Author Topic: Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 5691882 times)

Offline TheFormerKCCat

• DoD/Early 90s Era EMAWr
  • Combo-Fan
  • Loyal to a fault
    • View Profile
Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #8450 on: February 07, 2013, 05:21:02 PM »
ESPN also thinks highly of Vernon Vaughn which is interesting. http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/173037/vernon-vaughn
Hey! Vaughn's form my Alma Mater in KCK! I wonder if he's related to the Vaughns I know. So, is he fast? Can he catch a ball?
 :ksu:
I'm in it purely for the entertainment value.

Offline crack on cracka

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8451 on: February 08, 2013, 08:48:20 AM »
ESPN also thinks highly of Vernon Vaughn which is interesting. http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/173037/vernon-vaughn
Hey! Vaughn's form my Alma Mater in KCK! I wonder if he's related to the Vaughns I know. So, is he fast? Can he catch a ball?
 :ksu:

You went to Sumner? I went to Ward years ago  :cyclist: I played against his dad Willie Vaughn who went to Wyandotte and he was a stud.

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8452 on: February 08, 2013, 11:28:52 AM »
When does this thread official die and a new one for 2014 get started?

I can't wait to start this  :barf: all over again....................
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8453 on: February 08, 2013, 11:31:50 AM »
When does this thread official die and a new one for 2014 get started?

I can't wait to start this  :barf: all over again....................
We recycle.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline TheFormerKCCat

• DoD/Early 90s Era EMAWr
  • Combo-Fan
  • Loyal to a fault
    • View Profile
« Reply #8454 on: February 08, 2013, 12:27:10 PM »
I played against his dad Willie Vaughn who went to Wyandotte and he was a stud.
Willie was FAST! So if Willie's his dad, then he's definitely part of the Vaughn family that I know. Hope this young guy's good!
I'm in it purely for the entertainment value.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #8455 on: February 08, 2013, 08:06:05 PM »
probably luke

hilarious to watch that monster (relative) run all over

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8456 on: February 08, 2013, 08:08:46 PM »
I mean, it looks like pee wee football with that kid who hit puberty at 4th grade

Offline KSUBrian

• Combo-Fan
  • Weird Robert is #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8457 on: February 08, 2013, 08:16:46 PM »
probably luke

hilarious to watch that monster (relative) run all over

:horrorsurprise:

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #8458 on: February 08, 2013, 08:23:25 PM »
 :surprised:

The Manhatter

GoPowercat Ring of Fame member
Post #37904
LHC Bill Snyder Family Stadium
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore   
Extremely depressed the way this recruiting class finished...   Reply
I can't see how you give this class any higher than an F for a grade.  Perhaps a D-minus.

Look, we needed to infuse speed into the secondary, shoot, the entire back 7.  we didn't do it.  Hartfield was a huge loss.  Not landing Riyahd Jones or another good athlete at corner...wow.  The fact that Morrow, in-state kid, went elsewhere...embarrassing.

Speaking of the back seven...we had two very talented and productive commits that flipped right before signing.  Spaight and Campbell.  How, in god's name, that Campbell went to Minnesota I will never figure out.  But it shook me when I heard that a week ago today the Minnesota coaches were at Hutch putting on a full-court press.  Where were our coaches?

Then there were positions like 3-Tech DT and offensive tackle.  Matters went from life-support to worse when we learned of Akinola and Clement.  Then we couldn't get a single player at either position.  The closest we landed to offensive tackle is Brager.  I realize rivals has Allen listed as a tackle...he isn't.  Allen and Najvar, like them both, but they are guards.  But defensive tackle...holly freakin' hell that was bad.

There are some bright spots.  I believe the young inside LBs will be helpful and Johnson looks extremely quick, rangey, and athletic on video.  The DE position is a position I REALLY love.  I think the interior OL got even better adding a couple of good players inside in this class.  But we were already good at some of these areas...we desperately need explosiveness in the secondary (we didn't get it) and outside LB.  We need players for the interior of the DL (barely got one) and offensive tackle (Whiff!!).

This class had tremendous opportunity just six weeks ago and then it just crumbled down the stretch.  The Clement and Akinola news just made everything go from bad to worse.

Look, I realize some will say, "it's okay.  stay calm because it's HCBS".  Yes, and in '04 and '05 he proved even he still needs some players.  

We have enough to still be a very formidable team next year.  But, man, we are cutting it so, so close.
2/8 6:14 PM | IP: Logged
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8459 on: February 08, 2013, 08:35:23 PM »
:surprised:

The Manhatter

GoPowercat Ring of Fame member
Post #37904
LHC LHC Bill Snyder Family Stadium
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore   
Extremely depressed the way this recruiting class finished...   Reply
I can't see how you give this class any higher than an F for a grade.  Perhaps a D-minus.

Look, we needed to infuse speed into the secondary, shoot, the entire back 7.  we didn't do it.  Hartfield was a huge loss.  Not landing Riyahd Jones or another good athlete at corner...wow.  The fact that Morrow, in-state kid, went elsewhere...embarrassing.

Speaking of the back seven...we had two very talented and productive commits that flipped right before signing.  Spaight and Campbell.  How, in god's name, that Campbell went to Minnesota I will never figure out.  But it shook me when I heard that a week ago today the Minnesota coaches were at Hutch putting on a full-court press.  Where were our coaches?

Then there were positions like 3-Tech DT and offensive tackle.  Matters went from life-support to worse when we learned of Akinola and Clement.  Then we couldn't get a single player at either position.  The closest we landed to offensive tackle is Brager.  I realize rivals has Allen listed as a tackle...he isn't.  Allen and Najvar, like them both, but they are guards.  But defensive tackle...holly freakin' hell that was bad.

There are some bright spots.  I believe the young inside LBs will be helpful and Johnson looks extremely quick, rangey, and athletic on video.  The DE position is a position I REALLY love.  I think the interior OL got even better adding a couple of good players inside in this class.  But we were already good at some of these areas...we desperately need explosiveness in the secondary (we didn't get it) and outside LB.  We need players for the interior of the DL (barely got one) and offensive tackle (Whiff!!).

This class had tremendous opportunity just six weeks ago and then it just crumbled down the stretch.  The Clement and Akinola news just made everything go from bad to worse.

Look, I realize some will say, "it's okay.  stay calm because it's HCBS".  Yes, and in '04 and '05 he proved even he still needs some players. 

We have enough to still be a very formidable team next year.  But, man, we are cutting it so, so close.
2/8 6:14 PM | IP: Logged

Terrifying when even Hatter can't pump some sunshine about our recruiting.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8460 on: February 08, 2013, 09:17:18 PM »
guy in response to hatter with 13k posts on gpc premium

mywillyispurple

Post #13645
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore   
Re: Extremely depressed the way this recruiting class finished...   Reply
really? youve let football and recruiting in general effect your actual psyche enough to claim you are depressed?
2/8 7:32 PM | IP: Logged

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8461 on: February 08, 2013, 09:18:52 PM »
that entire thread after hatter is fantastic

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8462 on: February 08, 2013, 09:29:05 PM »
I got a call from rivals giving me a free month trying to get me back.  The range of responses in that thread are the exact reason I hate that place.  From telling 'hatter he needs to get laid, to something about sticking something in joe bob's butt, to Collin Klein was a 2* - I'd rather have those anyway, to something about how there will be SEC kids available because they oversigned without realizing that A&M signed 31 kids because they are able to count-back 7 guys to last year. 
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8463 on: February 08, 2013, 09:38:52 PM »
I got a call from rivals giving me a free month trying to get me back.  The range of responses in that thread are the exact reason I hate that place.  From telling 'hatter he needs to get laid, to something about sticking something in joe bob's butt, to Collin Klein was a 2* - I'd rather have those anyway, to something about how there will be SEC kids available because they oversigned without realizing that A&M signed 31 kids because they are able to count-back 7 guys to last year.

yeah, it's a treat

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8464 on: February 08, 2013, 09:40:46 PM »
if anyone ever talks to me about how collin klein was a 2 star, i will them collin klein sucked.  b/c he did suck.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8465 on: February 08, 2013, 09:44:16 PM »
if anyone ever talks to me about how collin klein was a 2 star, i will them collin klein sucked.  b/c he did suck.

he is more of a stud reference to Bill being Bill or Del the Developer

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8466 on: February 08, 2013, 09:52:07 PM »
facebook stalker guy on GPC says Leath needs an 18 on the ACT to get to KSU. fingers crossed d00ds.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8467 on: February 08, 2013, 10:01:24 PM »
i got an 18 in seventh grade. #'blastbrag

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8468 on: February 08, 2013, 10:02:43 PM »
i got an 18 in seventh grade. #'blastbrag

go take the test for him b/c he is not getting that 18

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8469 on: February 08, 2013, 10:03:52 PM »
would do

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #8470 on: February 09, 2013, 06:08:00 AM »
bob dawg

texas tell me   

how do beat texas 5 yrs in row when there recruiting class is in the top part of the big 12 @ ours is near the the bottom? I think coaching. And good kids like jordy, ty @ many more kids that played at ksu.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8471 on: February 09, 2013, 07:58:07 AM »
bob dawg

texas tell me   

how do beat texas 5 yrs in row when there recruiting class is in the top part of the big 12 @ ours is near the the bottom? I think coaching. And good kids like jordy, ty @ many more kids that played at ksu.

RIP Fatty

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #8472 on: February 09, 2013, 08:31:53 AM »
man. even hatter is negative. we're pretty mumped.
emaw

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8473 on: February 09, 2013, 08:38:59 AM »
This is good stuff guys......keep it coming

I wish Manhatter would post more over here, he seems to study this recruiting stuff.  Maybe he needs to send his notes to the coaches :dunno:
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8474 on: February 09, 2013, 09:41:12 AM »
This is good stuff guys......keep it coming

I wish Manhatter would post more over here, he seems to study this recruiting stuff.  Maybe he needs to send his notes to the coaches :dunno:

i think he gets tired of people saying "BUT HOW DOES HIS ASS LOOK HATTER HUR HUR HUR"