Author Topic: Coaching Search Master Thread (now featuring worst possible choice oscar weber)  (Read 583601 times)

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Search Master Thread (now featuring front runner doug gottlieb)
« Reply #3175 on: March 31, 2012, 12:12:00 PM »
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

God rough ridin' dammit, eff you John Currie.

Offline Pendergast

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: March 31, 2012, 12:14:57 PM »
I'm sad.

Offline Acceleration Man

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3177 on: March 31, 2012, 12:18:07 PM »
Jacob Pullen ? @Jpullz0

oscar Webber didn't think I was good enough to play at Illinois and I don't think he is good enough to coach at Kansas State

:bawl: :chainsaw:

Offline naturalselection

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: March 31, 2012, 12:18:37 PM »
This thread should be the first thing on the bonfire of KSU men's basketball.  Nothing but false hope and self-delusion.  Mods burn this down. 

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: March 31, 2012, 12:21:07 PM »
Further evidence that Currie doesn't give a damn what the KState fanbase wants.  We absolutely have to start working on a reverse-Dax scenerio and fire that SOB before he leaves on his own, after padding his Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) resume.

Offline youchooseausername

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3180 on: March 31, 2012, 12:26:02 PM »
Apparently Weber is a very good "Xs and Os" guy.  He rough ridin' better be because with Gip and Angel leaving, his 2013-2014 roster looks like this:

Starters:

Sprads
Nino
Shane (if he stays)
Watson (if he gets a medical redshirt)
Diaz (if he stays)

Bench:

5 new recruits (and we know how that will turn out)
Shawn Meyer
Vulture
Omari Lawrence

That team will be lucky to win 4 games in the Big 12
"The sad thing about the whole thing is it's my fault.  Instead of creating toughness and developing a team, I coached not to lose all year.  It's sad to be honest."

- oscar Weber

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: March 31, 2012, 12:36:46 PM »
Those who ride this thing to the bottom are idiots and likely supported this hire from the start so they deserve it.  So, the car seats had 2 kids who would grow up to be serial killers in them.

No, the idiots that ride it to the bottom are the poor bastards who die of radiation poisoning.  Frank and Anya were in the car with the kids.....never mind.

I actually thought of that possibility when I replied.  I think I got it the first time.

Offline turns_cats_trashy

• Combo-Fan
  • We're all living in Wally world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: March 31, 2012, 12:42:07 PM »
Jacob Pullen ? @Jpullz0

oscar Webber didn't think I was good enough to play at Illinois and I don't think he is good enough to coach at Kansas State

:bawl: :chainsaw:

I really didn't think J could do anything to make me  :love: him anymore but he continues to amaze me.
"Kansas coach Bill Self, who wears the worst toupee we've seen in college sports yet is seemingly never called on it." - Deadspin

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
kevin kietzman ? @kkwhb  Reply  Retweet  Favorite · Open
Underwood has been offered significant raise to stay. Has USC offer and maybe KU as fall back position.

Brad, if you can work under Bill Self, do it.  I won't even be mad.

Offline turns_cats_trashy

• Combo-Fan
  • We're all living in Wally world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: March 31, 2012, 12:46:00 PM »
My mother, who lives in Springfield, IL and has no clue about anything in relation to college basketball just text me "I'm so sorry..."

That sums up our hire

My brother, who graduated from Illinois last year and knows everything there is to know about college basketball just text me "you have a dumpy bball coach"

That sums up our hire

My dog, who was born astray in Illinois just text me "oscar Weber used to beat me"

This sums up our hire
"Kansas coach Bill Self, who wears the worst toupee we've seen in college sports yet is seemingly never called on it." - Deadspin

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
Does brad have a twitter account?  We all need to tell him to go to go to KU.  He doesn't deserve to get treated like this from currie.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i mean i still just can't get over this. john currie literally just went out and hired the one rough ridin' person that he just absolutely could not hire. i mean underwood would be a homerun compared to this crap.

Offline naturalselection

• Fan
    • View Profile
i mean i still just can't get over this. john currie literally just went out and hired the one rough ridin' person that he just absolutely could not hire. i mean underwood would be a homerun compared to this crap.

At least I could have talked myself into believing an Undy hire was the only way to keep the train on the tracks for now.  Give me one (maybe two) more seasons in the sun before bow went under. 

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
It mean Southern Illinois didn't want him back.

SOUTHERN ILLINOIS.

Offline ksuchris2000

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Gottlieb mentioned an AHC spot didnt he? Would that resurrect this train wreck?  Could assistants pull this lazy ass hire job out of the ditch?

Offline youchooseausername

• Fan
    • View Profile
The only way I'll be able to sleep tonight is if Undy and Gottlieb are on staff with Perfectly Average oscar.
"The sad thing about the whole thing is it's my fault.  Instead of creating toughness and developing a team, I coached not to lose all year.  It's sad to be honest."

- oscar Weber

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Would rather have had Larry Eustacy than oscar Weber.  Would rather have had Pat Knight. 

Offline naturalselection

• Fan
    • View Profile
Gottlieb mentioned an AHC spot didnt he? Would that resurrect this train wreck?  Could assistants pull this lazy ass hire job out of the ditch?

Nope.  That would only make it worse tbh.  Good assistants can pull up a crappy coach, but said assistants tend to leave for head coaching jobs.  Then you're left with crappy head coach.  So you just prolong the agony. 

Offline ksuchris2000

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
I'm sure old balls put his stamp of approval on this. Saying something to the effect of "oscar weber, fine youngster bringer upper"

Offline Doberman_CATS!!!

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

Pfft, so what if KU has Olivia Wilde and Sudeikis at their games.  Weber is bringing stars from daytime soaps.   :driving:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Pat Summit would have been better than this crap show.

Offline massofcatfan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
It mean Southern Illinois didn't want him back.

SOUTHERN ILLINOIS.

to be fair, why would they hire Weber when they could get a KU assistant instead?
I want to wake up in a city that never sleeps, etc.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Don't go to a rough ridin' game next year.

Offline massofcatfan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
go see what they are saying about this hire on phog.net. I dare you. ex:

"To summarize, I was laughing hysterically at Kansas State willing themselves to get pounded by KU every season. Weber without Self's recruits was the worst coach at Illinois in 3.5 decades, worse than an aging Lou Henson post-NCAA probation gutting his program. I've hated Weber for years. I always give a coach a chance, but it was clear by 2006 that disaster was ahead of the Illini program. Yet our idiotic AD - who was unceremoniously "retired" last summer - kept letting Weber further piledrive the program. Apparently the KSU AD is even dumber. You guys just received a gift from God."
I want to wake up in a city that never sleeps, etc.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
LOL. www.firebruceweber.com redirects to the Fighting Illini official sports website.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12