Author Topic: Coaching Search Master Thread (now featuring worst possible choice oscar weber)  (Read 583829 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
marshall is 1-8 all-time in ncaa tournament. lost in NIT first round once. lost in CBI second round another time.

the guy sucks.

oh, he won the NIT once. but i heard his assistant did most of the coaching that tourney.

rake, how realisitic is Mack? Throw 6 years and $13-14 mil at him?

I would at least like to know Currie tried something like that with a good coach, even if he gets shot down.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
Quote from: kstatefans official position
Tim Jancovich would be excellent. He's a good coach and very intelligent with a keen wit. Would really be nice to have a local intelligent person running program, Henson would be a good choice. Rolando has expressed interest in past and his experience and intelligence would sure be refreshing after 5 years of thug ball. John Cooper would be a good choice. Hopefully, Currie will stay away from East Coast guys and hire locally. Bring back the Gardner, Winters, Hartman type coaches when the one given was that Kstate would always have intelligent players. The one given with Martin recruits is that they would always have the lowest basketball IQ on the floor.

This is a real post btw.

my head just exploded
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Who gives a crap about Pearl's on-campus recruiting restriction.  He could interact with the players once they got here, right? 

It'll never happen, but delusion is the only way to cope. 

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I just hope he's going after someone with a keen wit.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
at this point, the best hire is the one that pisses EVERYBODY off. 

ben kelso?

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile

ben kelso?

he related to Bob?
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
So long as we get someone who recruits smart basketball players, and not thugs, I think we'll be okay.
#notworried
:adios:

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake

I would at least like to know Currie tried something like that with a good coach, even if he gets shot down.

i would say he's gettable. his dream job is likely ohio state, and that gig is on lock down. cincinnati would also make sense, but mick cronin is doing just fine. i'm sure he'd like to stay local (ohio native) if possible, but again, it isn't like the louisville or kentucky job is going to open up anytime soon.

his predecessors have had no hesitancy in bailing on xavier when the opportunity presented itself. skip prosser went to wake. thad matta went to ohio state. sean miller went to arizona.

he's landed good talent at xavier. only thing is, he might be a bit hesitant to leave right now, as he probably thinks he can do better. xavier underachieved despite the sweet 16 appearance. personally, i think it'd be a great fit, but i find his wife to be attractive and think his kids are adorable, so i lack objectivity.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

ben kelso?

that jared haase one probably would have done the job

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
Oh man.  This thing is gonna be fun.  I mean this is only day one.  God I hope Currie strings this thing out for like three weeks.
emaw

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile

ben kelso?

that jared haase one probably would have done the job

Oh man, I could get him to autograph the book my squawk grandparents gave me!
:adios:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Currie’s incompetence pales in comparison to frank’s premeditated murder of Kansas State basketball.  The current hate is completely misguided and counterproductive to the hope of keeping Kansas State basketball relevant.  There will be plenty of time to sharpen the pitch forks for Currie.  Now is not the time.

If Pearl is not being considered then now is the time.
if pearl didn't have the show cause, he would be a great option.

but he does.  so he's not.

The show cause makes him MUCH easier for KSU to land.

ya no crap. because no one else will touch him.  we're not pre-huggins k-state. we're not hiring a guy with 2 years left of sanctions.  and it's really dumb to suggest such a hire.

You're an idiot. The sanctions aren't even that bad.

pearl isn't even getting a phone call, debating the severity of the sanctions is pointless, dumbass.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
Who gives a crap about Pearl's on-campus recruiting restriction.  He could interact with the players once they got here, right? 

It'll never happen, but delusion is the only way to cope.

When the options are Tim Jankovich and Tad Boyle, how do you not even entertain the risk involved with Pearl?

It's illogical. 

But, so was running off the most popular, winningest coach in 25 years at your school.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
Oh man.  This thing is gonna be fun.  I mean this is only day one.  God I hope Currie strings this thing out for like three weeks.

yeah, i wish frank would have strung us along for a while then went to usc. think about the bbs'ing yesterday and play that out for an entire week. :sdeek:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
We would be better off just having Deb coach both teams than hiring Jankovich

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Currie’s incompetence pales in comparison to frank’s premeditated murder of Kansas State basketball.  The current hate is completely misguided and counterproductive to the hope of keeping Kansas State basketball relevant.  There will be plenty of time to sharpen the pitch forks for Currie.  Now is not the time.

ya no crap. because no one else will touch him.  we're not pre-huggins k-state. we're not hiring a guy with 2 years left of sanctions.  and it's really dumb to suggest such a hire.

pearl isn't even getting a phone call, debating the severity of the sanctions is pointless, dumbass.

But he should, that's the point. You were arguing that he shouldn't, dumbass.

Offline Bill Clarahan

• agricultural related person
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Curtis Kitchen ? @curtiskitchen
Don't know if the call has already been made, but even if it's a short convo, hope Gregg Marshall is/was toward top of list. #kstate

I'd rather have a sister in a whore house than GM as our coach

catzacker

i would say he's gettable. his dream job is likely ohio state, and that gig is on lock down. cincinnati would also make sense, but mick cronin is doing just fine. i'm sure he'd like to stay local (ohio native) if possible, but again, it isn't like the louisville or kentucky job is going to open up anytime soon.

his predecessors have had no hesitancy in bailing on xavier when the opportunity presented itself. skip prosser went to wake. thad matta went to ohio state. sean miller went to arizona.

he's landed good talent at xavier. only thing is, he might be a bit hesitant to leave right now, as he probably thinks he can do better. xavier underachieved despite the sweet 16 appearance. personally, i think it'd be a great fit, but i find his wife to be attractive and think his kids are adorable, so i lack objectivity.

He has been my dream since last year.  I think had frank chosen not to destroy everything about Kansas State as he left, we would have a reasonable shot at him.  But now it will be difficult because Frank has done nothing but run Kansas State down to everyone and anyone who will listen.  I’d like to think that Currie is willing to spend money to make up for his error.  If they thought they could buy their way out of their differences with Frank, I would assume they would think they could buy their way out of this problem as well. 

Offline smith1051

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Tad Boyle anyone?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

He has been my dream since last year.  I think had frank chosen not to destroy everything about Kansas State as he left, we would have a reasonable shot at him.  But now it will be difficult because Frank has done nothing but run Kansas State down to everyone and anyone who will listen.  I’d like to think that Currie is willing to spend money to make up for his error.  If they thought they could buy their way out of their differences with Frank, I would assume they would think they could buy their way out of this problem as well. 

Yeah, Mack is #1 on my list. I don't see it happening, but that's my dream.

I'd look at Dunphy at Temple as well, or Pastner.

Again, I think our shot at coaches like that is slim, but at $2Mil+ per year you never know.

I get the Pearl talk, and its interesting, I just don't see it happening. IMHO the show-cause is too much, no matter how well Rusty spins it (and he spins it well).

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile

But he should, that's the point. You were arguing that he shouldn't, dumbass.

no actually i'm not.  go learn how to read, then how to post.  you rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  currie isn't hiring anyone with sanctions.  sorry, dumbass. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Mack wouldn't touch us.  No chance. 

catzacker

Mack wouldn't touch us.  No chance.

in my dream, he touches all of us.

Offline massofcatfan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Tad Boyle
« Reply #624 on: March 27, 2012, 09:32:06 AM »
If we hire him, I hope our a.d. makes him change his name.

The only thing more KU-ish than "Tad Boyle" would be "Tad Boyle, III."*

I am thinking "Jimmy Rodriguez" to combine our "normal guy" fanbase with our Latino connections and to foster a mentoring relationship with his soph pg.

*nothing personal against you if your name happens to be Tad
I want to wake up in a city that never sleeps, etc.