Author Topic: Coaching Search Master Thread (now featuring worst possible choice oscar weber)  (Read 583660 times)

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Search Master Thread
« Reply #1500 on: March 28, 2012, 08:32:08 PM »
Not one established, proven winner will come work for jc after this.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: March 28, 2012, 08:34:07 PM »

Yep  :frown:

catzacker

« Reply #1502 on: March 28, 2012, 08:37:46 PM »

yeah.  that's kinda where I'm at now that Pearl is dead.  Anyone that's good enough won't want to work for currie, it will only be some scrub who just wants a chance (see:  Steve Henson).  Maybe currie could find someone that doesn't like frank?  i don't know who that might be.  I think Jim Larinaga didn't like frank. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: March 28, 2012, 08:39:00 PM »
lol, you dumbasses thought we were going to land an experienced proven winner with no baggage?  good grief.  I'll bump the list in a bit.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: March 28, 2012, 08:40:57 PM »
Smart
Bilas
Mack
Buzz
Cronin
Pastner
kruger
---------- cutoff where everyone above this line would laugh in our faces. KState should still contact and throw money at everyone above this line anyway (AS LONG AS THEY ARE NOT ALSO IN THE BOTTOM GROUP).

Pearl
Theus
Capel
Unders
Gaudio
Brown
all of the crazy shoot from the hip assistant coach hires that remind you of ron prince...pew pew pew pew!
--------- cutoff where everyone above would not only take the job but I wouldn't burn this place down. below this line and I burn this site, everyone on it and the OOD to the ground

eustachy
jank
henson
marshall
boyle
fox
sutton
wojo
collins
kruger
altman
weber

catzacker

« Reply #1505 on: March 28, 2012, 08:41:39 PM »
lol, you dumbasses thought we were going to land an experienced proven winner with no baggage?  good grief.  I'll bump the list in a bit.

i blame rusty.  he gave me a glimmer of hope with the pearl thing.  now I'm back to thinking we're getting dog sh*t.  notice I didn't call you a dumbass, jerkface.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Coaching Search Master Thread
« Reply #1506 on: March 28, 2012, 08:42:20 PM »

It's pretty cute. SHAKA! STEVENS! YOU HAVE TO AT LEAST CALL!

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: March 28, 2012, 08:43:50 PM »
I don't think it's been thrown out since Frank officially left, but I'd take Quin Snyder. Working for the Lakers now, he's got to have learned something. Would be able to recruit better with NBA ties. Could be a fun ride.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: March 28, 2012, 08:46:00 PM »
I don't think it's been thrown out since Frank officially left, but I'd take Quin Snyder. Working for the Lakers now, he's got to have learned something. Would be able to recruit better with NBA ties. Could be a fun ride.

Would take, also my Canadian friend would love to make a little more money from a steady customer.
:adios:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Coaching Search Master Thread
« Reply #1509 on: March 28, 2012, 08:48:02 PM »

WOULD TAKE

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: March 28, 2012, 08:49:20 PM »
Smart
Bilas
Mack
Buzz
Cronin
Pastner
kruger
---------- cutoff where everyone above this line would laugh in our faces. KState should still contact and throw money at everyone above this line anyway (AS LONG AS THEY ARE NOT ALSO IN THE BOTTOM GROUP).

Pearl
Theus
Capel
Unders
Gaudio
Brown
Quin
all of the crazy shoot from the hip assistant coach hires that remind you of ron prince...pew pew pew pew!
--------- cutoff where everyone above would not only take the job but I wouldn't burn this place down. below this line and I burn this site, everyone on it and the OOD to the ground

eustachy
jank
henson
marshall
boyle
fox
sutton
wojo
collins
kruger
altman
weber

catzacker

« Reply #1511 on: March 28, 2012, 08:52:16 PM »
jfc.  Quinn Snyder?  I mean.  Quinn Snyder?  We've got a brand new practice facility, practically sell out our season tickets, been to the tourney 4/5 years, post season every year, we're wiping our ass with money....And we're still in the same goddamn place we were six years ago because our AD has given our program herpes and our former coach told everyone about it.

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: March 28, 2012, 08:52:38 PM »
now, serious question.

backstreets or the lake or both?

i only post at one springsteen forum and began several soft infested summers ago.

nice. just keep an eye out for those tramps of hearts crying tears of faithlessness..

oh man, hadn't thought of it yet, but frank is so that now  :cry:

"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: March 28, 2012, 08:53:20 PM »
jfc.  Quinn Snyder?  I mean.  Quinn Snyder?  We've got a brand new practice facility, practically sell out our season tickets, been to the tourney 4/5 years, post season every year, we're wiping our ass with money....And we're still in the same goddamn place we were six years ago because our AD has given our program herpes and our former coach told everyone about it.

k, who's your answer cz? the judges would be happy to put your candidates in the list if they aren't there yet.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: March 28, 2012, 08:55:49 PM »
q snyder was the closest i could come to basketball lane kiffin. 

i've also been trying to think of nba failures just for the sake of not seeing kstate burnt to the ground.  not having much luck there.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: March 28, 2012, 08:56:08 PM »
Is there some ex NBA guy that has a really good 16 or 17 yr old coming up?  If so, give him a spot on the list

Sent from my MB611 using Tapatalk

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: March 28, 2012, 08:57:00 PM »
man. now that we have herpes, that kraut down at the league office is gonna leave steve dave no choice but to burn everything to the ground.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
Coaching Search Master Thread
« Reply #1517 on: March 28, 2012, 08:59:58 PM »
On Doug Gottlieb's radio show today he uttered the statement "If I ever get a head coaching job. I  would..." in response to the Lakers/Bynum situation.

He is practically rough ridin' begging!!!

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: March 28, 2012, 09:02:17 PM »

Pretty much.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

catzacker

« Reply #1519 on: March 28, 2012, 09:08:39 PM »

k, who's your answer cz? the judges would be happy to put your candidates in the list if they aren't there yet.

I haven't seen Orlando Antigua's name,  I assumed he's been discussed? though he's not on the list.  Coached at Pitt, Memphis, Kentucky.  Dominican Republic native. Raised in Brooklyn.  Played at Pitt, played in Puerto Rico, Harlem Globtrotter, fluent in Spanish, nickname is Hurricane.  Pretty young.  around 39 or 40.  Prolly a stretch.  I would imagine Cal would tell him to never go anywhere near Currie.  As would any coach counceling (is it counciling?) someone on this job.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: March 28, 2012, 09:09:00 PM »
Hire Doc Rivers. Have him convince Austin to transfer here instead of declare.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: March 28, 2012, 09:09:54 PM »
Eff it, hire the Hurley boys, wherever they go, they're going to win.

KSU has shits bigger than Rhody.

Danny is a Royals fan for crap's sake, natural fit.

Do it.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: March 28, 2012, 09:14:51 PM »
No matter who is head coach, hire Victor Ojeleye as an assistant for sure.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: March 28, 2012, 09:17:33 PM »
#teamgottlieb
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #1524 on: March 28, 2012, 09:21:13 PM »
#slapthefloor