Author Topic: Coaching Search Master Thread (now featuring worst possible choice oscar weber)  (Read 583598 times)

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Search Master Thread
« Reply #1600 on: March 29, 2012, 12:41:57 AM »
I love Mike Jarvis.  That being said Al Sharpton is a better fit for our fanbase.  They thought Ron Prince was uppity and he was from Junction rough ridin' City.  I couldn't imagine the backlash the first time K-State fans heard Jarvis talk.

Good point, I almost forgot who we where for a minute

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: March 29, 2012, 12:51:09 AM »
I love Mike Jarvis.  That being said Al Sharpton is a better fit for our fanbase.  They thought Ron Prince was uppity and he was from Junction rough ridin' City.  I couldn't imagine the backlash the first time K-State fans heard Jarvis talk.

Wow, didn't realize he won his league this year. Only knock for me is he's never left the east coast - other than that he's great. And the firing/probation thing probably eliminates him more than his well-spokenness.

What about Jamie Dixon or Steve Lavin? Lavin benefited from a ridiculously experienced team last year but recruited his balls off and should be pretty good soon. Also landed DeAngelo Harrison who Frank refused to try to recruit. Dixon may want to get out while the gettin's good and work his way back west.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: March 29, 2012, 12:54:33 AM »

Wow, didn't realize he won his league this year. Only knock for me is he's never left the east coast - other than that he's great. And the firing/probation thing probably eliminates him more than his well-spokenness.

What about Jamie Dixon or Steve Lavin? Lavin benefited from a ridiculously experienced team last year but recruited his balls off and should be pretty good soon. Also landed DeAngelo Harrison who Frank refused to try to recruit. Dixon may want to get out while the gettin's good and work his way back west.

Nope, just his prostate

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: March 29, 2012, 12:56:07 AM »
Whoa... I just had an epiphany.  K-State should hire Stan Heath from South Florida.  Dude is a solid recruiter, and he gets his teams to play defense like their hair is on fire, similar to Frank.  Would take.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: March 29, 2012, 12:56:50 AM »
thanks luke fitzhawk

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: March 29, 2012, 12:57:45 AM »
Whoa... I just had an epiphany.  K-State should hire Stan Heath from South Florida.  Dude is a solid recruiter, and he gets his teams to play defense like their hair is on fire, similar to Frank.  Would take.

:facepalm:
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: March 29, 2012, 12:58:51 AM »
OK, so I was catching up on this thread, and maybe I was getting a little tired, but I swear I saw someone (Beems?) say "Frank = Jank"...

...Did that really get posted? Parody post or serious?

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: March 29, 2012, 12:59:33 AM »
OK, so I was catching up on this thread, and maybe I was getting a little tired, but I swear I saw someone (Beems?) say "Frank = Jank"...

Frank was Jank five years ago without the head coaching experience.  Serious. 

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: March 29, 2012, 01:01:10 AM »

Oh, you meant pre-KSU Frank.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: March 29, 2012, 01:03:04 AM »

Jank's head coaching experience is a knock against him. I mean if he can't come close to finishing higher than third in the Valley how can we expect him to do anything similar in the Big 12? If he could bring the number 2 draft pick and guarantee another NBA'er I may reconsider this stance.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 01:05:15 AM by michigancat »

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: March 29, 2012, 01:04:00 AM »
Explains the whole "fat chick picture" situ.  We only saw the current version.   Five years before that, she looked exactly like a hot chick would look like today.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: March 29, 2012, 01:05:06 AM »

Jank's head coaching experience is a knock against him. If he could bring the number 2 draft pick and guarantee another NBA'er I may reconsider this stance.

I was going to say, Jank would have to bring the next Beasley with him--and Walker too--to even attempt to continue this charade.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: March 29, 2012, 01:06:05 AM »
Oh, and mich has said the most important thing in this entire thread, bar none:

An unknown commodity > known mediocre commodity

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: March 29, 2012, 01:10:31 AM »
If you are willing to lose hard, yes, go with the unknown.  It may well pay off.  Or not.  Honestly, I'm so rough ridin' confused at this point I don't even know what I want.  I just want to wake up and find out Frank leaving was just a bad dream.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: March 29, 2012, 01:11:39 AM »

Jank's head coaching experience is a knock against him. I mean if he can't come close to finishing higher than third in the Valley how can we expect him to do anything similar in the Big 12? If he could bring the number 2 draft pick and guarantee another NBA'er I may reconsider this stance.

That's why my list would be (1) Buzz Williams (2) Tad Boyle (3) Stan Heath (4) Tim Jankovich. 

I think Jank would be able to recruit at a higher level once he was at a BCS school.  I mean Gonzaga has been great over the past 10-15 years, and they still have a tough time signing 4-star talent.  It's tough to recruit at those lower tier programs.  Plus you'd have to think Jank could upgrade his assistants at a program like K-State as well.  Where would Frank be right now if he didn't have Delonte?

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: March 29, 2012, 01:13:21 AM »
Oh, and mich has said the most important thing in this entire thread, bar none:

An unknown commodity > known mediocre commodity

I keep going back to the Frank Haith/Mark Gottfried examples, and I keep debating whether or not Rusty is right.  I feel like the situations and the coaches are mutually exclusive in each given case, honestly.  Just depends on who and where we're talking about.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: March 29, 2012, 01:16:55 AM »
thanks luke fitzhawk

No prob, butthurt boy.  I guess taking South Florida to the Sweet Sixteen and winning Big East COY isn't good enough for you, either.  JFC, Rusty.

:flush:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: March 29, 2012, 01:42:52 AM »
thanks luke fitzhawk

No prob, butthurt boy.  I guess taking South Florida to the Sweet Sixteen and winning Big East COY isn't good enough for you, either.  JFC, Rusty.

lol, dummy.  As much as you post here I would think you would get a reference made multiple times a day.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: March 29, 2012, 02:05:43 AM »
thanks luke fitzhawk

lol, dummy.  As much as you post here I would think you would get a reference made multiple times a day.

Haven't seen Stan Heath's name posted once since Frank left. 

:dunno:

Offline nohighfives

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: March 29, 2012, 03:12:16 AM »

That's why my list would be (1) Buzz Williams (2) Tad Boyle (3) Stan Heath (4) Tim Jankovich. 

I think Jank would be able to recruit at a higher level once he was at a BCS school.  I mean Gonzaga has been great over the past 10-15 years, and they still have a tough time signing 4-star talent.  It's tough to recruit at those lower tier programs.  Plus you'd have to think Jank could upgrade his assistants at a program like K-State as well.  Where would Frank be right now if he didn't have Delonte?

All moot points.

Jackie Hartman = Director of Community Relations and Assistant to the President. Probably better known for being Jack Hartman's daughter. Probably least known for a pretty nasty divorce from Jankovich. He will not be hired.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1620 on: March 29, 2012, 04:33:58 AM »
This thread gets more Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) every time I come in here.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: March 29, 2012, 07:16:58 AM »
Smart
Mack
Buzz
Cronin
Pastner
kruger
---------- cutoff where everyone above this line would laugh in our faces. KState should still contact and throw money at everyone above this line anyway (AS LONG AS THEY ARE NOT ALSO IN THE BOTTOM GROUP).

Pearl
Theus
Capel
Unders
Brown
Hurricane
all of the crazy shoot from the hip assistant coach hires that remind you of ron prince...pew pew pew pew!
--------- cutoff where everyone above would not only take the job but I wouldn't burn this place down. below this line and I burn this site, everyone on it and the OOD to the ground

eustachy
jank
henson
marshall
boyle
fox
sutton
wojo
collins
kruger
altman
weber

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: March 29, 2012, 07:19:49 AM »
The judges were really enthusiastic about Hurricane.  They are still debating Jeter.  It's not looking good guys but one judge won't let it die.  Maybe he talks the others into it? :dunno:

Offline EMAW4life-JHL

• Combo-Fan
  • Morgan Freeman's childhood friend/worst poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: March 29, 2012, 07:28:28 AM »
If we were going to make a big hire, something would of been leaked with a title like "sources say Kruger to leave OU, man Wildcats" or "Buzz in talks with Kstate, likely to leave"
Let's face it, we're promoting Unds, we will all cry a little bit.
Go Home Dad you're drunk

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: March 29, 2012, 07:32:03 AM »
If we were going to make a big hire, something would of been leaked with a title like "sources say Kruger to leave OU, man Wildcats" or "Buzz in talks with Kstate, likely to leave"
Let's face it, we're promoting Unds, we will all cry a little bit.

kruger would not be a big hire  :dubious:  I don't know why I even make the list anymore