Author Topic: Coaching Search Master Thread (now featuring worst possible choice oscar weber)  (Read 583609 times)

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Search Master Thread
« Reply #1325 on: March 28, 2012, 02:31:21 PM »
In Kelis' live chat, it was mentioned the Eustachy asked to be considered, and he was mushed.

Because we're already negotiating with Tadpoyle I'm sure.

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: March 28, 2012, 02:31:33 PM »
In Kelis' live chat, it was mentioned the Eustachy asked to be considered, and he was mushed. smashed.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: March 28, 2012, 02:38:12 PM »
#Larry4Two@KSU

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: March 28, 2012, 02:38:59 PM »

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: March 28, 2012, 02:40:33 PM »
eff it. Frank says hire Brad now I want Brad. I just can't help myself.

plus in 2 years we can have pearl.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #1330 on: March 28, 2012, 02:43:02 PM »
this is my last post. i've become obsessed with k-state's coaching search. it's pathetic. been fun.

here's frank with keitzman. tried to type fast. frank gave brad his endorsement at the end.

thank  you kevin, you know it's one - it's been the most - difficult decision i've ever made in my professional life because i never put myself in front of others. for once in my life i had to put myself apart from everybody and make a selfish decision. it's been an honor to serve k-state. i tried to do my job to the best of my abilities, honestly, i did everything by the rules, i fought for that school, we united the fans, the administration, the coaches, the players, we gave the school the most five successful years in the history of the school. i always tell players that the most important thing is, whenever you leave somewhere, that you make a positive impact at the place you were a part of. if you did, then you did your job the right way. i was forced to make a decision - when i say forced, i say that selfishly. when you have options, you have to make decisions. our success gave me options, and i saw a challenge here, felt i had to make a decision, and as i made it, i gave that great university - kansas state - every ounce of positive energy that my body can give.

how did this happen? you built a great thing. good team. laying groundwork for future. you left it better. but, how did this happen? how did it get to the point where you felt like you wanted to leave?

whenever people make decisions, just like when huggs left, everyone thinks it's a negative when you're leaving. that there's something wrong with where you're leaving. that the person thinks he's going to a better place and the previous place is inferior. as coaches, we're ultra competitive. challenges is what drives us, what makes us go. when the south carolina ad, when i heard the passion in his voice, and i saw how successful their other major programs are, and i heard the passion in his voice, the way he was excited about believing in me leading his charge in men's basketball, i just put my arms around that. what made it so difficult is the incredible love i have for kansas state university. those kids - all those guys - their sacrifices, their willingness to come to manhattan, kansas. six years ago, they said it's a death sentence of a job. six seasons later, four ncaa's, two nit's, top 25 three straight years (possibly). players lined up, a team that's returning top to bottom, the ones that played against syracuse - things have been left in place for continued success. it's not that there's something wrong with ksu, but i'm intrigued by this new opportunity. i wasn't choosing between a good and a bad. when you choose between two places that touch your heart, that's what makes it a difficult decision. but i'm excited that we gave k-state its five greatest years, and i'm thrilled about this.

john currie said he wanted to give you a raise. you said you didn't want one. now you leave? was there an offer? now, they don't seem as interested? did you have a new offer in last five or six days?

however john wants to speak about the university's part, i respect it and understand. those are private matters. it's not fair to me and it's not fair to the university to elaborate on. john did approach me during the season, and i gave him the same answer that i gave him three years ago. i want all my emotions and energies to be engaged to the kids. i can't be selfish during the middle of the season. i can't be worried about all these selfish things. my job is to coach the kids. my job isn't to make money. my job is to educate kids. not negotiate a contract. when im in the middle of the season, that's not the time when i want to get my emotions involved in a contract negotiation.

do you feel like they changed their mind? what could have happened in two months?

i can't speak for john and schulz. that's not fair to them. they let me know that they wanted me at k-state, that was never a question in my mind. i knew they wanted me and south carolina wanted me. i had to make a decision. in life, you have to make decisions. they won't always be popular. i understand and respect that. but at the same time, i've got to make the decision that brings the greatest joy to me and my family and that's this.

jamar situation? the cliff's notes version is how and why it ended at k-state, people will remember the headline ... 14 hours before tip off ... AD suspends senior ... a week later the coach left. now, there's years of history here and things ... straw that broke the camel's back?

that bothered me. if i told you differently, then that'd make me a liar. that bothered me. but that wasn't the reason. that was in my mind when i made the decision, i can't tell you differently. if i did, you have the right to call me a liar - publicly or in person. john had to do what he had to do to protect the university, i respect that.

discussion heated?

i'm [laugh] im not gonna go there kevin. im sure you've had private meetings with bosses where you didn't agree with their decisions, but you go with it. im a team guy. i dont sway away from the team. i didn't agree with the ruling, or all that, but i supported john's decision. it's his job to protect the integrity of the university from the athletic department. i fully get it. i understand it. it's my job to protect the kids.

jamar didn't like what he heard. he said, really, a receipt in dillons? currie fumbled. how did this thing get from dillons to compliance. what the heck. how did that happen? now, jamar's tweeting 'really?' that's a bad person [who did it]. how in the world does the receipt get there?

i have no idea. i know that the receipt ended up somewhere on campus. i have no idea how it got there. i have no idea where it was found. i've never heard of it. i don't know what to tell you. that whole, those 24 - 48 hours, whatever it was, it was just a nightmare of a situation to be in. all of us. jamar. myself. john. we were all in a difficult place. just like i had to make a decision to take this job, john had to make a decision to protect the university. when you're in a difficult place you have to make tough decisions. we were all in a difficult place and john made a tough decision. that doesn't make it right or wrong, but i have no idea how it transpired.

did your new AD mention this incident? did it come up? did you ask how your new employer would handle it?

absolutely. i'll leave it at that.

you got answers you wanted?

they asked me and i asked them. it was a conversation. im not going to tell you what they said is different than the actions k-state took. i felt comfortable with the conversation and how it went. kevin, at the end of the day, that's not the reason why i chose to take the job here. i was unhappy about that, but that was not a major play. my decision wasn't based on negative feelings. im positive. the sun comes up, i have a chance to make the day better for people around me. the sun came up monday, i felt that the decision was going to make me happiest was to make this change and take on the challenge.

k-state is a three-ringed circus if underwood doesn't get an interview. im gonna go through the roof if underwood doesn't at least get an interview. it would absolutely blow me away. he's been there. he knows everything. what are the chances that brad at least gets an interview? who do you recommend?

if anybody were to listen to me, brad would be hired this afternoon. five years ago, jon wefald and tim and bob took a chance on me that i'll never forget. i'll never forget what those three men did. they handed me the keys to that program, and that trust and faith they had in me from day 1. there's a loyalty thing there that i'll never forget. brad is so much more prepared than i was. with brad, he's been a head coach before. he's been a division 1 assistant for 16 years now. he played at k-state. he understands. that's why huggs hired him six years ago, because brad allowed us to understand the culture, the people, the right to be around folks who appreciate k-state, the way they embrace their own. the reason i was embraced had a lot to do with brad underwood. nothing would make me happier that the consistency with the program, giving brad the opportunity, he's deserving, the program would be in great hands. but im not an administrator. john and kirk have done great things. they've improved it. im sure they'll make the right decision.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: March 28, 2012, 02:43:53 PM »
In Kelis' live chat, it was mentioned the Eustachy asked to be considered, and he was mushed.

Really don't understand the dislike for Tad.  Clownsuited Frank three times last year and won 48 games in the past two seasons.  Beat 6-seed UNLV in the 1st round of the NCAA's this year and has two 4-star recruits on board at Colorado.  What's not to like?  The fact that he graduated from KU?

:confused:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: March 28, 2012, 02:44:24 PM »
That's how you spend your very last post?

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #1333 on: March 28, 2012, 02:44:37 PM »

Really don't understand the dislike for Tad.  Clownsuited Frank three times last year and won 48 games in the past two seasons.  Beat 6-seed UNLV in the 1st round of the NCAA's this year and has two 4-star recruits on board at Colorado.  What's not to like?  The fact that he graduated from KU?

5 road conference wins

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: March 28, 2012, 02:45:20 PM »
Could we hire Pearl as DOBO or something under Brown for the next two years?  Like, Brown, Unders, Assaley, Lamont staff with a Pearl DOBO? 

OH MAN. :sdeek:

But replace Assaley with Forbes.

Respectfully disagree.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: March 28, 2012, 02:46:05 PM »

5 road conference wins

As opposed to losing at home to teams like OU?

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: March 28, 2012, 02:47:48 PM »

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #1337 on: March 28, 2012, 02:49:09 PM »

5 road conference wins

Yes of course.  Conference road wins are of the utmost importance.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #1338 on: March 28, 2012, 02:49:31 PM »
this is my last post.

what the?

i'll be back some other time. time to take a break. this is pathetic.

i don't even like k-state. i realized how pathetic my actions were as i typed it. then, i was too pathetic to stop because i had already started. no. done. good luck. #slapthefloor

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: March 28, 2012, 02:50:18 PM »

5 road conference wins

Not when you drop home games to OU and Iowa State.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: March 28, 2012, 02:50:27 PM »
Could we hire Pearl as DOBO or something under Brown for the next two years?  Like, Brown, Unders, Assaley, Lamont staff with a Pearl DOBO? 

OH MAN. :sdeek:

But replace Assaley with Forbes.

Respectfully disagree.

then lamont w/ forbes. whatevs

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: March 28, 2012, 02:50:45 PM »

5 road conference wins

Yeah, it's a lot more important to pick up good wins than it is to avoid bad losses.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #1342 on: March 28, 2012, 02:52:45 PM »

5 road conference wins

well you're just wrong

lack of quality  road wins is much worse than dropping a bad game at home

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: March 28, 2012, 02:53:20 PM »

5 road conference wins

Yeah, it's a lot more important to pick up good wins than it is to avoid bad losses.

Good wins are not exclusively won on the road.  It's important to protect your homecourt.  Period.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: March 28, 2012, 02:53:39 PM »

5 road conference wins

OH, it's a bubble thing...you wouldn't understand

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: March 28, 2012, 02:54:24 PM »
this is my last post.

what the?

i don't even like k-state. i realized how pathetic my actions were as i typed it. then, i was too pathetic to stop because i had already started. no. done. good luck. #slapthefloor

oh stfu rake.  it's because I put wojo in the burn the place down group isn't it  :rolleyes:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: March 28, 2012, 02:54:28 PM »
Beems, if you don't watch yourself, i'm going to wear rough ridin' red in New orleans on saturday. Clean it up.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: March 28, 2012, 02:54:38 PM »

5 road conference wins

well you're just wrong

lack of quality  road wins is much worse than dropping a bad game at home

I never said it wasn't.  I just don't agree with the premise that winning on the road is more important than winning at home.  I believe in protecting your homecourt. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: March 28, 2012, 02:55:45 PM »
this is my last post.

what the?

:frown:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: March 28, 2012, 02:56:09 PM »
J Rake Takes Break
BBS'ing becomes too intense, he decides to go outside, is possibly a better person than most of us