Author Topic: Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 5962035 times)

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #16475 on: May 29, 2014, 04:20:49 PM »
So is he any good?
DIR. Great size. Compares his skills to Klein and Tebow.  :Ugh:
So he can't throw?

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16476 on: May 29, 2014, 04:28:42 PM »
So is he any good?
DIR. Great size. Compares his skills to Klein and Tebow.  :Ugh:
Who made that comparison?  Wally or Laird?  Not that it matters much either way.  I found some highlights, he does seem to have a nice arm.
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/552594/taylor-laird

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #16477 on: May 29, 2014, 04:29:58 PM »
Back in 2012, a quarterback from Oakmont High in Roseville, Calif. made a national name for himself off a single trick play known simply as 'The Bouquet Toss'.
As amazing a play as it was, not even the notoriety of an internet sensation along with 25 total touchdowns, 1,859 passing yards, and 668 rushing yards could combine to form legitimate interest towards a collegiate scholarship. Thus, the dual-threat signal-caller moved a short distance north to become a Sacramento City Panther and compete for a starting job.

By last fall, after only a summer in the program, head coach Dannie Walker named his starter, the 6-foot-4 trickster from Roseville.

Laird is expected to announce his decision to attend K-State in the coming days.
In game one, Sacramento City once again needed a special performance to narrowly squeak by Sierra, 37-31 in overtime, and again it was all thanks to a sensational performance from the quarterback position, as the first-time starter racked up 474 yards with five touchdowns.

But, just as soon as his talents began receiving significant interest, Week 2 came and went along with any real hope of FBS attention.

And so goes the story of Taylor Laird's high school and junior college recruitment.

"It was the third quarter of the second game against American River when I heard something pop on a play," recalls Laird of the sack that finished his freshman season of junior college football. "I went to get an x-ray after the game and learned I had a fracture that cracked all the way through my fibula."

"That game and a half [Laird] was playing at a level that we haven't seen here since 2009 by a kid by the name of Cody Allen," Walker stated in an article for the SacCityExpress back in October. "[Laird] was on pace to do some amazing things here from a leadership standpoint and from an athletic standpoint."

Busted up in the second game. We're recruiting him based off of a game and a half.  :lol:

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16478 on: May 29, 2014, 04:39:37 PM »
We've got open schollys, no reason not to take a chance on a QB late in the process.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #16479 on: May 29, 2014, 04:46:36 PM »
We've got open schollys, no reason not to take a chance on a QB late in the process.
True.

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16480 on: May 29, 2014, 04:57:58 PM »
True.

Yeah, looks fine. He doesn't have a RS year but he looks like a less-polished version of what we hope Ertz already is. I feel better having Jake, Ertz, Huebner, and this guy than I do having just the three we already have...
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #16481 on: May 29, 2014, 04:59:20 PM »
The 6-foot-4 trickster from Roseville.
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16482 on: May 29, 2014, 05:04:45 PM »
GPC chatter mentioned crabby's post here. A response said that there are rumors stud JUCO WR Sam Boyd might not qualify at Indiana. He's a big stud if you guys can recall.

Upon further review, Rivals doesn't even show him to be committed or signed. "High" on Indiana with interest in KSU, too.

https://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Sam-Boyd-149507

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16483 on: May 29, 2014, 05:51:13 PM »
This new qb is a YouTube sensation but I can't find crap

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16484 on: May 29, 2014, 07:48:08 PM »
GPC chatter mentioned crabby's post here. A response said that there are rumors stud JUCO WR Sam Boyd might not qualify at Indiana. He's a big stud if you guys can recall.

Upon further review, Rivals doesn't even show him to be committed or signed. "High" on Indiana with interest in KSU, too.

https://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Sam-Boyd-149507

Good size on him.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #16485 on: May 29, 2014, 09:16:11 PM »
This new qb is a YouTube sensation but I can't find crap

bears are fast...

Offline dave

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16486 on: May 29, 2014, 09:32:54 PM »
I guess he's willing to work hard

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16487 on: May 29, 2014, 11:16:14 PM »
http://www.cccaastats.org/sports/fball/2013-14/players/taylorlairdgwqn?view=gamelog

I'm a little shocked at this pickup, I can understand the desire to have another QB on the roster but this guy? It just doesn't make sense to me.

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16488 on: May 29, 2014, 11:25:07 PM »
True.

Yeah, looks fine. He doesn't have a RS year but he looks like a less-polished version of what we hope Ertz already is. I feel better having Jake, Ertz, Huebner, and this guy than I do having just the three we already have...

So he was a redshirt freshman this season in which he was injured? He would have three years at K-State, this year he will be a redshirt sophomore right?

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16489 on: May 29, 2014, 11:57:05 PM »
True.

So he was a redshirt freshman this season in which he was injured? He would have three years at K-State, this year he will be a redshirt sophomore right?

No, he'll be a RS FR this fall. Only played 1.5 games this year and broke a leg. He has 4 to play 4.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16490 on: May 30, 2014, 12:10:34 AM »
True.

No, he'll be a RS FR this fall. Only played 1.5 games this year and broke a leg. He has 4 to play 4.

Could technically apply for a medical hardship eventually as well, correct?   Maybe the guy can be moved to a another position down the road.

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16491 on: May 30, 2014, 08:02:50 AM »
Could technically apply for a medical hardship eventually as well, correct?   Maybe the guy can be moved to a another position down the road.

You would have to think that a medical hardship is a possibility. As far as other positions...I'm not sure where I see a guy like him. TE, maybe?

Offline Mr_BONES

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16492 on: May 30, 2014, 09:22:43 AM »
True.

I thought you had to take your redshirt if it was available.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16493 on: May 30, 2014, 01:11:53 PM »
Hey guys, K-State's one and only commit runs track.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16494 on: May 30, 2014, 02:10:37 PM »
True.

I thought you had to take your redshirt if it was available.

You do.   He wouldn't be able to apply for the hardship waiver until his eligibility was exhausted.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #16495 on: May 30, 2014, 04:29:49 PM »
Much like the victim, we dodged a bullet.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11005936/oklahoma-state-cowboys-freshman-rb-devon-thomas-arrested-armed-robbery-shooting-intent-kill

This is one of Cre Moore's high school teammates that we were recruiting and there were some rumblings that he was thinking of decommitting from Poke State for us at one point in time.

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16496 on: May 30, 2014, 05:52:29 PM »

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11005936/oklahoma-state-cowboys-freshman-rb-devon-thomas-arrested-armed-robbery-shooting-intent-kill

This is one of Cre Moore's high school teammates that we were recruiting and there were some rumblings that he was thinking of decommitting from Poke State for us at one point in time.

It sucks how some athletes just waste their talent. Am I the one who thinks this? No matter what the sport and or team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16497 on: May 30, 2014, 06:13:04 PM »
If Boyd is still on butlers roster I have no doubt that we can help both these young men

Offline FranklyFrankYou

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16498 on: May 30, 2014, 06:33:38 PM »

It sucks how some athletes just waste their talent. Am I the one who thinks this? No matter what the sport and or team.

It's a complete shame. I totally agree

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16499 on: May 30, 2014, 06:41:41 PM »

Its hard for me to say an athlete is wasting their talent when most people are too lazy to ever come anywhere close to their potential in whatever the career.