Author Topic: Coaching Search Master Thread (now featuring worst possible choice oscar weber)  (Read 583607 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Search Master Thread
« Reply #1150 on: March 28, 2012, 11:27:19 AM »
I've got my list.

Mack, Pastner, Cronin

At least try. They may all laugh in our faces, but go at them with a lengthy contract at $2mil+ per.

If all good choices say no, hire Underwood.

And at least give Pearl a call and say "we're very interested, but this is an impossible situation. Maybe in a couple years..." At least let him know he's still wanted even if he's unhirable.

this is a great plan

I mean, WE HAVE THE CASH and a PALACE FOR FACILITIES to offer. Currie needs to go sell the heck out of that while also pointing out that Frank was a lunatic and that's why he left one of the best jobs in the midwest for an SEC loser school.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: March 28, 2012, 11:28:11 AM »
The AD should also come out publicly and state that Jank/Henson/Boyle are not candidates for the job and we wish they would go away. 

EDIT:  Also Sutton and everyone else who NU interviewed

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1152 on: March 28, 2012, 11:28:56 AM »
I've got my list.

Mack, Pastner, Cronin

At least try. They may all laugh in our faces, but go at them with a lengthy contract at $2mil+ per.

And at least give Pearl a call and say "we're very interested, but this is an impossible situation. Maybe in a couple years..." At least let him know he's still wanted even if he's unhirable.

this is a great plan

I mean, WE HAVE THE CASH and a PALACE FOR FACILITIES to offer. Currie needs to go sell the heck out of that while also pointing out that Frank was a lunatic and that's why he left one of the best jobs in the midwest for an SEC loser school.

I love it when your claws come out.

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: March 28, 2012, 11:29:42 AM »
http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=22725&SPID=1845&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=152860&Q_SEASON=2011

Wojciechowski has also served as a court coach and scout for Mike Krzyzewski, assisting the USA Basketball Senior National Team staff with on-court duties as well as game preparation since 2006, including the program’s gold medal performance at the 2008 Beijing Olympics.

The post players under Wojciechowski were a big reason the 2009-10 team was able to win the NCAA National Championship, the ACC Tournament, the ACC Regular Season and NIT Season Tip-Off titles. Defense and rebounding was key for the Blue Devils who had one of the nation’s top defenses, holding opponents to 61.0 points per game, and ranked 14th out of 334 teams in rebounding margin. One of those post players, senior Brian Zoubek, set the school record for offensive rebounds in a single season with 143. The other starter on the inside, senior Lance Thomas, was named to the ACC All-Defensive team by the coaches and the media.

In his first season as a coach, he was instrumental in leading Duke, with seven freshmen on its roster, to a 29-5 record, the Atlantic Coast Conference regular season title (15-1), the 2000 ACC Tournament championship, an NCAA Tournament Sweet 16 appearance and the No. 1 ranking in both major polls following the regular season.

Working primarily with Duke’s inside players, Wojciechowski’s second year was even better as the Blue Devils won the national championship in 2001, while also capturing the ACC regular season and tournament crowns and posting a 35-4 record. His influence was evident throughout the year, from the emergence of Casey Sanders as a bona fide inside presence to Reggie Love’s strong performances in the ACC Tournament to Carlos Boozer’s inspired play at the Final Four after missing six games and playing a limited role in the East Regional semifinal and final. Wojciechowski saw one of his former teammates and pupils, Shane Battier, earn the consensus National Player of the Year award as well as National Defensive Player of the Year for the third consecutive season.

Out of the blue or smoke?
RIP Fatty

Offline EMAW SP8

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: March 28, 2012, 11:30:17 AM »
I've got my list.

Mack, Pastner, Cronin

this is a great plan

Do you think we would be able to lure Mack away from his Alma Mater?  Same with Mick, but atleast we have the huggins tie there.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 11:31:55 AM by EMAW SP8 »

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: March 28, 2012, 11:30:38 AM »
I've got my list.

Mack, Pastner, Cronin

this is a great plan

I love it when your claws come out.

Yeah, pretty arousing.
emaw

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: March 28, 2012, 11:32:38 AM »
We should be able to lure a good coach.  We're sitting on a pile of cash with a top 15 roster coming back next year with two all-conference potential players, we have a brand new facility that's among the best in the country, we have a dedicated fanbase that's sold out our stadium for the last few years and as long as you win 20 games a year, beat KU every once in a while and make the tourney, you're not gonna get fired.

That's why it's going to suck so much when we hire some loser.
emaw

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: March 28, 2012, 11:33:25 AM »
Do you think we would be able to lure Mack away from his Alma Mater?

Would be tough, but $$$ are $$$. All 3 of the names are tough, but you've got to at least try. Do that and I can handle Underwood if they all say no. I just want Currie to fight for K-State and make this look like its a great job again. Its not a blueblood job, but could be good for any of those guys. And a job that's willing to pay a good coach what he's worth.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: March 28, 2012, 11:33:53 AM »
mack has an outstanding job.  would not come.  Cronin?  lateral move?  Pastner (lmao)

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1159 on: March 28, 2012, 11:34:53 AM »
http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=22725&SPID=1845&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=152860&Q_SEASON=2011

Wojciechowski has also served as a court coach and scout for Mike Krzyzewski, assisting the USA Basketball Senior National Team staff with on-court duties as well as game preparation since 2006, including the program’s gold medal performance at the 2008 Beijing Olympics.

The post players under Wojciechowski were a big reason the 2009-10 team was able to win the NCAA National Championship, the ACC Tournament, the ACC Regular Season and NIT Season Tip-Off titles. Defense and rebounding was key for the Blue Devils who had one of the nation’s top defenses, holding opponents to 61.0 points per game, and ranked 14th out of 334 teams in rebounding margin. One of those post players, senior Brian Zoubek, set the school record for offensive rebounds in a single season with 143. The other starter on the inside, senior Lance Thomas, was named to the ACC All-Defensive team by the coaches and the media.

In his first season as a coach, he was instrumental in leading Duke, with seven freshmen on its roster, to a 29-5 record, the Atlantic Coast Conference regular season title (15-1), the 2000 ACC Tournament championship, an NCAA Tournament Sweet 16 appearance and the No. 1 ranking in both major polls following the regular season.

Working primarily with Duke’s inside players, Wojciechowski’s second year was even better as the Blue Devils won the national championship in 2001, while also capturing the ACC regular season and tournament crowns and posting a 35-4 record. His influence was evident throughout the year, from the emergence of Casey Sanders as a bona fide inside presence to Reggie Love’s strong performances in the ACC Tournament to Carlos Boozer’s inspired play at the Final Four after missing six games and playing a limited role in the East Regional semifinal and final. Wojciechowski saw one of his former teammates and pupils, Shane Battier, earn the consensus National Player of the Year award as well as National Defensive Player of the Year for the third consecutive season.

Guy I trust says smoke.

Offline EMAW SP8

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: March 28, 2012, 11:35:05 AM »
We should be able to lure a good coach.  We're sitting on a pile of cash with a top 15 roster coming back next year with two all-conference potential players, we have a brand new facility that's among the best in the country, we have a dedicated fanbase that's sold out our stadium for the last few years and as long as you win 20 games a year, beat KU every once in a while and make the tourney, you're not gonna get fired.

That's why it's going to suck so much when we hire some loser.

Right, and money talks, but it's always going to be a challenge to get someone to leave their hometown (Mick) or where they played ball (Chris).  Not saying we can't, like you said we have the tools.  But we are k-state so you never know :emawkid:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: March 28, 2012, 11:35:33 AM »
mack has an outstanding job.  would not come.  Cronin?  lateral move?  Pastner (lmao)

I don't disagree, but try. That's all I ask.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: March 28, 2012, 11:38:11 AM »

Memphis is alot smaller and poorer than I realized. WE CAN DO THIS!

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: March 28, 2012, 11:39:09 AM »

And going to Big East.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: March 28, 2012, 11:39:21 AM »

No kidding. Our coach left for widely considered step down job. Why couldn't we lure someone else?

Offline Doberman_CATS!!!

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: March 28, 2012, 11:46:31 AM »

And going to Big East.

No way in hell we get a sniff from Pastner, he's waiting for Zona and doesn't need to go anywhere else before then.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: March 28, 2012, 11:47:55 AM »

No kidding. Our coach left for widely considered step down job. Why couldn't we lure someone else?

Because, we're K-State and we largely suck at this.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: March 28, 2012, 11:48:44 AM »

Guy I trust says smoke.

Would take. Media (DickyV) would love him.
RIP Fatty

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
hireJoshPastner.com
« Reply #1168 on: March 28, 2012, 11:49:26 AM »
Who's got this?

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: March 28, 2012, 11:50:02 AM »
weird how duke lists their coaches phone numbers like that.  someone should call woj and chat him up.
emaw

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: March 28, 2012, 11:52:12 AM »
Just tell Mack "Tell us what your dream job is and we'll put a no buyout clause for that job in your contract."  We could offer him whatever Xavier offers + 1 million, and another million for his staff.   You all know the stats :kstategrad:

Just make the guy a knock him off his feet offer and make him say no.  At worst we get the kid a raise at his current job.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: March 28, 2012, 11:53:08 AM »
weird how duke lists their coaches phone numbers like that.  someone should call woj and chat him up.

Careful, what if he Dixons you?   :ohno:

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: March 28, 2012, 11:54:57 AM »

Guy I trust says smoke.

Would take. Media (DickyV) would love him.

Would also take, but would like to try for a homerun hire (mack, pastner) and then swing for an rbi like Wojkxdjghjkxdbhski
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: March 28, 2012, 11:58:21 AM »
http://flightaware.com/live/airport/KMHK

I'm trying to track the flights, but there's too many!
emaw

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: March 28, 2012, 11:58:26 AM »
I know, I know. I'm just saying that if I'm going to have to deal with the let down of not getting one of the bigger names/flashier coaches, I don't want to go into a deep depression about having such a shitty coach. When we come out of this debacle, if it's not riding a big splash hire triumphantly onto the shore Mackin' on hoes and giving out Pearl necklaces, having our school Pastnered all over ESPN, if we can't come off looking Smart for watching FM go this AM, if there is going to be no great Buzz, I at least want to surface Underwood and float safely on in.