Author Topic: Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 5519566 times)

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #28050 on: August 03, 2022, 03:31:36 PM »
Dylan seems like a high maintenance dude with little person syndrome.  This situation looks to be a blessing is disguise.

He's a 17 year old kid who's been subjected to a barrage of old people shitting on him and his dad because he doesn't like his dad's alma mater the way others think he should.

I sincerely hope we aren't expecting a high school kid to take the high road.

When I made my college choice I literally did what he did. I spent my whole life wanting to go to the school my dad did, even during my senior year. Then I had a better reason to go to K-State, a chick.

MIR, you did exactly the opposite of what my son did, but same reason.  He got several full ride FB scholarship offers, but nothing from K-State.  He didn't even research those schools and instead went to K=State against my wishes; reason a chick.  :lol:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28051 on: August 03, 2022, 04:36:32 PM »
Because guys like Chris Harper and Brod Smith and Arthur Brown won us a championship in 2012

Yea but this guy kinda gave the middle finger to the entire staff (and fans).  Did Brown brothers or CH commit to KSU and then decommit (serious question because I don't recall)?

I hope in 3 years we aren't desperate at WR to have to hit the portal and beg for the girl that cheated and left us to come back.  I don't want K-State to be a Cuck. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28052 on: August 03, 2022, 04:38:17 PM »
Who knows what his maturity level will be down the road. He’s good enough of an on field talent that you leave the door open down the line. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28053 on: August 03, 2022, 04:42:19 PM »
Who knows what his maturity level will be down the road. He’s good enough of an on field talent that you leave the door open down the line.

He could also really suck.   :dunno:

Probably not be we really have no idea.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28054 on: August 03, 2022, 04:55:36 PM »
Because guys like Chris Harper and Brod Smith and Arthur Brown won us a championship in 2012

Yea but this guy kinda gave the middle finger to the entire staff (and fans).  Did Brown brothers or CH commit to KSU and then decommit (serious question because I don't recall)?

I hope in 3 years we aren't desperate at WR to have to hit the portal and beg for the girl that cheated and left us to come back.  I don't want K-State to be a Cuck.

Chris definitely committed and then decommitted. I'm fine with us being a "cuck" if it leads to quality football. (It's a dumb phrase and thing to worry about anyway)

Offline Boakai

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28055 on: August 03, 2022, 05:05:23 PM »

Chris definitely committed and then decommitted. I'm fine with us being a "cuck" if it leads to quality football. (It's a dumb phrase and thing to worry about anyway)

Am I remembering wrong, or did his decommitting coincide with Franklin leaving? Also with Freeman here, I think Harper saw a better potential shot at QB in Oregon.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28056 on: August 03, 2022, 07:18:47 PM »
Why should the staff have any interest in him ever again?  That is like trying to bug an ex-girlfriend to like you again.  If she comes back, then you can start talking about a mending a relationship.  This isn't on K-State to have to put in effort on someone who has no interest.  Sounds like a huge waste of time.  If he enters the portal 2-3 years from now and wants to come home, then K-State can reach out one time and see if he has interest.  Otherwise...have a good life.

no offense but if you're able to get in your feelings like this because a 17 year old has trouble making decisions, let's say it's good you aren't a college football coach.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28057 on: August 03, 2022, 08:23:04 PM »
Maybe he de-committed because he found out that Randle is a Secret Commit/MysCommit.   :Wha:

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28058 on: August 03, 2022, 08:28:09 PM »
What are the odds he goes to Nebraska?  Just something way out of left field

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anything is possible. Couple predictions to ND in the last two days. Pretty sure he'll go there.

https://www.on3.com/db/dylan-edwards-39872/recruiting/139266/rpm/
Yeah, and he probably is.  But if Notre Dame is in the lead with Jeremiyah Love, I can’t imagine Edwards looking at that + the current 4* rb committed + the 3, 4* wr’s committed and think this is the best place to maximize an offensive skill set.  Im going with the theory of collecting a few more offers, then committing to Nebraska.  I’m glad he’s getting to enjoy the crap out of this process though.

it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28059 on: August 03, 2022, 08:43:30 PM »
Why should the staff have any interest in him ever again?  That is like trying to bug an ex-girlfriend to like you again.  If she comes back, then you can start talking about a mending a relationship.  This isn't on K-State to have to put in effort on someone who has no interest.  Sounds like a huge waste of time.  If he enters the portal 2-3 years from now and wants to come home, then K-State can reach out one time and see if he has interest.  Otherwise...have a good life.

no offense but if you're able to get in your feelings like this because a 17 year old has trouble making decisions, let's say it's good you aren't a college football coach.

Not quite sure what you said but my Feelings are toward wasting resources when there is a roster to fill.  It’s a business.  Gotta move on.  Plenty of talent in the pool.  Nobody knows if he will succeed at this level. 

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28060 on: August 03, 2022, 08:48:37 PM »
Maybe he de-committed because he found out that Randle is a Secret Commit/MysCommit.   :Wha:

I was thinking this as well and hope it is true.  If I remember correctly, Edwards posted the cheers emoji after Joe Jackson committed then went silent regarding Kstate after that.  Probably coincidence but I always wonder how recruits handle competition.  All schools recruit multiple position players in the same year.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28061 on: August 03, 2022, 09:48:17 PM »

Not quite sure what you said but my Feelings are toward wasting resources when there is a roster to fill.  It’s a business.  Gotta move on.  Plenty of talent in the pool.  Nobody knows if he will succeed at this level.

That's silly as crap and you must know that. College football coaches recruit literally hundreds of players every year to land 20 or so, hundreds. This isn't about "wasting resources" it's about Dylan hurting people's feelings.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #28062 on: August 03, 2022, 09:59:08 PM »
I hope they’re done with him at least for this recruiting cycle.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28063 on: August 03, 2022, 10:00:26 PM »

That's silly as crap and you must know that. College football coaches recruit literally hundreds of players every year to land 20 or so, hundreds. This isn't about "wasting resources" it's about Dylan hurting people's feelings.

Right.  And when you have one that is a strong no, you move on.  I guarantee more effort was put into Dylan than normal given his location, father, and talent.  He said so himself that we were relentless.

Also yea many feelings were hurt on how he handled it, and since then there have been other similar de-commitments from P5.  It will continue to happen, but hopefully more graceful than Dylan.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28064 on: August 03, 2022, 10:18:55 PM »
if there's one thing we seem great at, it's recruiting running backs. we lost a few similarly ranked rb's because we were recruiting edwards, and he's not even the highest guy on our board (assume randle dropped a bit in rankings because he's been at home chopping wood, taking cold showers, practicing semen retention - focusing on his grindset)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #28065 on: August 03, 2022, 10:20:14 PM »
Running backs are a dime a dozen and you really only need two decent ones on your roster and it’s just about the only position where you can come in as a true freshman and start basically immediately.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28066 on: August 03, 2022, 10:22:55 PM »
Well if the last two years don’t serve as a pretty sobering reminder that RB’s do not grow on trees I’m not sure what does
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28067 on: August 03, 2022, 10:24:21 PM »
also really helps that we're known as a running team, although simultaneously hurts our wr recruiting. we should probably try to be known as a passing team because we need like 2x more receivers

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28068 on: August 03, 2022, 10:59:27 PM »
What are the odds he goes to Nebraska?  Just something way out of left field

anything is possible. Couple predictions to ND in the last two days. Pretty sure he'll go there.

https://www.on3.com/db/dylan-edwards-39872/recruiting/139266/rpm/
Yeah, and he probably is.  But if Notre Dame is in the lead with Jeremiyah Love, I can’t imagine Edwards looking at that + the current 4* rb committed + the 3, 4* wr’s committed and think this is the best place to maximize an offensive skill set.  Im going with the theory of collecting a few more offers, then committing to Nebraska.  I’m glad he’s getting to enjoy the crap out of this process though.

What's the deal with the Oregon offer? Has he been there, he got the offer from them a couple of days before he said he's going to give his verbal. Again.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #28069 on: August 03, 2022, 11:11:21 PM »
Well if the last two years don’t serve as a pretty sobering reminder that RB’s do not grow on trees I’m not sure what does
Serviceable RBs aren't uncommon, but dudes that can house it on any given play are. I'm not convinced Edwards is actually a college RB, but he's definitely a guy that is a TD threat every single play.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28070 on: August 04, 2022, 11:56:25 AM »
there's more than just speed for big plays

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28072 on: August 04, 2022, 12:23:06 PM »
I mean, will take, finally getting some defensive guys
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28073 on: August 04, 2022, 12:27:44 PM »
You can never have too many defensive lineman from Chicago with a last name ending in SKI

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28074 on: August 04, 2022, 12:36:02 PM »
Big dude!  Love it!