Author Topic: Coaching Search Master Thread (now featuring worst possible choice oscar weber)  (Read 583643 times)

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
HEY DID QUIN DO COKE?

DO YOU THINK HUH

HUH?

HUH?

YOU THINK?

HUH?

FUKTARD YOU HAVE ANY INPUT HERE?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I would take a high paying job in Moscow like that in a heartbeat. Quin Snyder lives a truly elite life that the rest of us can only dream about.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I would take a high paying job in Moscow like that in a heartbeat. Quin Snyder lives a truly elite life that the rest of us can only dream about.

I could not agree more. 

Offline my troll name ... Koppe22

• Combo-Fan
  • Disgraced Banned Former Powert@rd Koppe22
    • View Profile
    • meh
Koppe is a giant idiot bad person for sure but he's nowhere close to as big of an idiot bad person as others.To my knowledge Koppe has never bought an adult trike or talked to a dog whisperer.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Somebody find some cp in a trash can and say that it is oscar s

Offline FuzzyWuzzy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Can we rename this thread  "Coaching Search Master Thread (in the event that oscar Crashes and burns)"
Would be nice to focus the oscar hate in one thread and leave the rest BB forum to the optimists.
I'm pretty undecided about the oscar hire until we get a couple years down the road, but here's my first candidate:

Rob Jeter, UW-Milwaukee Head Coach.
When I was a youngster I went to a couple Bo Ryan camps and really liked Jeter. This man knows the game and can flat-out coach your socks off.  He was head recruiter for Bucky under Bo Ryan for 5 seasons(I think).  Landed good recruiting classes but nothing amazing.  alando tucker, devin harris, brian butch, kammron taylor were the biggest names.  Record at UW-Milwaukee looks deceptively mediocre, keep in mind there are 6 other D1 basketball schools within 100 miles of UW-M(Badgers, Marquette, UW-GB, Depaul, Loyola Chicago, and Illinois Chicago) and UW-M is about the worst of the UW state schools in regards to academics, so recruiting is pretty much a nightmare.  oscar pearl only recruited successfully because he's a crook, and Jeter went to second round of NCAA with a solid core of Pearl leftovers anyway.  Struggled for a couple years after Pearl players were gone, but now has the program winning again.  2011 Horizon League Coach of the Year, 2x Horizon League Champs.

Obviously not a Bill Self-type resume, but expect him to get picked up within the next few years by a bigger mid-major that suddenly finds itself without a coach or a struggling power-conference team.

Edit:  for what its worth, I forgot to mention he is competing with Fighting Illini for Chicago/Milwaukee recruits as well.  so UW-M competes directly for local recruits with 2 big 10 schools, 2 big east, and 3 horizon league
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 02:00:07 PM by FuzzyWuzzy »

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
That list starts and ends with oscar Pearl. </thread>
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Can we rename this thread  "Coaching Search Master Thread (in the event that oscar Crashes and burns)"
Would be nice to focus the oscar hate in one thread and leave the rest BB forum to the optimists.
I'm pretty undecided about the oscar hire until we get a couple years down the road, but here's my first candidate:

When I was a youngster I went to a couple Bo Ryan camps and really liked Jeter. This man knows the game and can flat-out coach your socks off.  He was head recruiter for Bucky under Bo Ryan for 5 seasons(I think).  Landed good recruiting classes but nothing amazing.  alando tucker, devin harris, brian butch, kammron taylor were the biggest names.  Record at UW-Milwaukee looks deceptively mediocre, keep in mind there are 6 other D1 basketball schools within 100 miles of UW-M(Badgers, Marquette, UW-GB, Depaul, Loyola Chicago, and Illinois Chicago) and UW-M is about the worst of the UW state schools, so recruiting is pretty much a nightmare.  oscar pearl only recruited successfully because he's a crook, and Jeter went to second round of NCAA with a solid core of Pearl leftovers anyway.  Struggled for a couple years after Pearl players were gone, but now has the program winning again.  2011 Horizon League Coach of the Year, 2x Horizon League Champs.

Obviously not a Bill Self-type resume, but expect him to get picked up within the next few years by a bigger mid-major that suddenly finds itself without a coach or a struggling power-conference team.

would have far preferred Jeter to oscar. Not even close.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile

When I was a youngster I went to a couple Bo Ryan camps and really liked Jeter. This man knows the game and can flat-out coach your socks off.  He was head recruiter for Bucky under Bo Ryan for 5 seasons(I think).  Landed good recruiting classes but nothing amazing.  alando tucker, devin harris, brian butch, kammron taylor were the biggest names.  Record at UW-Milwaukee looks deceptively mediocre, keep in mind there are 6 other D1 basketball schools within 100 miles of UW-M(Badgers, Marquette, UW-GB, Depaul, Loyola Chicago, and Illinois Chicago) and UW-M is about the worst of the UW state schools, so recruiting is pretty much a nightmare.  oscar pearl only recruited successfully because he's a crook, and Jeter went to second round of NCAA with a solid core of Pearl leftovers anyway.  Struggled for a couple years after Pearl players were gone, but now has the program winning again.  2011 Horizon League Coach of the Year, 2x Horizon League Champs.

would have far preferred Jeter to oscar. Not even close.
FALSE

Offline FuzzyWuzzy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

glad you mention him, I don't want Pearl anywhere near this university.  my god that man is sleezy.
and that brings up the only knock I have on Jeter, which is that he's too nice of a man and not enough of a scumbag.  This has actually become a pretty big disadvantage in college bball. if you really want instant success, cheat.  this has worked for oscar Pearl(until he was caught), Todd Bozemon(until he was caught), Kelvin Sampson(until he was caught), Baylor(until they killed each other), the Fab 5, Illinois and Kentucky ~1990, Calipari(still at it)!  If you'd like the Cats to join this prestigious list, go ahead and hire Pearl.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

glad you mention him, I don't want Pearl anywhere near this university.  my god that man is sleezy.
and that brings up the only knock I have on Jeter, which is that he's too nice of a man and not enough of a scumbag.  This has actually become a pretty big disadvantage in college bball. if you really want instant success, cheat.  this has worked for oscar Pearl(until he was caught), Todd Bozemon(until he was caught), Kelvin Sampson(until he was caught), Baylor(until they killed each other), the Fab 5, Illinois and Kentucky ~1990, Calipari(still at it)!  If you'd like the Cats to join this prestigious list, go ahead and hire Pearl.

:flush:

catzacker

Doug will still be available.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
oscar had a BBQ.  Get over it.  Weber is just using his office and keeping his seat warm while hopefully not completely flushing our BB program into the shitter. 

Would take Doug too but if Weber has already lit the dumpster fire I doubt Doug will want to come in and put it out.
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
I would kill our compliance officer to get to go to a oscar Pearl Wildcat BBQ

Offline FuzzyWuzzy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
oscar had a BBQ.  Get over it.  Weber is just using his office and keeping his seat warm while hopefully not completely flushing our BB program into the shitter. 

Would take Doug too but if Weber has already lit the dumpster fire I doubt Doug will want to come in and put it out.
in addition to the 90+ recruiting violations at Tennessee and the ridiculous cover-up attempt:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=5648545
http://deadspin.com/5898192/oscar-pearls-first-con-and-the-world-that-created-a-monster-deadspin-classic
scandal everywhere he goes.  there is good reason why he and his entire staff got black balled by the ncaa

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
there is good reason why he and his entire staff got black balled by the ncaa.

yeah, we wouldn't have been able to hire him otherwise.  when you can buy a pearl quality coach for pennies on the dollar due to cosmetic damage, first give thanks to god for his rich blessings, and second, jump on that crap.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline jaa1025

• Fan
    • View Profile
Feel this is appropriate to bump.

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
It won't happen. We got a share of a Big 12 Title. Currie thinks he got the fanbase to buy into the system
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
It won't happen. We got a share of a Big 12 Title. Currie thinks he got the fanbase to buy into the system
He doesn't think, he knows.  Most people though the season was a success regardless of tournament performance.  That's the new reality.

catzacker

eff oscar and everything he stands for.  what's great is that the other rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) we (thought) currie was going after got beat by rough ridin' Harvard.

Offline Grogan14

• Fan
  • Sock,also goes by BastardSonOfDaxJones & Cyclone42
    • View Profile
Big 12 COY.