Author Topic: Planned Parenthood  (Read 10215 times)

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
Re: Planned Parenthood
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2011, 02:21:59 PM »
I think we need more planned parenthood clinics.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2011, 03:38:59 PM »
I think it's pretty clear what we have here:

Liberal Point of View (aka useful idiot talking point):  a "fetus" is a parasite that exclusively afflicts women.  This parasite is subject to destruction at the whims of a woman, and this right is protected by the woman's right to "privacy".  The parasite has absolutely no right to life until it leaves the woman's body and takes its first breath.  The fact that it would become a child "but for" the abortion is irrelevant.  The logical consequence of a woman's failure to exercise self control and self care is a government provided medical procedure.

All other people:  killing an unborn child is wrong

I'm having a hard time determining where you come down on the issue.

It's only okay it under certain limited circumstances.  It's not a carte blanche to freefuck the whole world and then abort at will b/c you "don't feel like it"

Like most things, it's not black and white
And see, this is where I think you're wrong.  It's a pretty simple argument and it comes down to this:  Is "it" a human or isn't it?  Obviously, if it is, then "aborting" it is murder and is never okay.  The only exception is a (extremely rare) self-defense scenario, in which the birth would kill the mother.  Either it's a human or it's not.  If it is, abortion should be illegal under all circumstances (except self defense).  If it's not, it's permissible.

The question, then, is when it becomes human.  That is, there has to be some exact point where the "clump of cells" becomes a "human."  That point determines the permissibility of abortion.  This is pretty profound stuff, when you consider that prior to this exact point, it's morally permissible, and after this exact point, it's murder.

Any other talking point is superfluous imo.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline slucat

• GIRL ALERT, GIRL ALERT
  • Combo-Fan
  • This SLU, not the city
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2011, 04:20:46 PM »
I think we need more planned parenthood clinics.
^^this

They provide much more than abortions.  They provide pap smears and birth control for young women who do not have other access to those services.  No reason to not spend $$ on that.  It helps prevent more abortions. 

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2011, 11:36:16 PM »
A person is more than a fetus.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2011, 11:49:19 PM »
A person is more than a fetus.

Also more than an infant.  Cognitively, infants seem to be a lot like animals. 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2011, 01:21:55 AM »
the "is it human?" thing is a red herring.  of course it's human, any idiot can tell you that.  the question should be "is it better to kill this thing now or not?".  99.9% of the time, the answer is yes.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2011, 06:24:52 AM »
the "is it human?" thing is a red herring.  of course it's human, any idiot can tell you that.  the question should be "is it better to kill this thing now or not?".  99.9% of the time, the answer is yes.

wouldn't the same be true for certain elderly people, certain criminals, certain foster kids, etc.?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2011, 06:41:24 AM »
STAY OUT OF MY LIFE REPUBLICANS

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2011, 08:59:50 AM »

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2011, 10:46:04 AM »
the "is it human?" thing is a red herring.  of course it's human, any idiot can tell you that.  the question should be "is it better to kill this thing human now or not?".  99.9% of the time, the answer is yes.
If that's the case, FYP.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2011, 10:54:09 AM »
When God flooded the ever living crap out of the whole world, sparing only Noah and his family, he would have obviously killed thousands of 20 week old fetuses.  But now he is against it? 

Really mixed messages here.   :dubious: :nono:

Perhaps you ought to read that story again.  He said that he wouldn't do it again.

So every woman gets one abortion?  I can live with that.
Cap and trade?