Author Topic: Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 5739435 times)

Poster formerly known as jthutch (+ 1 Hidden) and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #4725 on: October 22, 2012, 12:53:01 PM »
Conway Springs had to rely on Wood (6-foot-5, 240 pounds), who has made an oral commitment to Kansas State, because the Cardinals’ defense struggled to stop Chaparral.

It was a back-and-forth game that was tied at 48-all midway through the third quarter

OK. Feeling a little better about this one.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4726 on: October 22, 2012, 02:06:03 PM »
Conway Springs had to rely on Wood (6-foot-5, 240 pounds), who has made an oral commitment to Kansas State, because the Cardinals’ defense struggled to stop Chaparral.

It was a back-and-forth game that was tied at 48-all midway through the third quarter

Chaparral had about 80,000 passing yards in that game.

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4727 on: October 22, 2012, 03:03:54 PM »
Tanner woods ran for over 600 yards with 9tds last night.  If we didn't have #LIFE he could be another Klein, similar size, don't know if he can throw

Dude doesn't even play QB, does he? I thought he was an OLB/RB?  Regardless, he'll make a nice LB/DE for us.

Yes.  He can throw.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 03:23:17 PM by Ira Hayes »

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4728 on: October 22, 2012, 03:49:13 PM »

:gocho:

Offline Ich.Gewinne

• Combo-Fan
  • Mumble Rap Is Great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4730 on: October 22, 2012, 09:06:20 PM »
Zeke is good. Bishop Carroll has been producing some great QB's lately. Watched Blake Bell play vs my high school, Hutch High, at sub-state  :thumbsup: Crazy crazy..
Back for more bad takes.

Offline jdagg2003

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4731 on: October 23, 2012, 12:59:40 AM »

:gocho:

Chaparrals QB Zack Duwe actually broke the state passing record in the same game with 521 yards.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4732 on: October 23, 2012, 07:38:55 AM »
lol at that game

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #4733 on: October 23, 2012, 01:23:27 PM »
Kellis Robinett ?@KellisRobinett
On conference call yesterday, LHC Bill Snyder said he was in the middle of nowhere. Today he admits he was in Quinlan, Texas.

Any idea who he was there for?

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #4734 on: October 23, 2012, 01:32:47 PM »
On conference call yesterday, LHC Bill Snyder said he was in the middle of nowhere. Today he admits he was in Quinlan, Texas.

On his way to Lubbock to make a delivery with smokey on his tail?   :dunno:

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4735 on: October 23, 2012, 01:35:39 PM »

There is one high school in Quinlan: Ford High School

They use the PowerCat logo.

Must have been there to collect his $1 royalty payment.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4736 on: October 23, 2012, 02:19:01 PM »
lol at that game

AMAZING

LMAO at a 6-5 240 guy playing RB against CHAPARRAL

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #4737 on: October 23, 2012, 08:10:46 PM »
@CoolJones_ just got off the phone with Kansas State ... official visit, december 1st for the Texas game #EMAW

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4738 on: October 23, 2012, 08:28:55 PM »
@CoolJones_ just got off the phone with Kansas State ... official visit, december 1st for the Texas game #EMAW

which jones is this?(other than the cool one of course)

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4739 on: October 23, 2012, 08:29:51 PM »
Man you found that out fast! I love hearing about KSU Recruiting news, I'm hoping for great things along with this fantastic season.

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4740 on: October 23, 2012, 08:30:12 PM »

Riyahd http://247sports.com/Player/Riyahd-Jones-7181

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4741 on: October 23, 2012, 08:39:53 PM »

Riyahd http://247sports.com/Player/Riyahd-Jones-7181

ah yes riyahd, hopefully ole miss gets piss pounded on his visit there

Offline ManBearPig

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4742 on: October 23, 2012, 08:56:00 PM »
Travis Green, currently the starting LB at Iowa Western C.C., and former commit/placement by K-State two years ago is having himself a nice season along with current targets Devon Nash, and Jake Waters. He's stated that he still has lots of interest in us and is planning on visiting. Here's a recent write-up on him from the Wyoming Rivals site.

http://kansasstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1426281

http://rivals.yahoo.com/kansasstate/football/recruiting/player-Travis-Green-143435
THE_ED'S STAYING ALIVE GAME CHAMPION

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4743 on: October 23, 2012, 09:13:44 PM »
Travis Green, currently the starting LB at Iowa Western C.C., and former commit/placement by K-State two years ago is having himself a nice season along with current targets Devon Nash, and Jake Waters. He's stated that he still has lots of interest in us and is planning on visiting. Here's a recent write-up on him from the Wyoming Rivals site.

http://kansasstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1426281

http://rivals.yahoo.com/kansasstate/football/recruiting/player-Travis-Green-143435

One-  DADDY LIKEY!
Two-  None of us can read that article dood.  C+P, TIA!

Offline ManBearPig

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4744 on: October 23, 2012, 09:29:46 PM »
Green will have three years to play three years for a Division I school.
Green prepped at Omaha North High School before leaving for Dodge City Community College. He redshirted last year and decided he was ready to come back to the Omaha/Council Bluffs area he grew up.

"I didn't like it down in Kansas, so I called Coach Strohmeier to see if he had some room on the roster," Green said. "I liked the team in Dodge, but I didn't think I would have gotten developed like I have this year."

This year has been something special for both Green and the Reivers (a river pirate) of Iowa Western. The Reivers are allowing just 15 points and about 260 total yards per game, while racking up an average of 67 points per contest. Last weekend Iowa Western thrashed rival Iowa Central 73-7.

Individually, Green has accounted for 52 tackles, seven for loss and two interceptions.

"He started the first four games at outside linebacker," said IWCC recruiting coordinator and offensive coordiinator Mike Strohmeier. "We moved him to strong safety for the last three or four. We want to get the best 11 on the field. He played strong safety in the spring. I'd project him at the next level as an outside backer. He has been the player of the week for our team the last two weeks."

The coaches at Wyoming are hoping he spends his time at the next level in Laramie, but they will have battle schools such as Kansas State, Florida Atlantic, Florida International, Troy and Iowa State for his services. Green said he thought several of those schools were close to offering a scholarship based on his highlight tape.

"I think I am a really good tackler - a sure tackler," Green said. "I am good at coverage and picking plays apart. I can scheme what is going on. When it is in a game situation, I turn into a different guy. I turn into a mad scientist. I dissect the game. It seems like everything we work on during the week just pops out in the game."

Green said his call from Wyoming was a welcome surprise and he is looking into Wyoming as well as planning for an official visit.

"When they called me they said they were interested and they were going to shoot me an offer," Green said of Wyoming. "They said they were looking for some linebackers and they were going to recruit me for that. I think I can be successful in the nickel spot or come down and play in the box. Kansas State was telling me they wanted me to play safety and linebacker as well."

Green said he plans to take some visits before he commits and said Wyoming and Kansas State are two schools he is definitely visiting. Florida Atlantic is also a potential visit site, depending on what other schools offer a scholarship.

For Green, a strong education and a football coach that can pull the best out of him are the driving forces in his college decision. He said his visits will help, but also a strong criminal justice program or education program will be important as well.

"My major and the team chemistry are important," Green said. "Also, the building of the team. Can it be turned around or can it be great? Am I going to be able to play a nice role in that school's formation? Another thing is the coaching. Can someone coach me the right way, get me through the right way and academically make my career be successful.

"School matters and education is the key."
THE_ED'S STAYING ALIVE GAME CHAMPION

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4745 on: October 24, 2012, 03:47:43 AM »
Jones:
"Kansas State and Ole Miss are my top two," Jones said via text message. "K-State has a slight lead over Ole Miss though."

Trevor Walker:
"I will ask to visit on an official if they want to," explains the future safety product. "I know they have been busy with the season this year."

"I've only been in contact with them a few times this fall, but I understand that they work slow and aren't in a rush to get kids to commit."

"Look at where any of my offers are in the BCS standings," says Walker, who holds 24 scholarships from the likes of Arizona State, Boise State, Duke, and Oklahoma State to name a few who are having productive seasons. "Then look at K-State."

"Yes, I definitely have interest in them."

Dakota Austin:
"Right now, it's between Oklahoma and Kansas State," says the 5-foot-11 defender. "It's a really hard decision if they were to offer."

"They have both yet to offer," the three-star explains. "Kansas State is the closest to offering probably and I might just commit on the spot."

« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 06:21:11 AM by Benja »

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4746 on: October 24, 2012, 07:32:24 AM »
 We are irresistable!  :billdance:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4747 on: October 24, 2012, 07:56:48 AM »
Tanner woods ran for over 600 yards with 9tds last night.  If we didn't have #LIFE he could be another Klein, similar size, don't know if he can throw

Dude doesn't even play QB, does he? I thought he was an OLB/RB?  Regardless, he'll make a nice LB/DE for us.

Yes.  He can throw.

No he can't

link: me watching him virtually every week the last 3 years
lol javelin

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #4748 on: October 24, 2012, 08:21:34 AM »
Jones:
"Kansas State and Ole Miss are my top two," Jones said via text message. "K-State has a slight lead over Ole Miss though."

Trevor Walker:
"I will ask to visit on an official if they want to," explains the future safety product. "I know they have been busy with the season this year."

"I've only been in contact with them a few times this fall, but I understand that they work slow and aren't in a rush to get kids to commit."

"Look at where any of my offers are in the BCS standings," says Walker, who holds 24 scholarships from the likes of Arizona State, Boise State, Duke, and Oklahoma State to name a few who are having productive seasons. "Then look at K-State."

"Yes, I definitely have interest in them."

Dakota Austin:
"Right now, it's between Oklahoma and Kansas State," says the 5-foot-11 defender. "It's a really hard decision if they were to offer."

"They have both yet to offer," the three-star explains. "Kansas State is the closest to offering probably and I might just commit on the spot."

WHAT THE eff IS GOING ON OMG :runaway:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4749 on: October 24, 2012, 08:44:27 AM »
JFC, Bill, just fax Dakota an offer!!!!