Author Topic: Coaching Search Master Thread (now featuring worst possible choice oscar weber)  (Read 583571 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Search Master Thread
« Reply #1725 on: March 29, 2012, 10:25:08 AM »
You want to pay that ugly of a person 2 million dollars a year +  that has not been to a FF?  or multiple EE's?

first and foremost let's get one thing straight, neither i or you are paying anybody crap. i couldn't give a eff if the next head coach makes minimum wage or is paid five million dollars. i just want someone really, really good that will win a lot of basketball games and that is my sole focus. why the eff do you care how much he makes. like jesus. "well i like stallings for 1.5 but not for 2.0...." seriously explain that to me because you aren't the first person to say something like this.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: March 29, 2012, 10:25:22 AM »
It's like all tucks read this board and then publicly push the opposite agenda of whatevs ours is.  I mean, it really seems like tuckville and it's residence waited to see who our Will Not Take list is, and have already accepted that the coaches on that list are the right fit guys.

Is our fanbase divided so strongly that they will risk KSU's future to spite us?  Seems so.

Time to start some reverse psychology?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: March 29, 2012, 10:26:27 AM »
randy bennett. would take over most of these clowns. People say he hasn't gotten a better job because he's kind of a butthole. He would probably be at the very top of the burn the mother down with everyone in it list. I found that article before I hit "post"

http://www.thedaily.com/page/2012/03/05/030512-sports-wolken-column-1-3/

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: March 29, 2012, 10:27:31 AM »
Potential candidates for K-State job
10:51
AM ET
Kansas State Wildcats
TopEmailComments

Bob Lutz of The Wichita Eagle provided a list on Wednesday of possible candidates to replace Frank Martin at Kansas State.

According to Lutz, the No. 1 option is Colorado coach Tad Boyle, a name that seems to come up in every job opening across the west and midwest. Boyle appears to be pretty happy in Boulder, however, and many may look at this as a lateral move.

Others on the list include the likes of Illinois State coach Tim Jankovich -- someone ESPN's Andy Katz mentioned earlier this week -- along with Kentucky assistant Orlando Antigua, Oklahoma assistant Steven Henson and Georgia coach Mark Fox, who has ties to the school.

As for long shots? Lutz mentions Saint Mary's coach Randy Bennett, Harvard coach Tommy Amaker, Michigan State assistant Dwayne Stephens and New Mexico coach Steve Alford.

:lol:
RIP Fatty

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: March 29, 2012, 10:27:52 AM »
on top of being ugly, he's old.  plus he would laugh at the offer.  I don't want him and he doesn't want us. 

I've moved him down my list. Not worth $2Mil per.

god damnit _fan. what does this mean? you either want him or you don't. i swear to god you people need to stop talking about what someone is worth. you guys did this crap with frank when he was still a coach here and it was wrong then too. "well he's already making 1.55, i mean maybe bump him up to 1.8 but not 2.0. i mean i don't think he's worth that much." it was stupid then and it's just as stupid now. stop.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 10:31:35 AM by rick daris »

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: March 29, 2012, 10:28:26 AM »
on top of being ugly, he's old.  plus he would laugh at the offer.  I don't want him and he doesn't want us. 

I want him but not over Hurricane

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: March 29, 2012, 10:30:12 AM »
randy bennett. would take over most of these clowns. People say he hasn't gotten a better job because he's kind of a butthole. He would probably be at the very top of the burn the mother down with everyone in it list. I found that article before I hit "post"

so bennett has pretty much dominated everyone but gonzaga. tied for first last year and won the conference outright this year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Bennett

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: March 29, 2012, 10:32:25 AM »
Don't see South Florida's coach anywhere? or is he hurricane?
RIP Fatty

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: March 29, 2012, 10:33:28 AM »

I've moved him down my list. Not worth $2Mil per.

god damnit _fan. what does this mean? you either want him or you don't. i swear to god you people need to stop talking about what someone is worth. you guys did this crap with frank when he was still a coach here and it was wrong then to. "well he's already making 1.55, i mean maybe bump him up to 1.8 but not 2.0. i mean i don't think he's worth that much." it was stupid then and it's just as stupid now. stop.

I suppose my point is if K-State is going to pay $2Mil for a coach, we can get better than Stallings for that type of money. I never said I moved him off my list.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: March 29, 2012, 10:33:48 AM »
god damnit _fan. what does this mean? you either want him or you don't. i swear to god you people need to stop talking about what someone is worth. you guys did this crap with frank when he was still a coach here and it was wrong then too. "well he's already making 1.55, i mean maybe bump him up to 1.8 but not 2.0. i mean i don't think he's worth that much." it was stupid then and it's just as stupid now. stop.

I think we should offer Izzo or Calipari or somebody like that $6 million per year or so. I mean seriously what is the difference between $2 million and $6 million? Not that much.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: March 29, 2012, 10:34:40 AM »
I suppose my point is if K-State is going to pay $2Mil for a coach, we can get better than Stallings for that type of money. I never said I moved him off my list.

I don't think we can get someone clearly better than Stallings for $2 mil. I'm doubtful we could even get Stallings for $2mill.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: March 29, 2012, 10:36:53 AM »
i mean, we are fans of a school. fans. and that school just made 23 million dollars last year. yet some of you fuckers are running around like you are the general manager of a baseball team trying to decide whether or not to sign a free agent 32 yr old utility player or just promote the guy from AAA. rough ridin' stop it. mens basketball and football are the only sports that matter and our school just made 23 million dollars last year. we pretty much sell out both sports. we should expect to pay whatever it takes to hire someone that will win games. that's should be the expectation from us. we want to win games. not make 23.2 million instead of 22.5 million.

Offline Doberman_CATS!!!

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: March 29, 2012, 10:37:54 AM »

I think we should offer Izzo or Calipari or somebody like that $6 million per year or so. I mean seriously what is the difference between $2 million and $6 million? Not that much.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/mensbasketball/story/2012-03-28/ncaa-coaches-salary-database/53827374/1

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: March 29, 2012, 10:38:35 AM »

so bennett has pretty much dominated everyone but gonzaga. tied for first last year and won the conference outright this year.

Its probably highly illogical, but Asbury actually makes me a bit apprehensive about a guy like Bennett. Can he translate success at a tiny private west coast school to Kansas State?

That said, he's definitely worth looking at.

Offline Bill Clarahan

• agricultural related person
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: March 29, 2012, 10:39:25 AM »

This is the best idea so far, remember it only costs 10% more to go first class, or in this case 50%

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1740 on: March 29, 2012, 10:39:32 AM »

I don't think we can get someone clearly better than Stallings for $2 mil. I'm doubtful we could even get Stallings for $2mill.

I don't think we could get him for 2Mil either.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: March 29, 2012, 10:39:51 AM »
 :ksu:

$2 mill is this probably the minimum starting point to get a proven commodity, anything less will be a mid major, assistant or Haith type. 

I agree Stallings hasn't stayed at Vandy for 10+ to then leave for a mid tier job like KSU unless there is other factors like AD issues, personal problems, etc.

Offline crack on cracka

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: March 29, 2012, 10:40:21 AM »
AM ET
Kansas State Wildcats
TopEmailComments

Bob Lutz of The Wichita Eagle provided a list on Wednesday of possible candidates to replace Frank Martin at Kansas State.

According to Lutz, the No. 1 option is Colorado coach Tad Boyle, a name that seems to come up in every job opening across the west and midwest. Boyle appears to be pretty happy in Boulder, however, and many may look at this as a lateral move.

Others on the list include the likes of Illinois State coach Tim Jankovich -- someone ESPN's Andy Katz mentioned earlier this week -- along with Kentucky assistant Orlando Antigua, Oklahoma assistant Steven Henson and Georgia coach Mark Fox, who has ties to the school.

As for long shots? Lutz mentions Saint Mary's coach Randy Bennett, Harvard coach Tommy Amaker, Michigan State assistant Dwayne Stephens and New Mexico coach Steve Alford.

NO Orlando Antigua!!!!! He is not even the top assistant!  :nono:  :nono:
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 10:47:53 AM by crack on cracka »

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: March 29, 2012, 10:41:55 AM »
AM ET
Kansas State Wildcats
TopEmailComments

NO Orlando Antigua!!!!! He is not even the top assistant! Calipari doesn't even trust him with game day responsibilities. ETP can vouch for my sources.
 :nono:  :nono:

Do not care

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: March 29, 2012, 10:42:21 AM »
I only care about recruiting

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Coaching Search Master Thread
« Reply #1745 on: March 29, 2012, 10:42:39 AM »
I introduced Shulz and hurricane on twitter. Should be a done deal now IMO.

Offline Doberman_CATS!!!

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: March 29, 2012, 10:43:11 AM »
I can see why Buzz isn't leaving

Marquette   Big East   Buzz Williams   $2,834,685   N/A   $2,834,685   N/A

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: March 29, 2012, 10:43:24 AM »

Its probably highly illogical, but Asbury actually makes me a bit apprehensive about a guy like Bennett. Can he translate success at a tiny private west coast school to Kansas State?

That said, he's definitely worth looking at.

all his good players are from australia

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: March 29, 2012, 10:43:55 AM »

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: March 29, 2012, 10:44:03 AM »
i mean, we are fans of a school. fans. and that school just made 23 million dollars last year. yet some of you fuckers are running around like you are the general manager of a baseball team trying to decide whether or not to sign a free agent 32 yr old utility player or just promote the guy from AAA. rough ridin' stop it. mens basketball and football are the only sports that matter and our school just made 23 million dollars last year. we pretty much sell out both sports. we should expect to pay whatever it takes to hire someone that will win games. that's should be the expectation from us. we want to win games. not make 23.2 million instead of 22.5 million.

I don't disagree with any of that.

But you are right, we are fans on a message board. And we are going to say all kinds of ridiculous stuff.

I also agree that $2 Mil will be the minimum to get a proven coach, and I'm not sure if even that will bring them to K-State. I would hope it would, but I don't know.

I only care about recruiting

I don't think you need to tell us that.