Author Topic: Coaching Search Master Thread (now featuring worst possible choice oscar weber)  (Read 572949 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Search Master Thread (now featuring front runner doug gottlieb)
« Reply #2525 on: March 30, 2012, 11:01:48 AM »
HC: Gottlieb
L Asst: Undy
Asst: Capel (recruting)
Asst: Kent (tuck favorite)
DOBA: Pearl

:love: :love: :love:

OMG if he could get Capel on staff. I would die.

Offline SEK_EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: March 30, 2012, 11:02:28 AM »
Quote from: Doug Gottlieb
"Look, nothing great has ever happened without somebody taking a chance they took a chance on Frank (Martin) and he hit it out of the park. I think if a guy hadn't coached before — but somebody who people believe knows the game well enough to coach and is smart enough to surround himself with really smart people who have been head coaches and need a gig — because that's what I'd do. I'd love the opportunity."

Sounds like Doug Gottlieb is ready to name oscar Pearl as Associate Head Coach.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: March 30, 2012, 11:04:18 AM »
Rumor has it larry brown just landed at KMHK but Currie was busy throwing back drinks at RAB while going through the "Formal Interview Process" during a skype session with Gotts.

Brown looked pretty pissed when he left

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: March 30, 2012, 11:05:47 AM »
I don't want an Underwood HC/Gottlieb AC situation.  It needs to be Gottlieb HC/Unds AC if it happens.

of course.  i can't believe people were seriously proposing the opposite.  gotts just threw that out to show how emaw he was, he wasn't expecting the idea to be taken seriously.

also underwood and his family would have to convert.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: March 30, 2012, 11:06:38 AM »
I don't want him as a rough ridin' AC.

I'm ok with him being AC with the hurricane as HC.

Good lord WHY NOT TAKE BOTH OF THEM PEOPLE.
:dance:

Offline Doberman_CATS!!!

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: March 30, 2012, 11:06:49 AM »
DAL8967   MD88   Alexandria Intl (KAEX)   08:14a CDT   09:31a CDT

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: March 30, 2012, 11:08:01 AM »
Nobody wants Larry Brown. You are only making everyone want him even less (if that's even possible). Just stop.

brown would be one of gott's assts.  pearl and underwood (maybe) would be the others.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: March 30, 2012, 11:09:00 AM »
Nobody wants Larry Brown. You are only making everyone want him even less (if that's even possible). Just stop.

brown would be one of gott's assts.  pearl and underwood (maybe) would be the others.

That sounds pretty great. I just don't really want Larry as the head coach.

Offline WildCatzPhreak

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: March 30, 2012, 11:10:23 AM »
you too sys?  god damnit, now i'm basically required.

fan and sys basically call the shots when it comes to ksuhoops fandom.  i can't disagree with them without feeling Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  rusty is probably in there somewhere too.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: March 30, 2012, 11:11:11 AM »

hmmm... a Delta regional jet headed for Louisiana. :insertsherlockholmesemo:

Offline willie

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2535 on: March 30, 2012, 11:13:01 AM »
just sent this to currie, i'm trying to do my part.  i'm not a bball expert, so i may not have nailed all of the benefits of hiring, but oh well, i tried.

John,

I’m writing you to express my opinion regarding your task ahead of hiring the next men’s basketball coach at my alma mater, Kansas State University.

I don’t have to tell you what the last six years have of successful basketball have done for KSU to increase our brand awareness nationally.  What has given us that exposure has been not only winning basketball games, but having a dynamic and interesting head coach that people want to see and hear.  I can’t emphasize enough how important it is to have that continue.

Based on that, I believe that you should be in contact with Doug Gottlieb right now to secure him as KSU’s head coach.  He brings to the table many attributes that would almost guarantee our continued success.  He provides:

1.   Immediate national exposure from his ESPN analyst role
2.   His network of basketball contacts, from coaches of all levels (High School, AAU, JUCO), recruiting analysts, assistant coaches, etc.
3.   His Father runs a recruiting assistance service (see www.branchwest.com)
4.   He’s a basketball savant, he’s one of, if not the best, analysts in the world.
5.   He’s a winner, I know the personality type well.  People like himself succeed at anything they want to.
6.   He can get into any living room of any recruit in the country.  Every basketball player in the country knows who Doug Gottlieb is and will listen.
7.   He played in the big 12, he knows the environment.
8.   He wants the job!!!

I realize that your under tremendous pressure to make this hire.  I can tell you that there are probably “easier” choices than Doug.  But, make no mistake about it, nothing, and I mean NOTHING, is ever gained without accepting risk.  Now is the time for you to stand in the face of the “easy” choice, stare it down and prove to the world that you’re unafraid.

I close with a quote:

“Greatness, in the last analysis, is largely bravery - courage in escaping from old ideas and old standards and respectable ways of doing things.”
James Robinson

Thanks for your time,

willie

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: March 30, 2012, 11:13:40 AM »
i mean, do you want a secret association of int'l bankers and shadow gov'ts working for you or against you?

Offline Doberman_CATS!!!

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: March 30, 2012, 11:15:34 AM »

hmmm... a Delta regional jet headed for Louisiana. :insertsherlockholmesemo:

Originated in GA this morning, flew into LA then MHK and back..

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: March 30, 2012, 11:17:34 AM »
oh god, boyle on the air with petro right now.

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: March 30, 2012, 11:21:00 AM »
just sent this to currie, i'm trying to do my part.  i'm not a bball expert, so i may not have nailed all of the benefits of hiring, but oh well, i tried.

John,

I’m writing you to express my opinion regarding your task ahead of hiring the next men’s basketball coach at my alma mater, Kansas State University.

I don’t have to tell you what the last six years have of successful basketball have done for KSU to increase our brand awareness nationally.  What has given us that exposure has been not only winning basketball games, but having a dynamic and interesting head coach that people want to see and hear.  I can’t emphasize enough how important it is to have that continue.

Based on that, I believe that you should be in contact with Doug Gottlieb right now to secure him as KSU’s head coach.  He brings to the table many attributes that would almost guarantee our continued success.  He provides:

2.   His network of basketball contacts, from coaches of all levels (High School, AAU, JUCO), recruiting analysts, assistant coaches, etc.
4.   He’s a basketball savant, he’s one of, if not the best, analysts in the world.
5.   He’s a winner, I know the personality type well.  People like himself succeed at anything they want to.
6.   He can get into any living room of any recruit in the country.  Every basketball player in the country knows who Doug Gottlieb is and will listen.
8.   He wants the job!!!

I realize that your under tremendous pressure to make this hire.  I can tell you that there are probably “easier” choices than Doug.  But, make no mistake about it, nothing, and I mean NOTHING, is ever gained without accepting risk.  Now is the time for you to stand in the face of the “easy” choice, stare it down and prove to the world that you’re unafraid.

I close with a quote:

“Greatness, in the last analysis, is largely bravery - courage in escaping from old ideas and old standards and respectable ways of doing things.”
James Robinson

Thanks for your time,

willie

In my opinion, proper grammar always helps the cause. 

Offline willie

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: March 30, 2012, 11:21:36 AM »

John,

8.   He wants the job!!!

I close with a quote:

James Robinson

Thanks for your time,

willie

sorry, how was the zeal?

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: March 30, 2012, 11:23:09 AM »

John,

8.   He wants the job!!!

I close with a quote:

James Robinson

Thanks for your time,

willie

Then proper grammar it up so I can copy and send. 
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Doberman_CATS!!!

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: March 30, 2012, 11:24:12 AM »
Currie probably scheduled Tad to appear on 810 to get everyone familiar with his name..

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: March 30, 2012, 11:26:17 AM »

John,

8.   He wants the job!!!

I realize that you're under tremendous pressure to make this hire.  I can tell you that there are probably “easier” choices than Doug.  But, make no mistake about it, nothing, and I mean NOTHING, is ever gained without accepting risk.  Now is the time for you to stand in the face of the “easy” choice, stare it down and prove to the world that you’re unafraid.

I close with a quote:

James Robinson

Thanks for your time,

willie

sorry, how was the zeal?

I loved it. 

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: March 30, 2012, 11:27:10 AM »
Tad's got to give them a fairly direct answer though. Should let us know if we're screwed

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: March 30, 2012, 11:27:46 AM »
Tad. :zzz:

Offline Doberman_CATS!!!

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: March 30, 2012, 11:29:22 AM »
He's not coming

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: March 30, 2012, 11:30:09 AM »
He's not coming

pfft..

petro never even asked the question if he would listen if kstate called.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Coaching Search Master Thread (now featuring front runner doug gottlieb)
« Reply #2548 on: March 30, 2012, 11:30:09 AM »
When mentioning Big 12 venues he mentioned OOD first...

Offline fr@ck me

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: March 30, 2012, 11:30:20 AM »
he never says he wouldn't.  he pulled a frank in my opinion.  didn't come out and flat say "no I won't go there"