Author Topic: Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 5620938 times)

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #27775 on: July 10, 2022, 06:38:30 PM »
6 of the 13 are expected to be defensive players. Now they’re all CB/S/Coverage LB types so I’d like a couple bigger boys in there too

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27776 on: July 10, 2022, 09:16:47 PM »
Had offers from ASU, Wazzu, Oregon St, and Colorado.

Also interesting that 247 now has all our commits rated as at least 3*

I feel like they give a bump an awful lot of times after a player commits to a P5 regardless.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27777 on: July 11, 2022, 02:47:27 AM »
http://www.hudl.com/video/3/12349755/6176d1fcd45ee404bc2047d8

he doesn't play for the love of the game, or to win. he plays to hurt people

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #27778 on: July 12, 2022, 07:41:50 AM »
Guys, it just dawned on me that this might be our first freshman class in the return of NCAA Football video game

Not might. Will.
goEMAW & joda got a shout out on Scott Wildcat’s podcast around the 18:00 Mark
[tweet]1546465255177461766[/tweet]?s=20&t=AeJS0tsQkWOVmL_OFHOazQ

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27779 on: July 12, 2022, 06:36:09 PM »
Guys, it just dawned on me that this might be our first freshman class in the return of NCAA Football video game

Not might. Will.
goEMAW & joda got a shout out on Scott Wildcat’s podcast around the 18:00 Mark
[tweet]1546465255177461766[/tweet]?s=20&t=AeJS0tsQkWOVmL_OFHOazQ

:adored:

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27780 on: July 12, 2022, 09:30:27 PM »
So, we have an awful lot of safeties in this class.  Which ones project to bulk up and move to LB or are we just looking for more long guys to play a hybrid position?

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27781 on: July 12, 2022, 09:42:26 PM »
So, we have an awful lot of safeties in this class.  Which ones project to bulk up and move to LB or are we just looking for more long guys to play a hybrid position?

I’ve seen Dunn listed as a LB possibility a few place. Fabris is listed at 200 lb in his recruiting profile so I’d say it’s possible he is being looked at for that transition too

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27782 on: July 12, 2022, 09:44:52 PM »
If you're a person that has a financial stake in an NIL deal with a player, wouldn't you not want them to play their final season of high school ball?  Imagine how Henry Walkers life would have been different if he had signed an NIL to play at the school of his choice not played his final season of highschool.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27783 on: July 13, 2022, 08:27:39 AM »
If you're a person that has a financial stake in an NIL deal with a player, wouldn't you not want them to play their final season of high school ball?  Imagine how Henry Walkers life would have been different if he had signed an NIL to play at the school of his choice not played his final season of highschool.

wtf are you talking about?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27784 on: July 13, 2022, 08:37:42 AM »

Yeah, weird timing and placement aside, we've already seen a prominent athlete leave high school early, ahem reclassify, to get NIL money, and it went very poorly for Quinn Ewers. NIL isn't going to be much of a game changer for people leaving high school early. There will be very few 17 year olds equipped to handle skipping a senior year of high school.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #27785 on: July 13, 2022, 11:06:50 AM »

Yeah, weird timing and placement aside, we've already seen a prominent athlete leave high school early, ahem reclassify, to get NIL money, and it went very poorly for Quinn Ewers. NIL isn't going to be much of a game changer for people leaving high school early. There will be very few 17 year olds equipped to handle skipping a senior year of high school.

How did it go poorly for him? He got big money, trained at Ohio State for a year, and then went back to his hometown school where he is probably getting big money? Seems awesome.  :dunno:

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27786 on: July 13, 2022, 12:01:37 PM »

How did it go poorly for him? He got big money, trained at Ohio State for a year, and then went back to his hometown school where he is probably getting big money? Seems awesome.  :dunno:

I imagine damaging his trajectory as a future 1st round NFL pick probably ranks among the top.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27787 on: July 13, 2022, 12:16:35 PM »

I’ve seen Dunn listed as a LB possibility a few place. Fabris is listed at 200 lb in his recruiting profile so I’d say it’s possible he is being looked at for that transition too

LFBIQ here but how does that honestly work in a 3-3-5. Do we use those like some of the 5 as a hybrid, or pull the LBs to be in the secondary as needed? I get it's probably situational but I'd feel like having more hybrid guys is better than pure LB or CB/Safety.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27788 on: July 13, 2022, 02:51:57 PM »

Uh, he moved to central Ohio and didn't play. I'm talking about on the field readiness.

Incidentally, there's been some questions as to whether he got any of that million dollars offered to him.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27789 on: July 13, 2022, 05:47:41 PM »

LFBIQ here but how does that honestly work in a 3-3-5. Do we use those like some of the 5 as a hybrid, or pull the LBs to be in the secondary as needed? I get it's probably situational but I'd feel like having more hybrid guys is better than pure LB or CB/Safety.

Likely hybrids. There’s a couple players already on the roster who came in as DB and are listed as LB (Robinson the most prominent). Those type of players will probably be moving around and expected to do different things based on down/distance.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27790 on: July 14, 2022, 03:29:41 PM »
Any mega-stud commits on the horizon?  I'm starting to get bored again.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27791 on: July 14, 2022, 04:16:36 PM »
Only mega studs left on deck are the DE from TX, Manning, and Randle.  Those probably won’t happen for another month or two if they materialize.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27792 on: July 14, 2022, 04:19:18 PM »
Only mega studs left on deck are the DE from TX, Manning, and Randle.  Those probably won’t happen for another month or two if they materialize.

Lane?
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27793 on: July 14, 2022, 06:16:15 PM »
If you ain’t got 4 stars you ain’t a mega stud bruh

Offline Cardiac Cats

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27794 on: July 14, 2022, 08:01:06 PM »

Crazy, assumed this kid was 4 stars based on his sweet one handed highlight grabs/MVReceiver at Elite 11. Size is there, hands are. Is he slow or 247 just lazy on his ranking?

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27795 on: July 14, 2022, 11:51:32 PM »
http://www.hudl.com/video/3/12349755/6176d1fcd45ee404bc2047d8

he doesn't play for the love of the game, or to win. he plays to hurt people

This dude is going to get into tons of fights. Prob get a lot of personal fouls as well. Nice!
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #27796 on: July 15, 2022, 08:54:01 AM »
There is always going to be mega studs in the rough, but those are very hard to predict. If we go opening up the three stars to just anyone to declare mega stud status, then we will have chaos.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27797 on: July 15, 2022, 09:11:23 AM »

Crazy, assumed this kid was 4 stars based on his sweet one handed highlight grabs/MVReceiver at Elite 11. Size is there, hands are. Is he slow or 247 just lazy on his ranking?

I've seen him as 4 on some services.  No idea which ones or which services are seen as most accurate.  I'm not putting him in the Johnson/Edwards tier but I think he's as good as anyone else we have committed.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27798 on: July 15, 2022, 04:17:57 PM »
I think he’s not a 4 everywhere because he looks like it won’t take much for him to break in half.

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile