Author Topic: Rare Photos of North Korea  (Read 97432 times)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Rare Photos of North Korea
« Reply #175 on: January 23, 2013, 10:50:52 PM »
North Korea says a new nuclear test will be part of clash with U.S.
By K.J. Kwon, CNN
Seoul, South Korea (CNN) -- North Korea said Thursday that it plans to carry out a new nuclear test and further long-range rocket launches, all of which it said are a part of a new phase of confrontation with the United States.

The North's National Defense Commission said the moves would feed into an "upcoming all-out action" that would target the United States, "the sworn enemy of the Korean people."

Carried by the state-run Korean Central News Agency, the defense commission statement followed a United Nations Security Council resolution on Tuesday that condemned North Korea's recent rocket launch and expanded existing sanctions.

North Korea, which often issues bellicose statements in its state media, said Thursday that it rejected all Security Council resolutions concerning it.

It described this week's resolution as "the most dangerous phase of the hostile policy toward the DPRK," using the abbreviated version of its official name, the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/01/23/world/asia/north-korea-nuclear-test/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 24, 2013, 08:51:01 AM »
it's really kind of tragic and humorous and fascinating at the same time.  I mean it's essentially the equivalent of me saying I'm going to build a long range rocket and nuclear warhead and take over the world...and then starving my family in an attempt to do it.  meanwhile I can barely get a model rocket off the ground in my backyard. 

I kind of feel like all we'd need to do was send in a small team of navy seals to take out KJU and hijack and take over their state news department and we'd instantly be able to save an entire country of people.  I mean everyone in that entire country except for a few pampered elites in pyongyang has to absolutely despise that guy, right?
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 24, 2013, 08:57:59 AM »
What are the actual consequences of shooting down their next missile test? Do they storm SK with their starving 1960's army? Do they shell Seoul? Or do they deny it was shot down at all?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 24, 2013, 08:58:57 AM »
it's really kind of tragic and humorous and fascinating at the same time.  I mean it's essentially the equivalent of me saying I'm going to build a long range rocket and nuclear warhead and take over the world...and then starving my family in an attempt to do it.  meanwhile I can barely get a model rocket off the ground in my backyard. 

I kind of feel like all we'd need to do was send in a small team of navy seals to take out KJU and hijack and take over their state news department and we'd instantly be able to save an entire country of people.  I mean everyone in that entire country except for a few pampered elites in pyongyang has to absolutely despise that guy, right?

I think we should figure out where they are going to launch from and drone strike it.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 24, 2013, 09:03:32 AM »
so you guys want to spend millions of dollars and launch a government counter-offensive to thwart my backyard model-rocket launch?
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: January 24, 2013, 09:19:13 AM »
so you guys want to spend millions of dollars and launch a government counter-offensive to thwart my backyard model-rocket launch?

I really giggle at the thought of a youtube vid of a kid getting ready to shoot off his model rocket in his backyard with his dad there filming, when you hear the buzz of a drone flying overhead and the model rocket just explodes.
:adios:

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 24, 2013, 09:22:19 AM »
What are the actual consequences of shooting down their next missile test? Do they storm SK with their starving 1960's army? Do they shell Seoul? Or do they deny it was shot down at all?

Well seoul, a city of 23 million people with twice the population density of NYC, is only 45 miles away from the NK border. It would be pretty easy for NK to bomb/shell the bejesus out of Seoul if they wanted to which would probably kill quite a few people.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 24, 2013, 09:28:58 AM »

Well seoul, a city of 23 million people with twice the population density of NYC, is only 45 miles away from the NK border. It would be pretty easy for NK to bomb/shell the bejesus out of Seoul if they wanted to which would probably kill quite a few people.

Does NK even have missiles to shell Seoul with, though? Their last nuclear test was a huge failure, iirc.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 24, 2013, 09:31:49 AM »

Does NK even have missiles to shell Seoul with, though? Their last nuclear test was a huge failure, iirc.
They have regular artillery, but lots and lots of it.  I think I read somewhere that the NK could hit Seoul with 10's of thousands of shells per hour if it came to armed conflict again.
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 24, 2013, 09:35:22 AM »
Indianapolis Motor Speedway has capacity for 400,000.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 24, 2013, 12:07:24 PM »
some of you haven't thought the whole "shelling of seoul" thing through as much as the powers that be in north korea have.  they can talk crap and act like a super-power all they want but the second they start attacking other countries, that crap's gonna end pretty quickly and poorly for them.  I'm guessing they're not willing to effectively commit suicide just because somebody shot down their shitty rocket.   

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 24, 2013, 12:58:34 PM »
I might be wrong here, but isn't their test site over the ocean? I mean, that sounds like an environmental disaster, and I think we should probably deal with them for that alone.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 24, 2013, 01:05:55 PM »
some of you haven't thought the whole "shelling of seoul" thing through as much as the powers that be in north korea have.  they can talk crap and act like a super-power all they want but the second they start attacking other countries, that crap's gonna end pretty quickly and poorly for them.  I'm guessing they're not willing to effectively commit suicide just because somebody shot down their shitty rocket.   

Yeah, it hasn't just been the seoul thing either, it has been a china thing.  China was their bro forever.  However, lately China has been displeased with them publicly for pursuing the long range missile/nuke stuff.  Best thing to do would be for us to figure out a way for the missile to "accidentally" hit something it wasn't supposed to and cause some damage.  They would lose pretty much all support if something stupid like that happened after the whole world(including big china bro) had basically told them they were stupid for proceeding how they have been.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 24, 2013, 01:07:36 PM »

Yeah, it hasn't just been the seoul thing either, it has been a china thing.  China was their bro forever.  However, lately China has been displeased with them publicly for pursuing the long range missile/nuke stuff.  Best thing to do would be for us to figure out a way for the missile to "accidentally" hit something it wasn't supposed to and cause some damage.  They would lose pretty much all support if something stupid like that happened after the whole world(including big china bro) had basically told them they were stupid for proceeding how they have been.

We have lasers that can give South American dictators cancer. Surely we have a way of guiding this missile to "accidentally" land right on top of the great wall of China or something.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 24, 2013, 01:12:16 PM »

No, they love him.  It's even more tragic and fascinating than you think.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 24, 2013, 01:19:16 PM »

yeah but do they love him because they really believe he's their "dear leader" or do they "love" him because they don't want him to murder their family?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 24, 2013, 01:27:13 PM »

yeah but do they love him because they really believe he's their "dear leader" or do they "love" him because they don't want him to murder their family?

Dear leader.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 24, 2013, 01:41:18 PM »

Dear leader.

It's not 100% but it surely is the majority belief.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 24, 2013, 01:45:37 PM »

Dear leader.

They do love him. Everything they have is given to them by the leader, even if it is nearly nothing. They just don't know any better.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 24, 2013, 01:47:56 PM »
What does NK think a long range nuke will get them?  More ipods?  Electricity at night?  Cows for the hungry? 

I mean, do they think they can just pop off a successful test then write a Dr. Evil style note demanding money and lavish stuff from the world?  I understand that they don't participate in the rest of the world, but they understand that this isn't how it works, right?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: January 24, 2013, 01:52:12 PM »
What does NK think a long range nuke will get them?  More ipods?  Electricity at night?  Cows for the hungry? 

I mean, do they think they can just pop off a successful test then write a Dr. Evil style note demanding money and lavish stuff from the world?  I understand that they don't participate in the rest of the world, but they understand that this isn't how it works, right?

I don't think they are aware that the rest of the world, other than maybe the United States, has electricity.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 24, 2013, 02:07:59 PM »

I don't think they are aware that the rest of the world, other than maybe the United States, has electricity.

so, they want cows then?

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 24, 2013, 02:12:36 PM »
does anyone actually believe that they have what they say they have?

i can't imagine such a piss poor country has anything exciting.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 24, 2013, 02:43:57 PM »

There have been ships caught off of Japan going to and from NK, to and from Iran and other countries carrying nuke plant parts.   :dunno:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 24, 2013, 02:56:30 PM »

There have been ships caught off of Japan going to and from NK, to and from Iran and other countries carrying nuke plant parts.   :dunno:

i just feel like maybe NK is like a 9 year old kid who has a big ass box of lego parts but doesn't know how to make it into a sweet castle with a moat.