Author Topic: Cell Phone Insiders  (Read 546144 times)

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
Re: Cell Phone Insiders
« Reply #1650 on: September 05, 2012, 02:08:15 AM »
I have an S2, but I know a bunch of folks who have an S3.  Pretty slick phone.

It's hard to go to an iPhone when you've held something as light with screen as big as what's on an S2 or S3.

Not sure if this is common knowledge on this board, but the new iPhone will definitely have a bigger screen. It looks like it will be 4" instead of 3.5". It's not as big as the S2 (4.3")or S3 (4.8"), but it's noticeably bigger.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: September 05, 2012, 08:35:46 AM »
My EVO LTE blows, may return it for the GSiii .  BTW SD, when I had my EVO 4G the artery blew and I took it to the Sprint Store here and they gave me a new one.  Also I have a spare battery I'll give you on Saturday.

Why does the EVO suck?

It really shouldn't but mine has a litany of issues, like the network refusing to connect calls or texts at times when they should.  The touchscreen keyboard being complete crap and floating the word complete bar onto the keyboard itself so I can't type on it.  Taking literally hours to connect to some, not all, wi-fi networks.  The app associations don't work, my apps are crashing at an alarmingly high rate, and the syncing of contact accounts in my phone book is completely wrecked.  I had none of these issues with my EVO 4G.  Problem was at the end it was just old and slow, namely because the limitations of the small internal memory.  Also when I pick it up now I'm amazed on how heavy & thick it is compared to the phones of today, brickish if you will.  Oh and some bad person karate chopped it out of my hand, cracking the screen a million places.

Sidebar, if someone could explain to me how to get the flash plugin to work on the Chrome browser, I'd be eternally grateful.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: September 05, 2012, 08:37:36 AM »
some bad person karate chopped it out of my hand, cracking the screen a million places.

boss move

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: September 05, 2012, 08:42:13 AM »
some bad person karate chopped it out of my hand, cracking the screen a million places.

boss move

Pretty much.

MIR, I re-received your message about Sunday breakfast on Monday night a little after 9.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: September 05, 2012, 09:23:29 AM »

boss move

Circle of EMAW.  I have a itchy right hand ready to pay it forward if you will.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: September 05, 2012, 09:31:17 AM »

boss move

:sdeek:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: September 05, 2012, 09:31:31 AM »

boss move

Bust up Mrs. Dave's right as the iphone5 comes out if that would help her get insurance credit or something towards it.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: September 05, 2012, 11:44:02 AM »

Sidebar, if someone could explain to me how to get the flash plugin to work on the Chrome browser, I'd be eternally grateful.

Flash is dead on Android. The Chrome Browser never had support for it and Adobe just recently stopped making updates for All Android devices. Sorry.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: September 05, 2012, 02:23:48 PM »
 :flush:

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: September 05, 2012, 03:34:53 PM »
My EVO LTE blows, may return it for the GSiii .  BTW SD, when I had my EVO 4G the artery blew and I took it to the Sprint Store here and they gave me a new one.  Also I have a spare battery I'll give you on Saturday.

Why does the EVO suck?

It really shouldn't but mine has a litany of issues, like the network refusing to connect calls or texts at times when they should.  The touchscreen keyboard being complete crap and floating the word complete bar onto the keyboard itself so I can't type on it.  Taking literally hours to connect to some, not all, wi-fi networks.  The app associations don't work, my apps are crashing at an alarmingly high rate, and the syncing of contact accounts in my phone book is completely wrecked.  I had none of these issues with my EVO 4G.  Problem was at the end it was just old and slow, namely because the limitations of the small internal memory.  Also when I pick it up now I'm amazed on how heavy & thick it is compared to the phones of today, brickish if you will.  Oh and some bad person karate chopped it out of my hand, cracking the screen a million places.

Thanks for the reply. I'd definitely at least get a new Evo. None of that is normal. I'm leaning towards picking up the Evo. The plasticy nature of the SIII just sucks. Hopefully this crap is just on your phone.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: September 05, 2012, 03:38:53 PM »

Flash is dead on Android. The Chrome Browser never had support for it and Adobe just recently stopped making updates for All Android devices. Sorry.

so flash is not available on android or iphone, yet every freaking website requires it pretty much?

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: September 05, 2012, 03:51:48 PM »

so flash is not available on android or iphone, yet every freaking website requires it pretty much?
any decent site has stopped using it for the most part...it is going the way of the dodo.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: September 05, 2012, 04:12:56 PM »

any decent site has stopped using it for the most part...it is going the way of the dodo.

LEARFIELD!!!!  :shakesfist:

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: September 05, 2012, 10:47:02 PM »

Yes, most sites use flash for streaming video. While HTML5 is available, It's not widely adopted.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: September 06, 2012, 06:36:20 PM »

flash still works on jelly bean.  you just have to kind of haxor it and it wont work with chrome.

you have to download a haxored version of flash an install it, and then get another browser that allows flash (i use xscope browser or something like that).  get the app "flashify" and you can just use chrome normally and then when you need to use a site with flash, you just click the share button, click flashify and it will open the site in the other browser.

google it and it's explained much better than i did, but it's possible, i use it on my nexus7 and can watch amazon instant, etc with it.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: September 12, 2012, 12:47:09 PM »
 :surprised:

Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: September 12, 2012, 12:48:30 PM »
I feel like my 4s is a piece of crap now you guys.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: September 12, 2012, 12:59:05 PM »
Meh.

It is, but the iphone 5 isn't any better.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: September 12, 2012, 02:00:30 PM »
Meh.

It is, but the iphone 5 isn't any better.

:facepalm:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: September 12, 2012, 02:59:34 PM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: September 14, 2012, 11:14:24 AM »
iphone5 being delivered to the dave household next friday

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: September 14, 2012, 12:01:09 PM »
Just found out you can't be on a voice call and simultaneously look up stuff on the interwebs  on the new iPhone (on Sprint that is).  This is pretty close to a deal breaker, considering I am used to doing that already with my freaking 2 year old EVO. Somebody talk me down off the ledge.  :frown:

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: September 14, 2012, 12:32:59 PM »
Just found out you can't be on a voice call and simultaneously look up stuff on the interwebs  on the new iPhone (on Sprint that is).  This is pretty close to a deal breaker, considering I am used to doing that already with my freaking 2 year old EVO. Somebody talk me down off the ledge.  :frown:

Almost all CDMA (Sprint and Verizon) phones are like this. If you are on 4G or wifi, you can still use talk and data. I went with the EVO LTE because it has the tech to use 3G and voice at the same time. I'm not sure of any other phone like that.