Author Topic: Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 5615553 times)

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #25575 on: November 12, 2020, 07:47:22 PM »
Maybe he and Rubley didn't get along so he didn't want to come here and be with him for 4 years?

Nope. He's better than his stats indicate but I'm meh about it.

So kind of a sad story about his high school team. Here in Iowa the final four of each division plays the semi-final and finals at Northern Iowa's dome stadium, so making the final four is a big deal. Last Friday they were playing their crosstown rival for a trip to the 4A, largest division in Iowa, final four. The day before the game the players showed up to practice only to find out they would have to forfeit because of 7 positive COVID tests.

I thought their team sucked? Hopefully Rubley can elevate the cats the same way he did his highschool football team!

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25576 on: November 12, 2020, 08:20:28 PM »
fly to the nest de joyeux, mr birdy, FLY!

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25577 on: November 12, 2020, 08:26:11 PM »
Maybe he and Rubley didn't get along so he didn't want to come here and be with him for 4 years?

So kind of a sad story about his high school team. Here in Iowa the final four of each division plays the semi-final and finals at Northern Iowa's dome stadium, so making the final four is a big deal. Last Friday they were playing their crosstown rival for a trip to the 4A, largest division in Iowa, final four. The day before the game the players showed up to practice only to find out they would have to forfeit because of 7 positive COVID tests.
Do you still think Rubley is blah? Honest question. I can only imagine there’s only so much you can see in a recruit in Midwest HS football. Who has he been throwing to?

I doubt his team in Colorado was much better than the team he was playing for in Iowa. They picked that team because they were the favorites to win state in the largest division in the state. The conference they play in also produces a solid amount of P5 talent.

I never said Rubley was blah. I said he was playing behind a dog crap line. The conversation about Howard had nothing to do with what I thought of Rubley. I honestly don't know how good he is or is going to be. I saw all of his games here and he didn't blow me away. He did show a bit of athleticism but I don't know how that will translate. He never got to show off how good his arm is either. They got a lot better after Rubley was ruled ineligible, but it wasn't his fault. That young offensive line started to gel and they stopped ruining an offense that was so quarterback centric.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25578 on: November 12, 2020, 08:28:43 PM »

I thought their team sucked? Hopefully Rubley can elevate the cats the same way he did his highschool football team!

They got much better at the midpoint of the season. Also because of COVID everyone made the playoffs, if not they may not have qualified.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #25579 on: November 12, 2020, 09:05:43 PM »

Do you still think Rubley is blah? Honest question. I can only imagine there’s only so much you can see in a recruit in Midwest HS football. Who has he been throwing to?

I doubt his team in Colorado was much better than the team he was playing for in Iowa. They picked that team because they were the favorites to win state in the largest division in the state. The conference they play in also produces a solid amount of P5 talent.

I never said Rubley was blah. I said he was playing behind a dog crap line. The conversation about Howard had nothing to do with what I thought of Rubley. I honestly don't know how good he is or is going to be. I saw all of his games here and he didn't blow me away. He did show a bit of athleticism but I don't know how that will translate. He never got to show off how good his arm is either. They got a lot better after Rubley was ruled ineligible, but it wasn't his fault. That young offensive line started to gel and they stopped ruining an offense that was so quarterback centric.
Good to know. You just didn’t seem blown away by his first appearance.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25580 on: November 12, 2020, 11:00:26 PM »

Good to know. You just didn’t seem blown away by his first appearance.

I definitely wasn't blown away by any of the three starts he made here, but that one dude said he was the best QB at the elite 11 camp, good enough for me.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #25581 on: November 13, 2020, 07:53:56 AM »
 :thumbs:

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25582 on: November 13, 2020, 08:07:40 AM »
i'm pretty sure the receivers he was throwing to at his iowa high school will give him a good taste of what to expect in manhattan

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25583 on: November 13, 2020, 08:23:05 AM »
i'm pretty sure the receivers he was throwing to at his iowa high school will give him a good taste of what to expect in manhattan

Garcia and Hawkins are going to take epic shits on this post
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25584 on: November 13, 2020, 08:44:08 AM »
i mean i hope so

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #25585 on: November 14, 2020, 03:16:31 PM »
https://www.kctv5.com/sports/high_school_sports/300-pound-quarterback-leads-lincoln-prep/video_e6550b12-5ea8-5682-a1a6-825adb2b243a.html

I love stories like this.  Going to Iowa State as a DT.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25586 on: November 14, 2020, 07:48:13 PM »
That's cool. The three locals should be embarrassed at how often Matt Campbell gets kids out of KC.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25587 on: November 14, 2020, 07:50:35 PM »
That's cool. The three locals should be embarrassed at how often Matt Campbell gets kids out of KC.

Who? 

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25588 on: November 16, 2020, 12:28:35 PM »
missed opportunity to have him as a battering ram qb

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25589 on: November 23, 2020, 11:12:04 AM »

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #25590 on: November 23, 2020, 11:29:54 AM »

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25591 on: November 23, 2020, 11:50:23 AM »
PWO

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25592 on: November 23, 2020, 11:57:07 AM »
Suck it Princeton

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #25593 on: November 24, 2020, 12:02:02 PM »
Braet tweeted a new recruit committed, dunno who yet
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25594 on: November 24, 2020, 01:20:36 PM »
Purcell kid from Hayden

good player

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25595 on: November 24, 2020, 01:32:16 PM »
5 grey stars

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #25596 on: November 24, 2020, 02:47:02 PM »
offer list has got to be stellar if The Mole comes after you

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25598 on: November 25, 2020, 07:29:52 PM »
Marvin The Martian

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #25599 on: November 25, 2020, 08:05:35 PM »
um...nice get    :lynchmob:
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."