Author Topic: More Laughing at KU  (Read 17804 times)

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
Re: More Laughing at KU
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2011, 10:41:28 PM »
Speaking of Bill Self destroying NBA careers, Cole Aldrich is signing autographs at Mr. Goodcents subs & pasta tommorrow.  K-10 and Ridgeview.

:party:

Is he already out of the NBDL?

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2011, 12:43:15 AM »
Speaking of Bill Self destroying NBA careers, Cole Aldrich is signing autographs at Mr. Goodcents subs & pasta tommorrow.  K-10 and Ridgeview.

:party:

Is he already out of the NBDL?

Yep. Ridin' the bench in the NBA along with fellow benchwarmers Zah-vee-eeh and Sherron.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2011, 01:08:23 AM »
Here's the thing. KU has one sport. They are pretty good at it traditionally. Not as good as Kentucky, but who is? So...when they lose to KSU they take it really rough ridin' hard. I can't blame them really. If all of your athletic hopes are placed on one sport and the guys down the road contend on multiple sports and still find a way to beat you at "your" sport from time to time, that would be pretty effing hard to take. I understand, I really do. KU will have the next 50 years if this current trend stands to rely on their past to rebut arguments from KSU fans. That's fine. KU has more tradition in basketball, I don't think anyone will disagree with that. The point is what happens in the here and now, and this year KU beat the pants off us and then we beat the pants off them. We have nine losses, they have two. We just need to go farther in the tournament than them to call this a successful year.

I've been to AFH...been inside and it looked like a high school gym in Kentucky. It looked like the bleachers pulled out from the wall. The museum aspect was nice...the only way you can pull of such a shitty gym though is through tradition. Doesn't change the quality of your home court though. I have also been to Rupp arena. I went to a high school basketball game there. For the High School State Tournament and there were 23k people there for a High School game. That will never happen in the state of kansas...I realize that can be construed as a diss on the whole state (it is) but KSU doesn't claim to be a rough ridin' super power in basketball. KU accuses KSU of having inferiority complexes and being nowhere near as great as them, and that's fine, because KSU doesn't add up traditionally. My main point is that KU will never be UK (Kentucky), UNC, or UCLA. So for the stance they always take about us not being them, they will never be what they claim to be. Something we can say we have never done.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2011, 01:46:48 AM »
This guy sounds like a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2011, 02:43:38 AM »

what to say? it takes one to know one?
glad my title isn't at self-disrespecting as yours?
glad you are the only person thus far to dislike me? (given your rep)
or reflect on the fact that in a world with ku fans, you go after your own? for the sake of an online rep? (that is so badly tarnished)
I think the fact that we are both online at this time of night on a saturday morning reveals how Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) we both are though...so i guess we're left to see who is better looking through beer goggles to determine the winner.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2011, 06:45:01 AM »
Confirmed that Cole put his mouth under the mountain dew soda fountain machine and drank out of it for 5 bucks.   :drink: <--Cole, but the glass is a soda mountain

Sad.  Cole was just walking around with an old duffle bag and asking people for their food.  Saw one of the assistant managers in a ku hat float him a couple day old cookies.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 06:56:54 AM by wabash909 »
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2011, 11:39:19 AM »
Did Cole really fill out an application?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2011, 01:11:54 PM »
I went by the other day for the subs.  I went up and talked to Cole because he was looking pretty lonely there.  Then I waited for like 45 minutes for my two subs.

Offline KSUTOMMY

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2011, 01:22:14 PM »
I wonder if the other employees get pissed when Cole gets to sign cac for people while he's on the clock.

PFFT
We are K-State and we love to hire SHlTTY coaches.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 21, 2013, 12:08:50 AM »
Better call the Larrytown goodcents, cole!

“@sking_21: Apparently $5 is too much for cover to get into dollar night at Quintons for @colea45”

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2013, 01:20:18 PM »
Here's the thing. KU has one sport. They are pretty good at it traditionally. Not as good as Kentucky, but who is? So...when they lose to KSU they take it really rough ridin' hard. I can't blame them really. If all of your athletic hopes are placed on one sport and the guys down the road contend on multiple sports and still find a way to beat you at "your" sport from time to time, that would be pretty effing hard to take. I understand, I really do. KU will have the next 50 years if this current trend stands to rely on their past to rebut arguments from KSU fans. That's fine. KU has more tradition in basketball, I don't think anyone will disagree with that. The point is what happens in the here and now, and this year KU beat the pants off us and then we beat the pants off them. We have nine losses, they have two. We just need to go farther in the tournament than them to call this a successful year.

I've been to AFH...been inside and it looked like a high school gym in Kentucky. It looked like the bleachers pulled out from the wall. The museum aspect was nice...the only way you can pull of such a shitty gym though is through tradition. Doesn't change the quality of your home court though. I have also been to Rupp arena. I went to a high school basketball game there. For the High School State Tournament and there were 23k people there for a High School game. That will never happen in the state of kansas...I realize that can be construed as a diss on the whole state (it is) but KSU doesn't claim to be a rough ridin' super power in basketball. KU accuses KSU of having inferiority complexes and being nowhere near as great as them, and that's fine, because KSU doesn't add up traditionally. My main point is that KU will never be UK (Kentucky), UNC, or UCLA. So for the stance they always take about us not being them, they will never be what they claim to be. Something we can say we have never done.

How did I miss this gem?  Holy crap.  This guy is hilarious.  Kentucky's arena is built into a rough ridin' mall and is a flat-out joke in elite blueblood circles. 

:lol:

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2013, 01:26:46 PM »
Well that and their fanbase is predominantly a bunch of hillbilly racists. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 22, 2013, 01:37:32 PM »
Better call the Larrytown goodcents, cole!

“@sking_21: Apparently $5 is too much for cover to get into dollar night at Quintons for @colea45”

omg  :lol:

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2013, 05:07:24 PM »
Yes. Being attached to two nice hotels, Hyatt Regency and Hilton, is disgusting.

I'll admit the outside looks terrible. It's a box. There was talks of a redesign in 2011. But alas...

I don't care to add more to my commentary from two years ago. It was at 1 in the morning, I was probably smashed outta my mind, and I'm a lot happier with life now. I was raised on UK hoops and KSU football.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2013, 05:11:21 PM »

or reflect on the fact that in a world with ku fans, you go after your own? for the sake of an online rep? (that is so badly tarnished)
I think the fact that we are both online at this time of night on a saturday morning reveals how Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) we both are though...so i guess we're left to see who is better looking through beer goggles to determine the winner.

I mean wtf was wrong with me?  :facepalm:

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2013, 07:56:47 PM »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :cheers:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2013, 10:56:13 PM »

You hurt me dude, you hurt me real bad that night.  :cry:

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: More Laughing at KU
« Reply #92 on: June 23, 2013, 11:04:32 PM »

Ill make sure you are part of my 8th and 9th step. :cheers:

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: More Laughing at KU
« Reply #93 on: June 23, 2013, 11:07:26 PM »

Ill make sure you are part of my 8th and 9th step. :cheers:

:D