Author Topic: Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 5600463 times)

Offline bananaeater

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #25400 on: July 17, 2020, 11:56:57 AM »
It's not just population density, it's being located in Texas.  Additionally, GP has built a network there over 20 years as a head coach.  Kleiman can close some ground there but it's a lot to expect after year one.  I would imagine COVID probably benefits in-state schools as well, but I'm just guessing there.
i get it. i've seen it done here before in the 90s with a very young assistant coaching staff. i understand recruiting is a lot of relationships and networks. that just means we better hire people with a lot of those.
nebraska has a couple young assistants who are getting some of the best recruits from georgia and florida. they had ties there but nebraska was smart to hire them. i'm not sure what strong ties our assistants have? we seem to have a couple that are old and dont necessarily attract young recruits and then a couple more who dont seem to have strong ties to anywhere.

It was an entirely different landscape in the 90's, and snyder was ahead of the curve compared to the rest of college football. College football caught up and we lost our edge. Snyder then failed to take advantage of those gains K-State made.

He didn't like losing 4 & 5 star recruits, so he quit in 2005.  Came back in '09 and made it public that he wasn't going to pursue recruits that didn't buy in.  In other words, he was tried of chasing after top recruits that had lots of offers.  Of course, this lead to failure once more.

Weird definition of failure. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25401 on: July 17, 2020, 03:26:03 PM »
It's not just population density, it's being located in Texas.  Additionally, GP has built a network there over 20 years as a head coach.  Kleiman can close some ground there but it's a lot to expect after year one.  I would imagine COVID probably benefits in-state schools as well, but I'm just guessing there.
i get it. i've seen it done here before in the 90s with a very young assistant coaching staff. i understand recruiting is a lot of relationships and networks. that just means we better hire people with a lot of those.
nebraska has a couple young assistants who are getting some of the best recruits from georgia and florida. they had ties there but nebraska was smart to hire them. i'm not sure what strong ties our assistants have? we seem to have a couple that are old and dont necessarily attract young recruits and then a couple more who dont seem to have strong ties to anywhere.

It was an entirely different landscape in the 90's, and snyder was ahead of the curve compared to the rest of college football. College football caught up and we lost our edge. Snyder then failed to take advantage of those gains K-State made.

He didn't like losing 4 & 5 star recruits, so he quit in 2005.  Came back in '09 and made it public that he wasn't going to pursue recruits that didn't buy in.  In other words, he was tried of chasing after top recruits that had lots of offers.  Of course, this lead to failure once more.

His last year the team was two games below .500, and were absolutely going to be worse. He had a transfer issue and the draft streak ended. After the prince recruits, draft streak, and legacies left (and we started to miss out on plenty of legacies too) the program from 2013-2018 was a slow bleed out.

Offline Dirty Deeds

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25402 on: July 17, 2020, 03:50:51 PM »

His last year the team was two games below .500, and were absolutely going to be worse. He had a transfer issue and the draft streak ended. After the prince recruits, draft streak, and legacies left (and we started to miss out on plenty of legacies too) the program from 2013-2018 was a slow bleed out.
This^^^^^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25403 on: July 19, 2020, 10:05:27 AM »
TCU has now added two 5-star transfers and another 4-star Transfer WR from nebraska who would have been their all time leading WR in program history. all with one of the smallest fanbases in the country and a run first QB

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 01:07:35 PM by bucket »

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #25405 on: July 27, 2020, 02:30:57 PM »
Five gray stars. Baller.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #25406 on: July 27, 2020, 05:46:39 PM »
He's going to be a big time stud
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25407 on: July 27, 2020, 10:16:04 PM »
He's going to be a big time stud
Hope so. his high school coaches comments were kinda concerning. his coach said he would be a great program type kid who will be a great culture fit.
those type of statements are usually reserved for walk ons

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #25408 on: July 27, 2020, 10:27:57 PM »
 He's going to be a great team player
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25409 on: July 27, 2020, 10:31:54 PM »
He is the Ronald Triplette to the two actual stud prospects we want out of Hays High School.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25410 on: July 27, 2020, 11:16:18 PM »
He is the Ronald Triplette to the two actual stud prospects we want out of Hays High School.
so i thought i saw a moderator thread on one of the paid sites that referenced Gavin Myers low perception of ksu. i didn't have access but my perception is he likes nebraska a lot more than ksu. i think we're out for their biggest stud

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25411 on: July 28, 2020, 02:42:12 PM »
 :bwpopcorn:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25412 on: July 28, 2020, 03:04:24 PM »
speaking of 5 gray stars

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2021/darell-jones-269589

suck it eastern michigan!

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25413 on: July 28, 2020, 03:14:58 PM »
speaking of 5 gray stars

another one that no other FBS school saw the potential in. Its a race between KU and KSU for which P5 school can sign the most recruits with no P5 offers.
what is it about the state of kansas that makes FBS recruits run away?

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25414 on: July 28, 2020, 03:48:05 PM »
they may be good, i dunno. i actually really liked Havelhorst's film and he apparently has pretty good speed for his size. but the small-timeyness is :dubious:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #25415 on: July 28, 2020, 04:03:48 PM »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25416 on: July 28, 2020, 04:13:01 PM »
what does "sped" mean in "spedbraet"? I don't get it and I feel like I'm missing something obvious

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25417 on: July 28, 2020, 04:46:06 PM »
Special Ed

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #25418 on: July 28, 2020, 04:53:54 PM »
speaking of 5 gray stars

I don't like his hat.. he looks like the token black friend in a early 2000s teen movie

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25419 on: July 28, 2020, 06:51:15 PM »
they may be good, i dunno. i actually really liked Havelhorst's film and he apparently has pretty good speed for his size. but the small-timeyness is :dubious:
i hope he is good. but the facts are we whiffed on all our top guys and only went to these KS kids afterwards. we haven't won a recruit against a legit program in a long time now

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #25420 on: July 28, 2020, 08:22:31 PM »
Looks like another commit came in tonight

https://twitter.com/spedbraet/status/1288282767197966342?s=19

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25421 on: July 28, 2020, 08:28:17 PM »
The world needs class fillers too
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile