And it feels amazing.

The question is, will be able to sustain this same sort of recruiting dominance when we're in the same conference?!!?!

What are you talking about? Arkansas is the one that will take Misery's spot in the Big 12, not Tulsa

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 02, 2010, 02:29:11 AM »
+1.  Clearly Arkansas would be super excited to leave the SEC for the sinking ship that is the Big 12.

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 02, 2010, 07:49:08 PM »
Curry Sexton on Bubba Starling
"he was at the ku @ kstate basketball game and i sat with him and he seemed to be having a good time, but from what i hear its alabama or notre dame with ku as the longshot"
 who cares, we have our black dual threat
EMAW

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 02, 2010, 08:03:41 PM »
"he was at the ku @ kstate basketball game and i sat with him and he seemed to be having a good time, but from what i hear its alabama or notre dame with ku as the longshot"

Curry is turning in to quite the little recruiting expert. Hey, if he ends up sucking then at least we have an "inside source."

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 02, 2010, 08:04:25 PM »

Curry is turning in to quite the little recruiting expert. Hey, if he ends up sucking then at least we have an "inside source."
He tells me everything i want to know. Very open.
EMAW

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 02, 2010, 09:43:05 PM »
I thought Starling was going to stick to baseball and get drafted?

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 02, 2010, 09:53:08 PM »
Depends how highly he gets drafted.  Makes no sense not to take the money and pro baseball a shot.  You can always come back and play football if you don't pan out, the team that drafts you will even pay for your tuition.

Offline JD Thundercat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 02, 2010, 11:48:02 PM »
I thought Starling was going to stick to baseball and get drafted?

I remember some tard over on Fitzy's site trying to claim Bubba had signed with the Mets sometime last year. This guy was insistant that he somehow bypassed the rules of the MLB draft in ways that even Scott Boras hasn't found. Made for a good  :popcorn: thread over there

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 04, 2010, 12:39:48 AM »
Bubba Starling can go to Alabama and sit on the bench for a year or two and then consider transferring back to kansas state. thats how it will end up anyway. Daniel Sams <3
EMAW

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 04, 2010, 06:55:22 AM »
So we're getting Antonio Gates?? Awesome. 

Yep, solid poster over on GPC says that his route running reminds him of Antonio Gates.  Again, it comes from a pretty solid poster.  Guy has been dead-on with his questions about this sketchy Daniel Sams "deal."

Yeah, I've seen that dudes work.   Straight, succinct, to the point . . . healthy.

Don't plan on seeing it in the future.....SINCE HE'S BLACKLISTED  :angry:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: May 04, 2010, 01:56:26 PM »
Quote from: Lockett
I want to take a redshirt my first year so I can get stronger, faster and comfortable with the offense.  That will also help me a lot of with my school work while I'm a freshman and majoring in business.

My longterm goal over my career is to give it all I have and help turn the program back around again.  Get Kansas State to where it was when my dad and uncle went there, that's what I want to do.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 04, 2010, 02:52:17 PM »
Tyler Informed me he will be wearing the number 12.
EMAW

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 04, 2010, 03:54:09 PM »
12 is also the amount of catches he will have in his career.

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 04, 2010, 04:45:43 PM »
Really hope Kansas State coaches recruit really well this year.

5 - 5*
14 - 4*
5 - 3*
1 - NR

It's possible we're on pace.

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 04, 2010, 04:47:14 PM »
12 is also the amount of catches he will have in his career.
Why so negative.
EMAW

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 04, 2010, 04:56:41 PM »
Lockett hasnt given me any reason to think he won't be a solid WR for us eventually.

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 04, 2010, 05:00:54 PM »

BUT BUT HE'S A LOCKETT!!!!
EMAW

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 04, 2010, 05:24:00 PM »
Junior receiver Allen McCord Jr. (Houston/Washington) is receiving interest from Louisiana-Lafayette, Air Force, Kansas State, Houston and Iowa State

Junior defensive back Lathan Smith (Katy, Texas/Seven Lakes) is hearing from Air Force, Kansas State, Army and others.

Link
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 10, 2010, 08:41:13 PM »
I want to take a redshirt my first year so I can get stronger, faster and comfortable with the offense.  That will also help me a lot of with my school work while I'm a freshman and majoring in business.

My longterm goal over my career is to give it all I have and help turn the program back around again.  Get Kansas State to where it was when my dad and uncle went there, that's what I want to do.

A whole new generation of the university's frat guys have to compete with the Baby Faced Assasin 2.0.  My lord.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 12, 2010, 07:51:28 AM »

A whole new generation of the university's frat guys have to compete with the Baby Faced Assasin 2.0.  My lord.
they can try to compete, like many of us did.  but they too will fall flat on their faces like we did.  you can't compete with the baby faced assasins, at any time, ever. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 12, 2010, 07:51:59 AM »
by the way, this morning was the first time i've read this thread.  it's hilarious.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 12, 2010, 08:31:04 AM »

they can try to compete, like many of us did.  but they too will fall flat on their faces like we did.  you can't compete with the baby faced assasins, at any time, ever. 

True Story:

Limestone and I had a black guy in our fraternity (that's not the "true story" part, but was fairly remarkable) who was good with the ladies, and we use to hit the bars with him regularly.  Every time we were in a bar and the Baby Faced Assassin walked in, our friend would make us leave the bar.  See, he understood that like the Highlander, there could only be one in the bar (gorgeous black guy, that is).   

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 12, 2010, 01:55:41 PM »
You guys ever see Beard in action?  Maybe not a fulfledged BFA, but at least a journeymen.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 13, 2010, 03:00:36 PM »
Beard?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 13, 2010, 03:17:20 PM »

True Story:

Limestone and I had a black guy in our fraternity (that's not the "true story" part, but was fairly remarkable) who was good with the ladies, and we use to hit the bars with him regularly.  Every time we were in a bar and the Baby Faced Assassin walked in, our friend would make us leave the bar.  See, he understood that like the Highlander, there could only be one in the bar (gorgeous black guy, that is).   

yeah. that black guy was my roommate for 2.5 yrs. left plenty of bars because of the bfa. better to just cut your losses.