Author Topic: Planned Parenthood  (Read 10213 times)

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Re: Planned Parenthood
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2011, 11:16:42 AM »
Hey, Dave Wooderson, go eff yourself.

Truth hurts.  Deal with it.

The "truth" is that you are most likely a mid-20's virgin who still lives with your parents, and you're trying to tell the world that abortion is wrong.  Keep your fairy tales out of other people's business, Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

Offline TheFormerKCCat

• DoD/Early 90s Era EMAWr
  • Combo-Fan
  • Loyal to a fault
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2011, 12:25:30 PM »
Wooderson, you're wrong.  I'm as liberal as they come, but I don't want to kill babies, fetuses, embryos, or any living thing for that matter.

Abortions are never a thing to celebrate or to 'want.'  As Moscow is presenting above, it'd be better to prevent as many of them as possible.  I do have confidence in people that, if they knew all of the facts, access to preventive measures, and could act accordingly that there would be far fewer abortions and I've heard President Obama say REPEATEDLY that he'd like to prevent as many unintended pregnancies as possible.

We can have grandstanding debates from now to the cows come home, but it won't make a bit of difference until we start to actually communicate as a society about what we really want and how we can all make it happen together.
I'm in it purely for the entertainment value.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2011, 12:49:12 PM »
Wooderson, you're wrong.  I'm as liberal as they come, but I don't want to kill babies, fetuses, embryos, or any living thing for that matter.

Abortions are never a thing to celebrate or to 'want.'  As Moscow is presenting above, it'd be better to prevent as many of them as possible.  I do have confidence in people that, if they knew all of the facts, access to preventive measures, and could act accordingly that there would be far fewer abortions and I've heard President Obama say REPEATEDLY that he'd like to prevent as many unintended pregnancies as possible.

We can have grandstanding debates from now to the cows come home, but it won't make a bit of difference until we start to actually communicate as a society about what we really want and how we can all make it happen together.

I'm guessing the fact that you don't "want" abortions to happen, but are willing to let them slide until "we figure something out" isn't really going to appeaze anyone who considers killing an unborn child a grave injustice.

:twocents:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Dave Wooderson

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2011, 12:52:25 PM »

The "truth" is that you are most likely a mid-20's virgin who still lives with your parents, and you're trying to tell the world that abortion is wrong.  Keep your fairy tales out of other people's business, Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

I saw my son's ultrasound two years ago and that was a mind opening experience that completely changed my opinion on abortion.  It's not a fairy tale.  What I saw at 20-weeks was not an embryo, it was a baby that deserved as much protection as can be provided.
Wait a minute guys... I don't play golf... for money... against people.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2011, 12:56:41 PM »

I saw my son's ultrasound two years ago and that was a mind opening experience that completely changed my opinion on abortion.  It's not a fairy tale.  What I saw at 20-weeks was not an embryo, it was a baby that deserved as much protection as can be provided.

So in a few years when your son comes home and tells you that he knocked up some girl, and that she wants to have an abortion, are you going to tell him that she's wrong and you'll care for the baby? 

(Boom, roasted)

Offline Goldbrick

• American by birth, Republican by the grace of God
  • Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2011, 01:12:05 PM »
Daughter: Alright everybody, Bob and I have an announcement to make.

Family: What is it??

Daughter: I'm pregnant!

Family: So?... it's just a fetus. Come back when you have real news.

Also, unlike the above which has never happened and never will, this a true story: I once had a scientist tell me the 'anti-choice' proponents sicken him because their point of view on abortion is too materialistic.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2011, 01:44:54 PM »
Recently, my wife and I found out that there was a chance (although slim) that we could have a severely disabled child, likely with a life expectancy of 1 year or less.  The genetic counselor mentioned that it was, of course, an option should that occur, even as far up as 39 weeks.  I nearly became physically ill at the thought that someone would do that to a little person completely capable of life.

IMO, the culture of abortion based on traits that a child may have is right in there with eugenics, a completely sick and twisted perversion of science which has resulted in countless atrocities over the last 3/4 of a century.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2011, 01:45:37 PM »

So in a few years when your son comes home and tells you that he knocked up some girl, and that she wants to have an abortion, are you going to tell him that she's wrong and you'll care for the baby? 

(Boom, roasted)

Paul, I think I found your first counseling candidate.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2011, 01:58:02 PM »
Recently, my wife and I found out that there was a chance (although slim) that we could have a severely disabled child, likely with a life expectancy of 1 year or less.  The genetic counselor mentioned that it was, of course, an option should that occur, even as far up as 39 weeks.  I nearly became physically ill at the thought that someone would do that to a little person completely capable of life.

IMO, the culture of abortion based on traits that a child may have is right in there with eugenics, a completely sick and twisted perversion of science which has resulted in countless atrocities over the last 3/4 of a century.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2011, 03:44:43 PM »
When God flooded the ever living crap out of the whole world, sparing only Noah and his family, he would have obviously killed thousands of 20 week old fetuses.  But now he is against it? 

Really mixed messages here.   :dubious: :nono:

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2011, 03:49:28 PM »
There seem to be a lot of couples out there looking to adopt a child.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2011, 04:11:46 PM »

Fantastic point.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2011, 04:15:46 PM »

so many, in fact, that there is absolutely no need for orphanages.   :dubious:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2011, 04:16:14 PM »
There seem to be a lot of couples out there looking to adopt a healthy white child.

FYP

Offline Dave Wooderson

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2011, 04:39:09 PM »

(Boom, roasted)

I wouldn't kill someone because it might inconvenience my family's lifestyle.  We would find a way to make it work and provide a good life for that child.
Wait a minute guys... I don't play golf... for money... against people.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2011, 04:48:54 PM »
if god didn't want adult humans to kill embryonic humans, he wouldn't have made human embryos a byproduct of human sex.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2011, 04:58:32 PM »
I'm against all this abortion stuff, but still think a woman should be able to have one as long as she's scarred for life (the libertarian in me). But I really don't want my tax dollars going towards baby killing mills. If you want to kill your embryo, then you better f*cking pay for it yourself.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2011, 05:03:11 PM »
I really don't want my tax dollars going towards baby killing mills. If you want to kill your embryo, then you better f*cking pay for it yourself.

what about ngos that pay for abortos?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2011, 05:06:48 PM »
When God flooded the ever living crap out of the whole world, sparing only Noah and his family, he would have obviously killed thousands of 20 week old fetuses.  But now he is against it? 

Perhaps you ought to read that story again.  He said that he wouldn't do it again.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2011, 12:12:55 AM »

Perhaps you ought to read that story again.  He said that he wouldn't do it again.

So every woman gets one abortion?  I can live with that.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2011, 12:49:58 PM »
Planned Parenthood might be full of pinko commies, but I don't see how abortions aren't good things for the majority of people.

Yeah, if you have a job and a roof over your head, your girlfriend gets pregnant, and you see the photo in the womb, it will be something you fall in love with/could never want to abort. But if you are a dumb 15 year old piece of trash who lives in a shitty house with no heat/AC, with no income, absent parents, but manages to get pregnant every weekend, I'd rather they not become parents.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2011, 12:52:13 PM »
I'm against all this abortion stuff............(the libertarian in me)

lol wut

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2011, 01:04:54 PM »
I think it's pretty clear what we have here:

Liberal Point of View (aka useful idiot talking point):  a "fetus" is a parasite that exclusively afflicts women.  This parasite is subject to destruction at the whims of a woman, and this right is protected by the woman's right to "privacy".  The parasite has absolutely no right to life until it leaves the woman's body and takes its first breath.  The fact that it would become a child "but for" the abortion is irrelevant.  The logical consequence of a woman's failure to exercise self control and self care is a government provided medical procedure.

All other people:  killing an unborn child is wrong

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2011, 01:25:01 PM »

Liberal Point of View (aka useful idiot talking point):  a "fetus" is a parasite that exclusively afflicts women.  This parasite is subject to destruction at the whims of a woman, and this right is protected by the woman's right to "privacy".  The parasite has absolutely no right to life until it leaves the woman's body and takes its first breath.  The fact that it would become a child "but for" the abortion is irrelevant.  The logical consequence of a woman's failure to exercise self control and self care is a government provided medical procedure.

I'm having a hard time determining where you come down on the issue.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2011, 01:33:57 PM »

I'm having a hard time determining where you come down on the issue.

It's only okay it under certain limited circumstances.  It's not a carte blanche to freefuck the whole world and then abort at will b/c you "don't feel like it"

Like most things, it's not black and white