Author Topic: Coaching Search Master Thread (now featuring worst possible choice oscar weber)  (Read 583797 times)

Offline massofcatfan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Disclaimer: I did not make this

I want to wake up in a city that never sleeps, etc.

Offline DeoKat

• Fan
    • View Profile
What are the tucks saying?

Even the tucks have to hate this right? RIGHT?

Some will hate it until the presser then they'll be all #teamWeber, that's why they're tucks
When you succeed at Illinois you go to Kansas and when you fail at Illinois, you go to Kansas State

Offline ZappaCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Search Master Thread (now featuring front runner doug gottleib)
« Reply #3227 on: March 31, 2012, 04:24:11 PM »

Who knew that Kornheiser would be right about anything!
Nothing else somes up today better than this!

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Search Master Thread (now featuring front runner doug gottlieb)
« Reply #3228 on: March 31, 2012, 07:02:20 PM »
Moving back to florida. eff THIS

I'm right behind you.

Offline D-FRED-BROWN

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
any chance we can Gottlieb to be an assistant? Its the only way I might not set fire to certain parts of the city  :ksu:

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
any chance we can Gottlieb to be an assistant? Its the only way I might not set fire to certain parts of the city  :ksu:

Not really. 
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

We have to just pray, pray, pray and meltdown.

Offline D-FRED-BROWN

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

We have to just pray, pray, pray and meltdown.

your meltdown to God's ears :cry:

Offline massofcatfan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
I want to wake up in a city that never sleeps, etc.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile

eff, who knows since he has no plan whatsoever (according to him) Gots, Phil Jackson, or anyone could be on his staff. I mean, he was eating crawfish last night and our dumbass AD called and asked him if he'd like 1.5 million a year and he said yes before he knew what he agreed to.

Offline turns_cats_trashy

• Combo-Fan
  • We're all living in Wally world
    • View Profile
"Kansas coach Bill Self, who wears the worst toupee we've seen in college sports yet is seemingly never called on it." - Deadspin

Offline unleashthemob

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
there needs to be a candle light vigil at the octagon of death...when finished burn it to the ground!  I will not get a good nights rest until john currie is fired...l

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Search Master Thread
« Reply #3240 on: April 02, 2012, 11:22:18 AM »
Not sure if this will help you guys, but maybe it will once you calm down a bit: be patient, let some things happen, you may feel better

let me guess. kstate AD is going to throw frank under bus and say all sorts of bad stuff and then replace him with a guy that won't do all that bad stuff. yeah...that's not going to make me feel better at all.

Look, I know you guys are upset. If you want to take it out on me, not gonna stop you. I will continue to post what I know and what I can say. I'm kinda limited as to what I can comment on right now without putting myself in a bad spot, so I'm sorry that I am vague here... Trying to talk some of you off the ledge -- there are some things that will/could happen that might change your opinions about everybody involved. I'm not taking anybody's side, I'm #teamkstate. And K-State will probably be better off no matter what.

This post made me feel a little bit better at the time.  I love you captaincrap, but so far I feel much, much worse.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Not sure if this will help you guys, but maybe it will once you calm down a bit: be patient, let some things happen, you may feel better

let me guess. kstate AD is going to throw frank under bus and say all sorts of bad stuff and then replace him with a guy that won't do all that bad stuff. yeah...that's not going to make me feel better at all.

Look, I know you guys are upset. If you want to take it out on me, not gonna stop you. I will continue to post what I know and what I can say. I'm kinda limited as to what I can comment on right now without putting myself in a bad spot, so I'm sorry that I am vague here... Trying to talk some of you off the ledge -- there are some things that will/could happen that might change your opinions about everybody involved. I'm not taking anybody's side, I'm #teamkstate. And K-State will probably be better off no matter what.

This post made me feel a little bit better at the time.  I love you captaincrap, but so far I feel much, much worse.

LOL

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
would love to hear captain's honest feelings about this hire

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Yes, you don't have to name names, but maybe hint at whether Currie came close to landing someone else...

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile

Screw CC if he knew about this and didn't prepare us ahead of time.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Screw CC if he knew about this and didn't prepare us ahead of time.

solely based on that post he made on 3/27 I seriously doubt he had any idea we were hiring oscar Weber on that date. 

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
I'd like to know why the eff we found it necessary to pay Weber more than he made at Illinois or more than Frank made here.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'd like to know why the eff we found it necessary to pay Weber more than he made at Illinois or more than Frank made here.

We had to make sure to outbid SMU. :flush:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

could be that nobody, even huge losers like Weber, want to work for Currie and this was the only way to land him.  Of course, super hire Doug Gottlieb would have taken the job for less money.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

we didn't offer until Friday night and had to announce it right before the final four so no one would notice so you just can't be expected to negotiate in that scenario. That's a "name your price" situation. oscar probably could have gotten $1.8 if he really tried, but I think he's kind of lazy.