Author Topic: Coaching Search Master Thread (now featuring worst possible choice oscar weber)  (Read 583667 times)

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Search Master Thread (now featuring front runner doug gottlieb)
« Reply #3150 on: March 31, 2012, 11:17:29 AM »
i'm not angry, just sad.  like a good friend has passed away.   :frown:

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
emaw

Offline Holdin Manutz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: March 31, 2012, 11:18:55 AM »
So what are some good hobbies to get into during the winter time?  Looks like mine just opened up.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: March 31, 2012, 11:22:32 AM »
Apparently, Beems wins the Illinois job is a lot better than the K-State job argument

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: March 31, 2012, 11:23:52 AM »
Apparently, Beems wins the Illinois job is a lot better than the K-State job argument

By a landslide. KU fans are going to laugh at us a lot. I usually don't care, but this time I do.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: March 31, 2012, 11:25:08 AM »

By a landslide. KU fans are going to laugh at us a lot. I usually don't care, but this time I do.

It sucks because, at best, we are in for two years of this.  More if we can't get Currie out and we have to give his hire "time."

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: March 31, 2012, 11:26:08 AM »

i'll laugh with them. what else is there to do? this was quite possibly the worst hire that i have seen in my entire life.

catzacker

« Reply #3159 on: March 31, 2012, 11:26:49 AM »
It's going to be great when Rodney, JO, Angel and Gip all leave anyway.  It will only expediate our inevitable collapse.  I want Will to stay.  Just so he and oscar can be the face of KSU basketball sucking dogsh*t.

Offline turns_cats_trashy

• Combo-Fan
  • We're all living in Wally world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: March 31, 2012, 11:26:54 AM »
My mother, who lives in Springfield, IL and has no clue about anything in relation to college basketball just text me "I'm so sorry..."

That sums up our hire

My brother, who graduated from Illinois last year and knows everything there is to know about college basketball just text me "you have a dumpy bball coach"

That sums up our hire
"Kansas coach Bill Self, who wears the worst toupee we've seen in college sports yet is seemingly never called on it." - Deadspin

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: March 31, 2012, 11:27:18 AM »
How predictable.

Screw you , eff you, eff off, Currie.  What a horrible effing hire.  Horrible.

:curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
 :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

Offline chunkles

• KSU CATS Videographer of the Week
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: March 31, 2012, 11:27:26 AM »
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/03/09/tom-izzo-goes-off-on-illinois-for-firing-oscar-weber/

:dunno:

Of course he did. He liked the easy wins.
curried saw the part where izzo said "he doesn't cheat" and said to himself "whelp, that's our guy."

Offline FranklyFrankYou

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: March 31, 2012, 11:28:01 AM »
Id be curious to know who the eff greenlighted this crap storm. I mean, oscar fuckin Weber, who can't recruit or coach well enough to to keep a jobat Illinois who has rough ridin' Chicago next door to recruit from is our next coach. This makes any other hire made by our previous hires look brilliant in scope.  Is there anyway our donors could kill the hire even if its announced? That seems like our only hope.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: March 31, 2012, 11:29:00 AM »
John Currie, oscar Weber, and Will Spradling are 3 people I rough ridin' never want to see near K-State basketball.  Unfortunately, they will be running the show for 2 years.  Just imagine the crap season

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3165 on: March 31, 2012, 11:31:08 AM »
What if Currie is secretly letting everybody think we are hiring him. Then we don't hire him at all!  :excited:
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline naturalselection

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: March 31, 2012, 11:35:09 AM »
I feel like a pedestrian walking toward a 4-way intersection and glancing up to notice a delivery truck coming toward me driving what I know to be too fast for this road and showing no signs of stopping for the red light it's driving into.  Looking around to see who else is in the road and realizing the minivan approaching the blind intersection with the green light has no way of seeing the truck.  I know they are going to hit, but I don't feel the tears on my cheek until I see the car seats in the back of the van.   So I scream and cry knowing that both are futile.  I am powerless, and they come together with the horrible sound of metal breaking against metal.  Joining into a ball of pain and fire and death.  But I never knew the worst part.  That the truck had intended this collision all along, that it was going to keep driving through lights until it found one.  Or it would simply smash into the building at the end of the road, because the driver had already armed his thermonuclear bomb.  Thankfully, I die before I even realize what's really happening.  As do most of the people I know and love.  Because for the rest it's far worse.  They are the ones, my friends and family who survive the blast, who go slower.  In agony with every cell in their body riddled with cancer and the skin falling off their bones. 

At least we here can now divorce ourselves from feeling for this basketball program.  Think of the poor bastards who are going to ride this spiral down to the bottom.  So much for combo fanning gentlemen, it was a privilege, now back to football. 

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: March 31, 2012, 11:41:10 AM »
Id be curious to know who the eff greenlighted this crap storm. I mean, oscar fuckin Weber, who can't recruit or coach well enough to to keep a jobat Illinois who has rough ridin' Chicago next door to recruit from is our next coach. This makes any other hire made by our previous hires look brilliant in scope.  Is there anyway our donors could kill the hire even if its announced? That seems like our only hope.

This. oscar Weber's brother was Jon Scheyer's hs coach and couldn't land him. Do you think Gotts would ever let something like that happen? letmethink, no.
"Kansas coach Bill Self, who wears the worst toupee we've seen in college sports yet is seemingly never called on it." - Deadspin

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: March 31, 2012, 11:41:55 AM »
I feel like a pedestrian walking toward a 4-way intersection and glancing up to notice a delivery truck coming toward me driving what I know to be too fast for this road and showing no signs of stopping for the red light it's driving into.  Looking around to see who else is in the road and realizing the minivan approaching the blind intersection with the green light has no way of seeing the truck.  I know they are going to hit, but I don't feel the tears on my cheek until I see the car seats in the back of the van.   So I scream and cry knowing that both are futile.  I am powerless, and they come together with the horrible sound of metal breaking against metal.  Joining into a ball of pain and fire and death.  But I never knew the worst part.  That the truck had intended this collision all along, that it was going to keep driving through lights until it found one.  Or it would simply smash into the building at the end of the road, because the driver had already armed his thermonuclear bomb.  Thankfully, I die before I even realize what's really happening.  As do most of the people I know and love.  Because for the rest it's far worse.  They are the ones, my friends and family who survive the blast, who go slower.  In agony with every cell in their body riddled with cancer and the skin falling off their bones. 

At least we here can now divorce ourselves from feeling for this basketball program.  Think of the poor bastards who are going to ride this spiral down to the bottom.  So much for combo fanning gentlemen, it was a privilege, now back to football.

Nice allegory.   :cry:

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: March 31, 2012, 11:42:44 AM »
What if Currie is secretly letting everybody think we are hiring him. Then we don't hire him at all!  :excited:

April Fools Day is tommorow, dumbass fool

Offline 114Hickory

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: March 31, 2012, 11:52:43 AM »
Scrolling on ESPN.  This would be laughable if it wasn't so awful.

Offline willkatz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: March 31, 2012, 11:54:07 AM »
What I've heard. Currie: "This is Kstate, we will not settle for scraps".

So of course Currie does exactly that. :dubious:

Offline PikNik17

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: March 31, 2012, 11:58:40 AM »
We are the students and alumni of K-State.  We don't have to put up with this crap.  If we stay angry and stay vocal we can rid our program of Currie and Weber.  But we have to be vocal. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: March 31, 2012, 12:00:39 PM »

Those who ride this thing to the bottom are idiots and likely supported this hire from the start so they deserve it.  So, the car seats had 2 kids who would grow up to be serial killers in them.

Offline naturalselection

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: March 31, 2012, 12:02:27 PM »
Those who ride this thing to the bottom are idiots and likely supported this hire from the start so they deserve it.  So, the car seats had 2 kids who would grow up to be serial killers in them.

No, the idiots that ride it to the bottom are the poor bastards who die of radiation poisoning.  Frank and Anya were in the car with the kids.....never mind.