Author Topic: Coaching Search Master Thread (now featuring worst possible choice oscar weber)  (Read 583640 times)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
oscar would have been much happier than he is now if he could have crawled back into whatever crap hole he came from (apparently Milwaukee) and fade away into obscurity.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
I'd like to know why the eff we found it necessary to pay Weber more than he made at Illinois or more than Frank made here.

we didn't offer until Friday night and had to announce it right before the final four so no one would notice so you just can't be expected to negotiate in that scenario. That's a "name your price" situation. oscar probably could have gotten $1.8 if he really tried, but I think he's kind of lazy.

If that was Currie's thought process we're in even more trouble than I thought. That just screams Bob Krause.

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
I'd like to know why the eff we found it necessary to pay Weber more than he made at Illinois or more than Frank made here.

we didn't offer until Friday night and had to announce it right before the final four so no one would notice so you just can't be expected to negotiate in that scenario. That's a "name your price" situation. oscar probably could have gotten $1.8 if he really tried, but I think he's kind of lazy.

If that was Currie's thought process we're in even more trouble than I thought. That just screams Bob Krause.

Krause may not have been a good negotiator, but he would not have mumped us over like this.  At least I think he actually cared about the well-being of KSU athletics unlike Currie.  Would anybody ever have thought in 2009 that we may have ended up better off in keeping Krause on board? 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Krause probably would have paid Gottlieb $2 mill just for the eff of it.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

He wouldn't have had to because Frank would still be his coach.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
I mean no doubt we'd be in the Mountain West if Krause was still here because he would have burned down football. But what Currie's doing is just as bad.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile

He wouldn't have had to because Frank would still be his coach.

Yep

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
listening to BW on the radio today, he sounds like a huge whiny pussy.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
listening to BW on the radio today, he sounds like a huge whiny pussy.

Yep, I immediately made plans to take his lunch money. Not just once, but in the way that he has to meet me behind the OOD every morning to pay up.

Sent from my MB611 using Tapatalk

Offline naturalselection

• Fan
    • View Profile

Why can't you people stop pissing me off more about this?  John Currie is a master negotiator.  Just ask our fans who praise him the great deal he cut with Frank during their renegotiation.  All the money he saved us on that deal, with the minor down side of helping to poison the well with that coach. 

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Why can't you people stop pissing me off more about this?  John Currie is a master negotiator.  Just ask our fans who praise him the great deal he cut with Frank during their renegotiation.  All the money he saved us on that deal, with the minor down side of helping to poison the well with that coach. 
We paid more for a coach than a team that decided to pay him 4 mil to leave.  He was interviewing for CofC and SMU's jobs.  I don't think its a leap to say we out bid them by quite a bit.  Its Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
my favorite part of the presser was when someone asked oscar something like "what was the hardest question john currie had for you during the process" and oscar answered something like "he asked me, why kstate?". i mean that's just unreal. who was interviewing who? "hey coach, one last question before we end this interview...why in the world would you want to come to manhattan and coach at kansas state?"

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
"Why K-State?"

"Because the College of Charleston is dragging their feet"

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
my favorite part of the presser was when someone asked oscar something like "what was the hardest question john currie had for you during the process" and oscar answered something like "he asked me, why kstate?". i mean that's just unreal. who was interviewing who? "hey coach, one last question before we end this interview...why in the world would you want to come to manhattan and coach at kansas state?"

GOD DAMNIT.  the second i think about coming in off the ledge.   
:chainsaw: :curse: :chainsaw: :curse: :chainsaw:  :curse::chainsaw: :curse: :chainsaw:

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile

Yeah, not only that Currie would ask it, but that during the PC Weber would cite it as the hardest thing to answer.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
I have no problem with that question being asked.  That's a pretty standard kind of question you'll hear at interviews for all kinds of jobs, "Why do you want to work for me?" 

But to say that is your hardest question?  JFC.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
The real life hardest question is always, "What are your weaknesses?  What do you need to improve on?" because you have to basically #humblebrag their faces off without them knowing you are doing it. 

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
The real life hardest question is always, "What are your weaknesses?  What do you need to improve on?" because you have to basically #humblebrag their faces off without them knowing you are doing it.

I stumbled across a good answer to this a few years ago and have ridden it like crazy ever since. Would suck if I had to give my answer away at a PC and couldn't use it again.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
BallPlayers

Post #3063
garrett, indiana
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore Just Sayin Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I talked to a LM HC tuesday, that played & coached at Purdue while
Coach Weber was there, SO I asked:

HOW is Coach Weber going to DO @ K-State-???
"Great Guy and Great Coach"

HOW will Coach Weber recruit @ K-State-???
"that will always be the concern with oscar"

BallPlayers

Post #3065
garrett, indiana
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore Re: Just Sayin Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NO idea as to Today's NewS

LM = Low Major

will Coach Weber change his stripes and Hire a Hot Shot Recruiter?
or two?
HCs often don't want someone they can't Totally Control.....
Great Recruiters are usually the Loosey Goosey types!!!
[not cheating]

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Interesting piece breaking down coaching hires (in general) from basketball prospectus.

http://basketballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=2191

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #3270 on: July 09, 2012, 11:53:15 PM »
In his first year, Currie personally approved every expense in the athletic department. He made cutbacks, including layoffs, and restricted spending in areas such as recruiting. K-State spent more than $1.2 million on recruiting during the 2009 fiscal year. In 2011, that number was reduced to $914,411.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/07/09/3697816/k-state-uses-transparency-to-rebuild.html#storylink=cpy

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.