Author Topic: Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 5623330 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #22175 on: January 30, 2016, 04:47:38 PM »
It's like no one read what I wrote. Everyone is just automatically putting in their normal butthurt response.

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #22176 on: January 30, 2016, 04:52:21 PM »
Crabby was on 810 the other day. I'm not making excuses, but it sounds like staying close to home for family reasons was pretty important to him. Look at his offer list. Tulane is a total wtf move. I think we suck at recruiting, but I don't think we sucked at recruiting him. Something is up.

I read this, still don't care.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #22177 on: January 30, 2016, 04:57:42 PM »
known weirdo troubledscribe continues to let 17 year olds' decisions affect his happiness

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22178 on: January 30, 2016, 04:58:13 PM »
We stopped giving away $ to recruits with Beasley, guys. Put on your seat belt and ignore the recruiting threads.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #22179 on: January 30, 2016, 04:58:21 PM »
Not as bad as that time we lost a recruit to a d2 school. I think that was under prince tho
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #22180 on: January 30, 2016, 05:11:24 PM »
known weirdo troubledscribe continues to let 17 year olds' decisions affect his happiness

Where do you live?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22181 on: January 30, 2016, 05:14:59 PM »
Lifetime contracts must be nice

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #22182 on: January 30, 2016, 05:22:53 PM »
Tulane...just a complete wtf.

Offline Jabeez

• Combo-Fan
  • #Currie4USPrez
    • View Profile
« Reply #22183 on: January 30, 2016, 05:26:06 PM »
GPCwallace said: ?

Minutes after Tre Jackson committed to Tulane this afternoon, I was able to connect with the cornerback by text message to find out what went wrong for the Wildcats.

After all, aside from distance, things appeared to be in favor of K-State on a number of levels:
K-State had the final visit, more fresh on his mind than TulaneK-State has the brand new, larger facilitiesK-State has an immediate need at cornerK-State has the appeal of playing in the Big 12 conferenceSo what happened? Here's the conversation via text:

WALLACE- "Whenever you get a chance, could you text me maybe two or three reasons you didn't choose KSU? Just curious to know. Thanks Tre."

JACKSON- "There aren't even three reasons. Distance wouldn't have been a problem if I would've had a longer relationship with the staff."

WALLACE- "Oh, so they just came back too late after your summer commitment then? They went away and tried to come back- that what you mean?

JACKSON- "Yes sir, I had to reach back out to them."

WALLACE- "Really? You had to contact them, not them contacting you?"

JACKSON- "Yes sir."

There's no sugar coating this recruiting issue. This is the type of thing that Fitz and I have been talking about for not only this season, but many before it.

And while it would be easy to blame Blake Seiler in this instance, and maybe you can do so partially, it's certainly not appropriate to slam the hardest working assistant with 100% of the blame. After all, as we've said countless times, this is a bigger problem that stretches above just the assistants.

I could expand on this in greater detail, and maybe I will after Signing Day, but this was a good (yet horrible) example of the drastic improvements that must and need to be made for the future of this program if it wants to stay in contention to compete for championships.

Yikes, when wally is complaining. 

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #22184 on: January 30, 2016, 07:29:12 PM »
sweet jesus.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #22185 on: January 30, 2016, 08:05:14 PM »

Where do you live?
Lol

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #22186 on: January 30, 2016, 08:54:50 PM »
The ray price fella committed
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22187 on: January 30, 2016, 09:04:56 PM »
Snyder nor anyone on our staff would make it 5 minutes in the world of sales, and that a HUGE part of college football, selling the program to recruits and making sure you're in constant contact with them.   

It's pathetic.

It's just a assuming you've won the deal before the contract is signed.   Literally straight out of Sales 001:  Sales for beginners-things NOT TO DO.

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #22188 on: January 30, 2016, 09:11:18 PM »
Snyder nor anyone on our staff would make it 5 minutes in the world of sales, and that a HUGE part of college football, selling the program to recruits and making sure you're in constant contact with them.   

It's pathetic.

It's just a assuming you've won the deal before the contract is signed.   Literally straight out of Sales 001:  Sales for beginners-things NOT TO DO.

Well you can see all these fun things these HCs are doing with recruits like sledding and crap. The most exciting thing LHCBS would do with a recruit is throw werthers at him and see how many he could catch in his mouth
@Trogdor_gE

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #22189 on: January 30, 2016, 09:41:15 PM »

It's pathetic.

Well you can see all these fun things these HCs are doing with recruits like sledding and crap. The most exciting thing LHCBS would do with a recruit is throw werthers at him and see how many he could catch in his mouth

And a note.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22190 on: January 30, 2016, 10:15:09 PM »

It's pathetic.

Any chance we could start sending currie on the recruiting trail?

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22191 on: January 30, 2016, 10:53:01 PM »
Maybe our recruiters should sign up for that Constant Contact email newsletter/marketing deal to contact the 'cruits.   :dunno:
@mikec2w

Offline muqluk

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22192 on: January 30, 2016, 11:12:16 PM »

It's pathetic.

Any chance we could start sending currie on the recruiting trail?

Or maybe go hit up Briggs for a few of their salesmen to handle recruiting :\

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22193 on: January 31, 2016, 06:02:06 AM »
 Any recruit that lhcbs throwing werthers in his mouth would be a lock. 100

Gonna win 'em all! (using Tapatalk)

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22194 on: January 31, 2016, 06:11:51 AM »
Well, that sucks. Has it always been that way? That once someone commits, you need to keep striking their ego or is this a newer thing?

I can understand the coaching staffs thoughts that if a guy is committed he is committed and that should mean something. But also, this is how the game is played. You either try harder or you lose.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #22195 on: January 31, 2016, 07:44:48 AM »
Losing recruiting battles is 1 thing, it's what happens to us, the part about Tre having to be the 1 initiating the contact with the staff is cringe-worthy

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22196 on: January 31, 2016, 09:04:33 AM »

It's pathetic.

Do you think the inability to lose your job or otherwise be graded on actual performance is a problem?

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #22197 on: January 31, 2016, 09:53:08 AM »
I wonder if the pundits will adopt the truth that "we're not even trying" in replacement of the fiction "it's difficult to recruit to Manhattan".

I say fiction, because I don't think it's true and because the theory has clearly never been tested.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22198 on: January 31, 2016, 10:12:26 AM »
I wonder if the pundits will adopt the truth that "we're not even trying" in replacement of the fiction "it's difficult to recruit to Manhattan".

I say fiction, because I don't think it's true and because the theory has clearly never been tested.
Ron could recruit to Manhattan and he was a goddam loon.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22199 on: January 31, 2016, 10:16:32 AM »
Our competition is using Snyder against us in the recruiting game and it's really worked this year. Snyder is about to die, retire, etc. works every time.