Author Topic: Cell Phone Insiders  (Read 546108 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Cell Phone Insiders
« Reply #2175 on: May 30, 2013, 09:13:34 AM »
No insurance, no apple care, iPhone 5 cracked screen Sprint contract.  Besides insurance fraud what is my best course of action?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: May 30, 2013, 09:21:40 AM »
No insurance, no apple care, iPhone 5 cracked screen Sprint contract.  Besides insurance fraud what is my best course of action?

good grief, we just had this discussion sunday morning during brunch :lol:

:lol:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: May 30, 2013, 09:30:35 AM »

good grief, we just had this discussion sunday morning during brunch :lol:

:lol:

Yeah.  Unreal.  I am fishing out a bowl to put my edamame remnants in and I am reading goEMAW on my iphone and I grab the top bowl on a two bowl stack and the bottom one drops right on the edge of the screen.  It still works, but pretty embarrassing looking.

So what now?  I mean I already screwed up the game plan as I remember it.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: May 30, 2013, 09:42:07 AM »
Who is going to step up and show me the path?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: May 30, 2013, 11:24:25 AM »
the kids intentionally crack their screens so they're like their friends, be a kid, kat kid!

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: May 30, 2013, 11:34:17 AM »
the kids intentionally crack their screens so they're like their friends, be a kid, kat kid!

yes, but what if I wish to have a non-cracked screen?  What then?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: May 30, 2013, 11:37:31 AM »
http://ksu.craigslist.org/mod/3733490414.html

or bring it to the sprint store and ask them wtf

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: May 30, 2013, 11:58:11 AM »

yes, but what if I wish to have a non-cracked screen?  What then?
find an uncool kid and trade for his non-cracked screen

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: May 30, 2013, 12:05:26 PM »
http://ksu.craigslist.org/mod/3733490414.html

or bring it to the sprint store and ask them wtf

if you let these guys touch your phone and it doesnt work (they charge like $20 less than the apple store does, btw), apple wont touch it. anything thats been tampered with they wont fix. just drive to the plaza and hang out with clams again and get your phone fixed for $200 at the apple store.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: May 31, 2013, 10:06:36 AM »
What's an appropriate age to get a child a phone? My daughter thinks she's getting one when she turns 8. I think not.  I was thinking 12.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: May 31, 2013, 10:20:27 AM »
i'd get her one at 8 if she wanted one

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: May 31, 2013, 10:50:59 AM »
13 at earliest. Where is she going to be without an adult who has a cell? If she wants to chat with her friends just buy an iPod touch.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: May 31, 2013, 10:58:09 AM »
What's an appropriate age to get a child a phone? My daughter thinks she's getting one when she turns 8. I think not.  I was thinking 12.

get her the cheapest burner from wal-mart.

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: May 31, 2013, 11:08:56 AM »

I'm thinking about getting a cheap flip phone for my six year old just for safety.  I don't care how hard you try to protect your kids, bad things happen.  After some of things that have happened lately like elementary school shootings, tornados hitting schools, I think from a strictly for safety/piece of mind standpoint it's a good idea at any age.

Now if she wants it to text, web surf and talk to her friends, that's a tough one!  It seems a little young to me.  Maybe compromise at 10 or make her earn it?
@lopakman

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: May 31, 2013, 11:15:10 AM »
Just switched from an iPhone 5 to s Galaxy s4.  Holy crap...why did I wait so long?
@mikec2w

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2190 on: May 31, 2013, 11:52:15 AM »

It's not so much about the price as it just seems kind of crazy.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: May 31, 2013, 11:55:58 AM »

I'm thinking about getting a cheap flip phone for my six year old just for safety.  I don't care how hard you try to protect your kids, bad things happen.  After some of things that have happened lately like elementary school shootings, tornados hitting schools, I think from a strictly for safety/piece of mind standpoint it's a good idea at any age.

Now if she wants it to text, web surf and talk to her friends, that's a tough one!  It seems a little young to me.  Maybe compromise at 10 or make her earn it?

We got my stepson a phone when he was 8. But it was different circumstances. He was walking home from school.  And my wife wanted to be able to talk to him when he was at his dad's.  Now, my wife works from home and she picks up and drops off our daughter.

I can't think of who she would text and call and what she would have to say.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: May 31, 2013, 12:22:21 PM »

I was thinking the lack of features made it less crazy.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: May 31, 2013, 06:09:11 PM »
Just switched from an iPhone 5 to s Galaxy s4.  Holy crap...why did I wait so long?

You're obviously a dumbass so I'm not sure.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: June 03, 2013, 08:04:18 AM »
http://www.kansascity.com/2013/06/02/4266617/the-new-status-symbol-a-cracked.html#

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: June 03, 2013, 11:03:55 AM »
I have considered letting my 7 year old carry my old DroidX but there hasn't been a situation that has called for it.  I believe it will still make an emergency call (911) and if she had wifi access it will send texts and calls over google voice.  I guess the best setup would be if I could root it and make it prepaid but I am not sure if that is possible.

I am afraid my kid would not value a cheap burner that didn't play games or videos and it would get lost very quickly. 

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: June 03, 2013, 11:11:39 AM »

You're obviously a dumbass so I'm not sure.

OBVIOUSLY
@mikec2w

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: June 03, 2013, 11:13:17 AM »
I have considered letting my 7 year old carry my old DroidX but there hasn't been a situation that has called for it.  I believe it will still make an emergency call (911) and if she had wifi access it will send texts and calls over google voice.  I guess the best setup would be if I could root it and make it prepaid but I am not sure if that is possible.

I am afraid my kid would not value a cheap burner that didn't play games or videos and it would get lost very quickly. 

well then no phone. good grief people, raising kids isn't that hard.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: June 03, 2013, 11:27:46 AM »

well then no phone. good grief people, raising kids isn't that hard.
It's less about the actual losing of the phone and more making sure the kid has it on them when they need it because they actually like and use it.  If it was just some prepaid flip phone I could see my kid forgetting to put it her backpack, not charging it because it never gets used.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: June 03, 2013, 11:48:02 AM »
well if they can't handle the responsibility of charging a phone or taking it with them they probably shouldn't be allowed in situations where they would need a cell phone. good grief, raising kids isn't that hard.