Author Topic: Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 5519415 times)

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #28100 on: August 05, 2022, 08:30:06 PM »
Would be really great if he commits to KSU every month or so!    :popcorn:

Online KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #28101 on: August 05, 2022, 08:32:26 PM »
"thanks for the follows ND, I'm still a cat"
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28102 on: August 05, 2022, 09:53:00 PM »
Did he visit Oregon?

Unless he took a secret visit the last couple of days, no he didn't. They were his last offer tho

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28103 on: August 06, 2022, 12:09:05 PM »
Didn't watch, but ND for him
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #28104 on: August 06, 2022, 12:17:34 PM »
They gonna lose Avery too?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28105 on: August 06, 2022, 12:27:58 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28106 on: August 06, 2022, 12:29:58 PM »

I did watch and it sounds like he always wanted to go to Notre Dame and he was just waiting for an offer. He committed to K-State to make his dad happy, we were never his first choice. Of course that won't stop grown men from behaving like slave catchers.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28107 on: August 06, 2022, 12:51:36 PM »
dream school but also begging clemson for an offer.

is he a bad kid? no. he's just a kid but it's fine to criticize. just not directly to him, because that's super lame. but his ego is out of control and clout is his top priority. kstate is the perfect situation for him, we would have utilized him well. little does he know, being deuce vaughn has way more clout than being the 3rd down back punt returner guy at ND, even if he was super elite in that role. he could have been the bus driver, instead he's the bus rider. although he might've been the bus rider anyways if we land randle :driving:

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28108 on: August 06, 2022, 01:42:15 PM »

I did watch and it sounds like he always wanted to go to Notre Dame and he was just waiting for an offer. He committed to K-State to make his dad happy, we were never his first choice. Of course that won't stop grown men from behaving like slave catchers.
Makes sense if he committed on fathers day like the stories were saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28109 on: August 06, 2022, 01:45:52 PM »
John Randle come on down
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28110 on: August 06, 2022, 02:50:09 PM »

is he a bad kid? no. he's just a kid but it's fine to criticize. just not directly to him, because that's super lame. but his ego is out of control and clout is his top priority. kstate is the perfect situation for him, we would have utilized him well. little does he know, being deuce vaughn has way more clout than being the 3rd down back punt returner guy at ND, even if he was super elite in that role. he could have been the bus driver, instead he's the bus rider. although he might've been the bus rider anyways if we land randle :driving:

that’s what i was thinking
he’s got to witness what this program can do with an undersized back, kinda weird to pass this opportunity up if you want to get to the league.  but like most athletes, he believes in himself, as he should, and believes he will earn his time.  hope he gets everything he wants.  personally I thought notre dame campus was underwhelming although i was there while they filmed rudy so there were trailers everywhere but south bend area is a shithole

ask me anything

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28111 on: August 06, 2022, 05:22:49 PM »

That Clemson thing is a rumor

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28112 on: August 06, 2022, 05:29:55 PM »

Well good for him, I was more curious if he was doing the whole fake grab at k-state then ND hat thing
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28113 on: August 06, 2022, 05:38:04 PM »

Well good for him, I was more curious if he was doing the whole fake grab at k-state then ND hat thing

Nothing at all like that. He did mention that he got angry calls and texts after his decommitment. People are so rough ridin' weird.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28114 on: August 06, 2022, 05:57:48 PM »
All of the following can be true:

1. No one should be calling/texting him. That’s absurd.
2. He spent months trying to get attention & fans to interact with him on social media. People making fun of him on social media is fine. He wanted social media discussions about him, he doesn't then get to be upset on if it’s good/bad about him. Tweeting hateful stuff at him is dumb though.
3. He reserved his spot to get ahead of two other RBs with a big ceremony knowing he was going to cancel the reservation. He screwed K-State by doing that. Fans have a right to be upset about it. I don’t have a problem complaining about him on message boards & Twitter if they aren’t tweeting at him.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28115 on: August 06, 2022, 07:07:00 PM »
Why are you stating #3 as if that's a fact? Seems like a rationalization.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28116 on: August 06, 2022, 07:21:16 PM »
Jamaal Roberts tried to commit to KSU and they turned him away for Edwards but I don’t think it’s particularly fair to say Edwards knew he was going to decommit.  This staff has effectively pulled scholarship offers for players after learning new info which is essentially the reverse of this situation. I’m not a huge fan of how Dylan and Leon conduct themselves on social but I’m sure it’s really not unique to high level recruiting.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28117 on: August 06, 2022, 07:44:23 PM »

I have a very, very hard time believing it’s a coincidence that he committed just before the last weekend of summer officials & the staff cancelled Robert’s visit, where it was reported that Roberts was going to commit. Everyone knew what was going on.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28118 on: August 06, 2022, 07:50:11 PM »
Jamaal Roberts tried to commit to KSU and they turned him away for Edwards but I don’t think it’s particularly fair to say Edwards knew he was going to decommit.  This staff has effectively pulled scholarship offers for players after learning new info which is essentially the reverse of this situation. I’m not a huge fan of how Dylan and Leon conduct themselves on social but I’m sure it’s really not unique to high level recruiting.

I don’t have an issue with them pulling offers if there’s a character/legal issue. If it’s just because they pulled the trigger on an offer too early & took the commitment then had buyers remorse on skill alone, I’d have no problem with the player & any one associated with them lighting the staff up on the internet either.

I‘d also add that 95% of how Dylan is getting treated is not unique to high level recruiting either.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 07:55:58 PM by TheHamburglar »

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28119 on: August 06, 2022, 07:58:43 PM »
Was there any stories surrounding the josh manning/dylan edwards twitter saga about Mannings first commitment announcement?  It always felt that’s where momentum came to a  halt.  Momentum being Dylan recruiting for the cats on social.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28120 on: August 06, 2022, 08:09:00 PM »
Was there any stories surrounding the josh manning/dylan edwards twitter saga about Mannings first commitment announcement?  It always felt that’s where momentum came to a  halt.  Momentum being Dylan recruiting for the cats on social.

I don’t think there was much to it, Manning announcing he was commiting caught Missouri off guard and they realized it wasn’t going to be them.  I think him committing to Mizzou was kind of the same as Dylan commiting to KSU, a lot of pressure from family.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28121 on: August 06, 2022, 08:10:45 PM »

I don’t think there was much to it, Manning announcing he was commiting caught Missouri off guard and they realized it wasn’t going to be them.  I think him committing to Mizzou was kind of the same as Dylan commiting to KSU, a lot of pressure from family.
That makes so much more sense than what i’ve seen suggested.  Thanks

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28122 on: August 06, 2022, 08:18:25 PM »

I have a very, very hard time believing it’s a coincidence that he committed just before the last weekend of summer officials & the staff cancelled Robert’s visit, where it was reported that Roberts was going to commit. Everyone knew what was going on.

In this supposed devious plan of the Edwards family did they also know the Roberts offer was going to get pulled but the staff would continue to recruit Cook and Randall? That doesn't make even the slightest bit of sense. The intent was clearly to sign three running backs, the timing of Edwards commiting didn't change that and any thoughts that it did, is absolutely laughable. I'll also point out that for this conspiracy theory to make any sense, at all, it's dependant on not only Derek Young being correct that Roberts was going to commit to K-State, but the Edwards family also had to know that and be sure of it and know that the offer would be pulled.

Derek Young and everyone else making predictions are now 1 for 4 with being sure about these high profile recruits picking K-State.

Last thing I want to point out that is that, you all who continue to talk about how much he's always loved attention and all the other foul crap the fuckheads on KSO are saying about this kid who hasn't even started his senior year of high school. If he had all these supposed red flags and the coaches not only continued to pursue him but also pull other offers from RBs who supposedly were ready to commit, what in the holy hell does that say about the judgement of the staff? Aren't they more responsible for supposedly pulling offers in this circumstance than anything Edwards did?

This reaction is silly and frankly embarrassing, we've had decommits every year and none have garnered this reaction. People got too invested then got embarrassed and they're projecting in a manner they haven't with the others and it's a shitty look. Just completely making up crap, tweeting at a teenager, shitting on his family, people saying he's selfish and a poor student, it's all a rough ridin' joke.

We got beat by the coach with the number one recruiting class in America at perhaps the most famous football program and university in the country, take the rough ridin' L, stop acting like this is the only time we'll ever be in on a big time recruit, and stop looking like desperate losers.

I love Chris Klieman but he's gotten his ass beat by Marcus Freeman twice this summer and it's going to continue to happen as long as we have recruits they want.

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #28123 on: August 06, 2022, 08:25:16 PM »

In this supposed devious plan of the Edwards family did they also know the Roberts offer was going to get pulled but the staff would continue to recruit Cook and Randall? That doesn't make even the slightest bit of sense. The intent was clearly to sign three running backs, the timing of Edwards commiting didn't change that and any thoughts that it did, is absolutely laughable. I'll also point out that for this conspiracy theory to make any sense, at all, it's dependant on not only Derek Young being correct that Roberts was going to commit to K-State, but the Edwards family also had to know that and be sure of it and know that the offer would be pulled.

Derek Young and everyone else making predictions are now 1 for 4 with being sure about these high profile recruits picking K-State.

Last thing I want to point out that is that, you all who continue to talk about how much he's always loved attention and all the other foul crap the fuckheads on KSO are saying about this kid who hasn't even started his senior year of high school. If he had all these supposed red flags and the coaches not only continued to pursue him but also pull other offers from RBs who supposedly were ready to commit, what in the holy hell does that say about the judgement of the staff? Aren't they more responsible for supposedly pulling offers in this circumstance than anything Edwards did?

This reaction is silly and frankly embarrassing, we've had decommits every year and none have garnered this reaction. People got too invested then got embarrassed and they're projecting in a manner they haven't with the others and it's a shitty look. Just completely making up crap, tweeting at a teenager, shitting on his family, people saying he's selfish and a poor student, it's all a rough ridin' joke.

We got beat by the coach with the number one recruiting class in America at perhaps the most famous football program and university in the country, take the rough ridin' L, stop acting like this is the only time we'll ever be in on a big time recruit, and stop looking like desperate losers.

I love Chris Klieman but he's gotten his ass beat by Marcus Freeman twice this summer and it's going to continue to happen as long as we have recruits they want.
Are you going to be ok?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28124 on: August 06, 2022, 08:34:08 PM »
 :excited: :curse:  :bang:
Yes, bro, it's embarrassing tho. I need to stay off of KSO.

I feel like I'm being somewhat restrained, I didn't mention plantation mindset.

My current heart rate is 58 bpm, I'm Gucci